PDA

View Full Version : Question about RS6 c5 exhaust....

XRS6X
March 6th, 2014, 21:17
Hey guys,

Its taking so much time for the guys to send me the exhaust for my RS6 so i was thinking that just to try it i want to cut down the mufflers until the exhaust comes... Well and the question is...will i do something wrong to the car? back pressure or something?
Sorry if my question is so stupid but dont know much about these things and prefer to ask before I do something...

Bigglezworth
March 6th, 2014, 21:47
Assuming you're talking about removing the mufflers only, then there is nothing that can hurt your ride other than lots of noise. Guessing you have a standard exhaust vs. the sound enhancing option since the standard is one piece while the SE is three piece. Ensure you account for proper hanger support as part of your demolition so that you don't create a situation where the pipes might drop down unexpectedly.

XRS6X
March 6th, 2014, 21:52
Assuming you're talking about removing the mufflers only, then there is nothing that can hurt your ride other than lots of noise. Guessing you have a standard exhaust vs. the sound enhancing option since the standard is one piece while the SE is three piece. Ensure you account for proper hanger support as part of your demolition so that you don't create a situation where the pipes might drop down unexpectedly.

Thanks a lot buddy,

yes i just want to cut down the mufflers..i am guessing that there is gonna be a loots of noise so i will drive it only few times...but wanted to ask first and then do what i want to do...

MaxRS6
March 6th, 2014, 22:44
^Of course it will break down unless you post a vid/sound clip of the noise for us monkeys..;0

XRS6X
March 6th, 2014, 22:53
^Of course it will break down unless you post a vid/sound clip of the noise for us monkeys..;0

:addict: will make some vids for you buddy so it doesnt break down hahaaha :race:

ben916
March 6th, 2014, 23:20
So, let me get this straight:
You want to CUT off the mufflers on your RS6?
You also realize that there is a resonator under there also?!?!
What are you expecting to happen?

Granted this is YOUR car, it almost sounds like you want to rice it out??!?

lswing
March 6th, 2014, 23:33
Granted this is YOUR car, it almost sounds like you want to rice it out??!?

And he goes right for the jugular!......Rice, ouch......I can send some NOS stickers:dig:.

Didn't somebody do this a few months back and it actually sounded decent? It was an SEE with the resonators I think. Still, the SEE has an amazingly good rumble I think.

MaxRS6
March 6th, 2014, 23:36
:addict: will make some vids for you buddy so it doesnt break down hahaaha :race:

Thx- the ears look forward to it.

JSRS6
March 7th, 2014, 01:59
About 9 months ago, I had my mufflers replaced with straight pipe, still wasn't loud enough. replaced the resonators also. love the sound. mmmmmmm.

And he goes right for the jugular!......Rice, ouch......I can send some NOS stickers:dig:.

Didn't somebody do this a few months back and it actually sounded decent? It was an SEE with the resonators I think. Still, the SEE has an amazingly good rumble I think.

lswing
March 7th, 2014, 03:07
About 9 months ago, I had my mufflers replaced with straight pipe, still wasn't loud enough. replaced the resonators also. love the sound. mmmmmmm.

Can I send you the NOS stickers:) Glad it sounds good, I like the exhaust but wonder just how awesome the beast would sound....

johnnie27
March 7th, 2014, 05:43

yeah i have primary cats then only 2 mufflers at the end sound is epic.15057

Corbett
March 7th, 2014, 05:59
Here's mine.

3" downpipes
3" xpipe
3" catback
no cats
no resonators
no mufflers

http://youtu.be/wJbAbVKSt-k

Corbett
March 7th, 2014, 06:00
One more in neutral

http://youtu.be/BKaONjgFTBA

lswing
March 7th, 2014, 08:32
Hmmm, mixed on that, nice on a hot rod 70's ride, not so much for a luxury car...fun sound, I just got tired of noise over the years I guess.

lswing
March 7th, 2014, 08:34
Here's mine.

3" downpipes
3" xpipe
3" catback
no cats
no resonators
no mufflers

http://youtu.be/wJbAbVKSt-k

A better quality video would help, but does sound mean.

Corbett
March 7th, 2014, 10:11
Hmmm, mixed on that, nice on a hot rod 70's ride, not so much for a luxury car...fun sound, I just got tired of noise over the years I guess.

To to each his own! It's really not the loud except when you want it to be and it surprisingly quiet inside the cabin.

JSRS6
March 7th, 2014, 12:47
Can I send you the NOS stickers:) Glad it sounds good, I like the exhaust but wonder just how awesome the beast would sound....

I believe you commented favorably on the video I posted on the highway?

lswing
March 7th, 2014, 15:55
I believe you commented favorably on the video I posted on the highway?

Yep, think I remember that one! Tough to capture the sound in video, comes through good sometimes.

XRS6X
March 7th, 2014, 16:04
just have seen the pics of the tips on the new exhaust that is coming and really dont like the tips..anybody know where can i get the milltek type exhaust tips? {but dont feel like paying so much cash for the original millteks..pretty expensive tips} something similar in shape and they should be big also...

thanks guys

Corbett
March 7th, 2014, 16:12
There's a guy on these forums that makes some just like them for cheap. I forget his name though.

XRS6X
March 7th, 2014, 16:26
There's a guy on these forums that makes some just like them for cheap. I forget his name though.

:addict:come on man i hope you can remember his name ....would be a really big help for me

Corbett
March 7th, 2014, 16:46
His name is Ed Bishop

his phone number is tel:60four-88nine-9831

email : pohsib at hotmail dot com

XRS6X
March 7th, 2014, 17:06
His name is Ed Bishop

his phone number is tel:60four-88nine-9831

email : pohsib at hotmail dot com

thanks a lot for the help!! have sent him a mail right now...so let see if he answers...

Mike

audiprotn
March 7th, 2014, 17:34
Let me know if he replies, i've been trying to contact him for over 3 months now

XRS6X
March 7th, 2014, 17:44
Let me know if he replies, i've been trying to contact him for over 3 months now

sure will let you know...just hope he replies....