PDA

View Full Version : RS6 Front Seat Weight??

Del Stator
February 24th, 2014, 19:18
How much do the RS6 front seats weigh? I am looking for an exact weight. Shohan told me around 150lbs. That was an estimate but seems high..

Thanks

bmlee007
February 24th, 2014, 20:34
I seem to recall a number of around 66 lbs for a single front. Maybe their number is for the pair, plus shipping material.

I'll have one in my hands tomorrow, though I don't have a scale, I can give a better estimate for a single seat then.

bmlee007
February 25th, 2014, 16:58
I seem to recall a number of around 66 lbs for a single front. Maybe their number is for the pair, plus shipping material.

I'll have one in my hands tomorrow, though I don't have a scale, I can give a better estimate for a single seat then.

So this afternoon I got the delivery I was waiting for, and can say that the fronts are 65-70 lbs each. As I said yesterday, no scale to get an exact number, but they felt about the same as the 68 lb tool box I drag across the country for work.

JSRS6
February 25th, 2014, 17:44
A bathroom scale will work. Just subtract.

Del Stator
February 25th, 2014, 18:46
So this afternoon I got the delivery I was waiting for, and can say that the fronts are 65-70 lbs each. As I said yesterday, no scale to get an exact number, but they felt about the same as the 68 lb tool box I drag across the country for work.

Thanks for checking. I had hoped they weighed more. Then I could justify getting lighter Recaros. I might still..

bmlee007
February 26th, 2014, 16:00
I had thought about getting the Recaro Sportster or even the Cross Sportster, which are around 33 lbs each. But with the existing silver interior, they wouldn't match without having the rear bench recovered as well. I wanted the black with silver insert, but then I'd have to either re-covering the rears to match, or buy a black bench and have the centers lined in silver. And then change the rear deck lid and trim pieces to black, and maybe the headliner as well. Not really an inexpensive option.

I'm currently in Germany on business, and after 4 weeks of searching, I've found a near flawless factory set, black leather with silver alcantara, complete with center arm rest and door cards. Got it for a great price, and though it will take some time, an excellent deal on shipping. I'm all in for less than the cost of the just the Sportsters. When I get home, the trim set should be back from oCarbon, and I'm not afraid to say that I'm going to have one delicious interior when it is complete.

JSRS6
February 26th, 2014, 16:48
You luck ass mothe.....

ben916
February 27th, 2014, 00:56
You luck ass mothe.....

I second that $hit!!! grrrrr

Del Stator
February 27th, 2014, 05:13
Whoa!! Nice set up!!

I pick up my car this coming Monday. I am going to sit in some different Recaros and think about it.

MaxRS6
February 27th, 2014, 13:32
You luck ass mothe.....

I second that $hit!!! grrrrr

Third!!!- Add me to the pile on...

lswing
February 27th, 2014, 17:04
They're just going to get dirty, who would want that? Let me know when you're selling....

ben916
February 27th, 2014, 17:56
They're just going to get dirty, who would want that? Let me know when you're selling....

I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today, er wait, recaros today...

bmlee007
February 27th, 2014, 22:44

I guess that's the, umm, benefit, of being on the road 300 days a year? Can't wear out a seat if you don't sit in it. Already this year I've been on two single flights that were more miles than I drove the RS6 all last year.

But the smile-to-mile ratio is better than any car I've ever owned. And it is sure to double with the new interior.

lswing
February 28th, 2014, 00:08
Always good when that work pays off, cheers. That will be one sweet interior. So many smiles in this ride, nothing like a good pull in 2nd or 3rd to make the day!

repda503
February 28th, 2014, 11:40
Anybody have these Recaro Sportster CS's and know of a seller in the PNW? http://www.redlinespeedworx.com/audi-c5-rs6-recaro-match-made-in-heaven/

Also, anyone know where I can source those smoked tails? They seem different than the HELLA's I have seen online (not as dark).