PDA

View Full Version : Rotors

SA RS6
February 22nd, 2014, 05:14
This may have been asked before, I tried searching but didn't find the answer I was looking for. Will the B7 rs4 rotors fit our car? I found a couple places that have the stock two price ones for a good price, and I was thinking down the road upgrade to the 380mm. I've seen the JHM ones, and if rs4's won't work I may just end up going with those. Thanks in advances for any help.

johnnie27
February 22nd, 2014, 05:57
nope and i wouldn't run JhM FWIW

Loba make a nice one, but there is noting wrong with oem

4everRS
February 22nd, 2014, 14:22
Take oem s and get them cryogenically treated.

G2
February 23rd, 2014, 08:06
Take oem s and get them cryogenically treated.

Great idea. Any further info on that?......

G2
February 23rd, 2014, 08:13
Zimmerman rotors are the lowest priced OE quality I've found so far.

I think the newer RS5 rotors will fit. But they are not directional like ours. Probably makes no difference for street driving with good pads.

Korben007
February 23rd, 2014, 15:24
the reason rs4 rotors don't work is the hub offset is different. The rotor part is the same but the hub on the RS6 sits out a little further.

4everRS
February 24th, 2014, 02:58
Great idea. Any further info on that?......
http://www.frozenrotors.com

Turbowned
February 24th, 2014, 14:27
nope and i wouldn't run JhM FWIW

Loba make a nice one, but there is noting wrong with oem

What's wrong with the JHM ones?

Other_Erik
February 24th, 2014, 14:44
What's wrong with the JHM ones?

Can't say that I've seen anything specifically wrong with the product, but there have been MANY instances of folks paying for product from JHM and then waiting 6 months before being told "we just got those in stock, will ship in 2-4 weeks"

SA RS6
February 24th, 2014, 15:56
yea ive seen the Zimmerman's, just gonna go with those, i couldn't even find the JHM's anymore. And how much of a difference does it make sending them to Frozen?

JSRS6
February 24th, 2014, 18:08
Supposed to double wear life. Ben can chime in further. He was the guinea pig.

ben916
February 24th, 2014, 18:50
Supposed to double wear life. Ben can chime in further. He was the guinea pig.

Yes I can!
IF you chose to do this, I can suggest a few things:

1. Have the rotors drop shipped to the frozenrotors location before Wednesdays. They group everything together by Friday and then dip cycles for 60 hours or something close to that!
2. The rotors come back to you in a slightly darker color than original, which makes perfect sense to me.
3. I replaced the pad at the same time F/R. (I only froze the front rotors).
4. The initial pad break in takes a few trips from 60-20. Things will be hot and smell like pads.
5. It took 600+ miles before the squealing went away! I was on the phone with Pat and he could hear it while I was driving. After listening to that for a month, I then executed several +12X MPH - 50 MPH moderate to firm decelerations and the squealing was gone.

I didn't track my car but I did have fun with it.
I also had the original brake fluid bled out at Raven and that seemed to help pedal feel.

When I sold her (frozens on from 42k to 68k miles), there was some wear on the rotors but not nearly the same wear as when I purchased it.

Would I do it again = yes
Would I recommend = yes

Patience on shipping to/from Frozen as it is all ground and also make sure you OVER insure...

SA RS6
February 24th, 2014, 21:19
ok so i went to the link above, the ones for sale on the site, are they already done?

ben916
February 24th, 2014, 22:16
ok so i went to the link above, the ones for sale on the site, are they already done?

It looks like they are BUT the OEM set is drilled.

Bigglezworth
February 24th, 2014, 23:58
Zimmerman rotors are $275ea. Unless you're saving a significant chunk off that, I'd just stick with OEM personally.

SA RS6
February 25th, 2014, 00:14
Zimmerman rotors are $275ea. Unless you're saving a significant chunk off that, I'd just stick with OEM personally.

thats what i may do for now, if i have the extra cash may do the frozen. thank you all for the input.

NSU RS6
February 25th, 2014, 00:23
Yes I can!
IF you chose to do this, I can suggest a few things:

1. Have the rotors drop shipped to the frozenrotors location before Wednesdays. They group everything together by Friday and then dip cycles for 60 hours or something close to that!
2. The rotors come back to you in a slightly darker color than original, which makes perfect sense to me.
3. I replaced the pad at the same time F/R. (I only froze the front rotors).
4. The initial pad break in takes a few trips from 60-20. Things will be hot and smell like pads.
5. It took 600+ miles before the squealing went away! I was on the phone with Pat and he could hear it while I was driving. After listening to that for a month, I then executed several +12X MPH - 50 MPH moderate to firm decelerations and the squealing was gone.

I didn't track my car but I did have fun with it.
I also had the original brake fluid bled out at Raven and that seemed to help pedal feel.

When I sold her (frozens on from 42k to 68k miles), there was some wear on the rotors but not nearly the same wear as when I purchased it.

Would I do it again = yes
Would I recommend = yes

Patience on shipping to/from Frozen as it is all ground and also make sure you OVER insure...

Forgot the important part Ben: ¿Cuantos?

ben916
February 26th, 2014, 06:28
Forgot the important part Ben: ¿Cuantos?

opps!
it was $150 round trip with shipping and insurance.

bakes
March 16th, 2014, 20:36
Hi all,
I'm on my personal search for replacement rotors and am considering having them sent to frozen rotors to lengthen their life. On Frozen's website they are selling the rotors for $419 a piece for fronts and $415 for rears. I'm wondering if it's just simpler to order from them and then save on shipping and insurance from whomever I buy my rotors from? Thoughts?

bakes
March 16th, 2014, 23:52
Hi all,
I'm on my personal search for replacement rotors and am considering having them sent to frozen rotors to lengthen their life. On Frozen's website they are selling the rotors for $419 a piece for fronts and $415 for rears. I'm wondering if it's just simpler to order from them and then save on shipping and insurance from whomever I buy my rotors from? Thoughts?

I'm assuming that the cost is for already frozen rotors...i better make sure.

bmlee007
March 16th, 2014, 23:58
That looks like a bargain. I would write them and question if the shipping and tax are only charged one time. Meaning, will you get charged for delivery from the warehouse to them, and then again from them to you after they're treated?

If it is only one charge, I say go for it!

bakes
March 17th, 2014, 00:37
That looks like a bargain. I would write them and question if the shipping and tax are only charged one time. Meaning, will you get charged for delivery from the warehouse to them, and then again from them to you after they're treated?

If it is only one charge, I say go for it!

I've emailed the to confirm if their website price is only for untreated rotors and then extra cost is on top. If that's the case then there are cheaper rotors to be found and online places offer free shipping so I can get them sent straight there. I'll update this thread when I find out...perhaps the price is too good to be true.