PDA

View Full Version : My Car Can T Go Into Reverse, Again!!

smerayo
November 20th, 2003, 09:32
This sucks!!!!!!!! :mad:

Dimitri
November 21st, 2003, 07:32
That might be the same problem of my car, donīt worry, it wonīt take much time, but the have to take out the whole gearbox to replace the f***ing selector.

Anyway I canīt understand what itīs happening whith this car, althoug mine itīs working perfectly right know, I travel a lot and Iīm not very confident thinking anytime the car could leave on a side of the road.

Good luck.

I always wonder why I didnīt asked a triptronic... :vsad2: :vsad2: :vsad2: :vsad2:

smerayo
November 21st, 2003, 14:27
Colega, thank you for your moral help. Audi has told me thay want to change the whole gearbox. They say it will cost around 12,000 euros (audi pays for it, f*** them!!) i hope they get this problem sorted out. I am pissed, very pissed!! i am thinking on selling it... S**t!!!!

Erik
November 21st, 2003, 14:33
Not good...

Dimitri
November 21st, 2003, 15:46
They told me the same at first, and then before it was only that little pieze... anyway, If they want to change the whole thing go ahead and do it, itīll be satisfaing to know them spending that money on your car, donīt you think??

I insist, I understand you, but mine is going perfect now (I had made 2500 kms when it broke down and by now I have 4500 kms), wait until they fix it and try, then if thereīre further problems give it a kick on the a**.

Feel free Iīve you wanna contact me and send me a private mesagge, maybe itīll be good that your dealer shared experience whith mine.

Animo colega!!!

Klint
November 21st, 2003, 16:14
oh dear.

It is the first year production right?...expect the later year production S4 V8s to have certain teething problems ironed out.

I personally avoid first year productions for this reason.

:cheers:

Polorijder
November 21st, 2003, 22:07
:p i think a lot of problems will be solved if you first lift your foot of the clutch pedal and then push the gaspedal. The only thing which slips in a quattro is the clutch and with this amount of torq a few wrong acceleration and bye bye clutch.

smerayo
November 22nd, 2003, 03:22
:confused: :confused: :confused: Listen, i think i may know how to drive manual cars??' what is this this?? somekind of joke!!???:mad: :mad:

smerayo
November 22nd, 2003, 03:24
In addition, it sn t the clutch. It is it just can t go into reverse...:rolleyes: (as all gears work perfectly)

Polorijder
November 22nd, 2003, 10:08
:D just kidding, i like to spice up the discussion:D

:confused: but really i`ve driving a few times the Audi S4 and i never heard about gearbox problems, the clutch i know is a weak point

:s4addict: above all it`s f...cking bad you`ve got these problems

:bye:

Dimitri
November 22nd, 2003, 10:28
Klint, Sorry but i had enough whith my audi drivers experience...

I can tell you, since I first knew about sergioīs problem with the clutch I treated my s4's clutch the same way I used to walk on my parents home when I came drunk at saturday night... you know?

Maybe thereīs something wrong with the car, but by know I have so much satisfaction that Iīll keep trusting audi so long...

Sergio, may the force be with you...

smerayo
November 22nd, 2003, 12:01
Originally posted by Polorijder

:confused: but really i`ve driving a few times the Audi S4 and i never heard about gearbox problems, the clutch i know is a weak point

Polorijder, there are dozens of car with transmission problems. Fortunately and unfortunately, i am not the ONLY one. If you don t believe me, check this website: www.audiworld.com

And yes, it is freaking bad i am having these problems...let s see how it goes the next days...Regards

smerayo
November 22nd, 2003, 12:02
Originally posted by Polorijder

At this momebt, i don t trust Audi anymore, it relies on how long it needs to be fixed :D because i need my car so badly :incar: :incar: