PDA

View Full Version : Won't start after re-assembly!!!!

Beardown1
March 1st, 2014, 14:04
So I finally got things all buttoned up and all fluids in last night. Removed the fuse for fuel pump to crank a few times without actually starting. Replaced the fuse and it won't turn over. It just cranks and cranks and the cooling fans run like crazy. It does come up with the low oil pressure symbol in the dash so maybe pressure switch? Any suggestions?

MaxRS6
March 1st, 2014, 14:51
ECU fuse possibly? Mine has blown a couple of times. Less than .03 worth.

Beardown1
March 1st, 2014, 17:55
Thanks Max. I just check and all fuses appear fine. Am getting error code P0600 communications link error with my generic scanner (don't have Vag Com.). It's like it's in immobilize mode or something.

MaxRS6
March 1st, 2014, 18:07
I doubt it is the issue- I had the APR chip become loose in prior days (probably what blew the ECU fuse). It would crank but never fired up. Might open up the ECU to check the solder. Hail Mary Guess

nubcake
March 1st, 2014, 20:05
Sounds like an issue with the ECU.
Either something wrong with the unit itself, or with connection to it.
It's not the "immobilizer mode" - that usually means it will start but die almost immediately.

ttboost
March 1st, 2014, 23:30
Don't recall what you did, but check your ground connection(s). There are a lot of ground connections on the firewall on the drivers side by the EGT sensors. There is also a main ground strap under the passenger side frame rail.

Beardown1
March 1st, 2014, 23:42
Thanks ttboost I will dbl check the grounds. Max I have attached pics of my opened ECU. Can't find anything that actually has APR printed on it. What am I looking for?

Beardown1
March 2nd, 2014, 00:02
I found it......everything seems fine on it. I will now check grounds. I am getting crazy CEL flashes which is how the APR ECU communicates with you to let you know what mode your in, etc. I wonder if there is some trick needed through APR to get things communicating correctly after the battery has been disconnected for an extended period?

Beardown1
March 2nd, 2014, 01:12
ttboost is the winner! Found one ground wire wrapped under the main wiring loom. Pulled it free and connected it to the firewall with the others and bingo. Now I need to tighten the coolant banjo bolt or otherwise figure out why coolant is leaking from the passenger turbo.

DHall1
March 2nd, 2014, 01:23
Chicken dinner 4 tt

ttboost
March 2nd, 2014, 13:21
Too late, just had Rice Krispies with some blueberries....I'll take the win though...Glad you found it. Tough car and lots to miss. To make you feel better, my first time was worse than that. I forgot that big ground cable under the passenger frame rail. I disconnected it from the frame instead of the starter stud. When I got all done, I went to start it and "POOF""..Big wisps of smoke...and then a very small coolant drip. Uh oh I thought...and with good reason...The ground cable I neglected to connect, was touching the stainless steel turbo coolant line. When I turned the key, all 10,000 amps went through that coolant line jacket and burned a pinhole...yeah...everything back apart to fix that...

hahnmgh63
March 2nd, 2014, 15:28
That's funny as I forgot that exact same ground down by the right engine mount. I got Redlights in the dash but the engine wouldn't turn over. It took me at least a full day to figure it out.