PDA

View Full Version : Seafoam

SA RS6
March 4th, 2014, 01:52
this may be beating a dead horse, but i couldn't find anything on here for it. Has anyone use sea foam on there RS6? if so what vac line did you put it in? Ive used some good fuel treatment (44k) and it seemed to help, but I've had good results with it in my wives f150 and land rover. So just figured if it won't hurt anything i may give it a shot in the RS6. Any opinions will help, thanks in advanced :race:

Avus-RS6
March 4th, 2014, 03:21
Not in my RS6, but I ran 1/2 a bottle through my intake on my 2.7tt a month ago, used the aftermarket boost line that T's off of the FPR vacuum line. Put the other 1/2 in the gas tank. Didn't really notice a difference, still runs good and gets 19-20mpg with my heavy foot.

lswing
March 4th, 2014, 19:43
Aces IV is the only thing I've heard of anyone adding to our cars. It's octane booster, maybe a bit of a cleaner.....I would keep anything else out myself.

SA RS6
March 5th, 2014, 19:56
Yea I didn't do it, didn't wanna chance it, just threw in some 44k, I know that stuff is pretty good. Thanks for the help guys.

lswing
March 5th, 2014, 20:05
Some 100 octane mixed with some WOT is always good to freshen things up....:revs:

Other_Erik
March 6th, 2014, 12:52
Staying on topic for the moment, SA RS6-
I've used Seafoam on both of my Grand Prix's, and while it does a fair job of top-engine clean, I don't think I'd want to run it through the 4.2TT. I'd probably scat myself if I saw the amount of black-then-grey-then-white smoke pouring out the exhaust of the RS6 that I've gotten out of my other vehicles (carbon ejection).

It's also a matter of how you use it. For the GTP's, I'd run half the bottle through the vacuum line to clean the lower intake manifold, valves, lifter valley, etc... and dump the other half straight into the crank case about 5 miles before doing an oil change to de-gunk the lower half of the block and remove any potential buildup on the crankshaft. Never used it as a fuel additive because it is a stronger solvent than gasoline, I can see it causing issues with old fuel lines / pressure regulators, and doing a number on the piston rings...

Just my opinion, take it for what it's worth ($0.02 or nothing)

Aces IV is the only thing I've heard of anyone adding to our cars. It's octane booster, maybe a bit of a cleaner.....I would keep anything else out myself.

Ya, but where am I supposed to buy it? Only place I can find on the web advertising that they sell it is BND automotive, and they don't even list a price, just "call us with your credit card ready!" :|

While I'm on the subject of ACES IV, anyone try QuantumBlue oil / trans fluid / coolants? Supposedly custom-blended per customer - I'd be interested to see how they compare with Royal Purple, straight VW505.01, etc... in a head to head using Blackstone Labs (or lab of your choice) for analysis...

O_E

lswing
March 6th, 2014, 16:35
Aces is about $80 for a half gallon, ballpark. Just takes a bit per tank, seems to help more with bad gas. Just give him a call, been honest with many people on here. A handful swear by the BND product line, sure it's good stuff.