PDA

View Full Version : Carbon spoiler

Corse998r
February 22nd, 2014, 03:33
Does anyone know the manufacturer of this carbon spoiler? Where can I get one? Thanks

Edit: OOPS! Yes I did :)

DHall1
February 22nd, 2014, 04:09
This?

Did you forget a pic

johnnie27
February 22nd, 2014, 05:59

like this one?

DHall1
February 22nd, 2014, 06:01
Limited production

1400 bucks

I have one

johnnie27
February 22nd, 2014, 06:14
mine was over 2K , stephen did some remakes in the usa for less...for the lucky few that bit the bullet...it makes the car doesn't it Dave

repda503
February 22nd, 2014, 09:54
It's called the kohlenstoff spoiler. I was in Stephens group buy as well.

http://www.kohlenstoff.jp/archives/274

NSU RS6
February 22nd, 2014, 18:26
mine was over 2K , stephen did some remakes in the usa for less...for the lucky few that bit the bullet...it makes the car doesn't it Dave

It does make the car - and that is why I painted mine exactly like yours, except Daytona. Still have to put it on though. I decided to wait until spring. I have spent the last year "pretending" it is on, so paying attention to curbs, etc., is always being considered.

The other thing that looks sharp is the elimination of the yellow in the headlights. How much work was that? Do you run a a yellow bulb?

Craig

Corse998r
February 23rd, 2014, 01:34
Those are bad ass. So there was a company that made them originally and you guys had someone with an autoclave and carbon fiber company make reproductions of it? How can I get one of these?

na1mt
February 23rd, 2014, 03:01
I would think that it would eventually ruin the paint on the front bumper cover since it acts as a slip on and will slide up and down on the paint.

Corse998r
February 23rd, 2014, 04:44
Somebody put me in touch with Stephen

DHall1
February 23rd, 2014, 05:11
And some day we will all push weeds up from the soil.

I will enjoy my carbon lip and let it mar my 3m clearbra

johnnie27
February 23rd, 2014, 11:36
It does make the car - and that is why I painted mine exactly like yours, except Daytona. Still have to put it on though. I decided to wait until spring. I have spent the last year "pretending" it is on, so paying attention to curbs, etc., is always being considered.

The other thing that looks sharp is the elimination of the yellow in the headlights. How much work was that? Do you run a a yellow bulb?

Craig
Hi Craig , my lights are as the cars in OZ where delivered no mods , the have a orange bulb as stock here ...you splitter coded will look awesome i ran mine for 4 years in carbon...then painted it last year....its very very durable!!!

johnnie27
February 23rd, 2014, 11:38
I would think that it would eventually ruin the paint on the front bumper cover since it acts as a slip on and will slide up and down on the paint.

this mate no offense.... would have to be the most SPASTIC thing i ever read on this forum!

na1mt
February 23rd, 2014, 19:20
this mate no offense.... would have to be the most SPASTIC thing i ever read on this forum!

Really??? It doesn't take the place of any part.....it fits over your existing bumper. And it will move as you drive thus coming into contact with the bumper cover and acting as an abrasive. If you cover your bumper with 3M it wouldn't matter, as Dave said....which I honestly didn't think of.

johnnie27
February 23rd, 2014, 22:34
Really??? It doesn't take the place of any part.....it fits over your existing bumper. And it will move as you drive thus coming into contact with the bumper cover and acting as an abrasive. If you cover your bumper with 3M it wouldn't matter, as Dave said....which I honestly didn't think of.

yeah sorry mate, its fixed to the bumper it moves with the bumper, 5 years no issues...nothing that cant be buffed out anyway:hey:

na1mt
February 24th, 2014, 01:38
yeah sorry mate, its fixed to the bumper it moves with the bumper, 5 years no issues...nothing that cant be buffed out anyway:hey:

To each their own.....I personally liked the Cupra lip better. I saw the one installed on Speedtrapped's old car pictured in the original post here and it rubbed against the bumper, mostly on the sides. He also had another one that was basically shattered from a hit. Maybe you drilled a couple extra holes in your bumper or used a little more double faced tape to stick yours on. If I was going to spend $1400+ on a lip or lower valence, I would make sure it bolted on in place of the existing one instead of slipping over what was there........just my $.02

johnnie27
February 24th, 2014, 05:20
To each their own.....I personally liked the Cupra lip better. I saw the one installed on Speedtrapped's old car pictured in the original post here and it rubbed against the bumper, mostly on the sides. He also had another one that was basically shattered from a hit. Maybe you drilled a couple extra holes in your bumper or used a little more double faced tape to stick yours on. If I was going to spend $1400+ on a lip or lower valence, I would make sure it bolted on in place of the existing one instead of slipping over what was there........just my $.02

yes agree there is nothin quite like a 1 inch piece of plastic to make the front of a car.

no extra holes for mounting just applied correctly ..been airborne , 180 mph..track days..drags..shopping .... dirt roads....no issues ever..all the best mate..

lswing
February 24th, 2014, 05:54
yes agree there is nothin quite like a 1 inch piece of plastic to make the front of a car.

Carbon is just fancy plastic ya know:)....certainly the carbon looks good, but the simplicity of the cupra isn't bad, each to their own!

johnnie27
February 24th, 2014, 07:02
Carbon is just fancy plastic ya know:)....certainly the carbon looks good, but the simplicity of the cupra isn't bad, each to their own!

just some ozzie sarcasm ..xx love you all

jibberjive
February 24th, 2014, 10:39
Somebody put me in touch with Stephen
2nd. I have been trying to get a hold of him for something else, and I can't seem to find a good contact method as I don't think my PM's or email got to him. Anyone know how to get in contact with him?

Turbowned
February 24th, 2014, 14:24
$60 for a Cupra R lip, eh? Might hafta do that...

na1mt
February 24th, 2014, 14:26

It's not worth explaining it to him. What he has is the best and nothing anyone else adds will have any relavence or value because it's not his experience. I saw it in person, I saw how it fit like a POS, and I wouldn't spend the $1400 they charge straight from their website.....let alone the $2k he got ass raped for it. So.....Cheerio mate. Oh yeah......and if you were just going to paint it like you did it only costs around $700 from the website.

johnnie27
February 24th, 2014, 21:18
It's not worth explaining it to him. What he has is the best and nothing anyone else adds will have any relavence or value because it's not his experience. I saw it in person, I saw how it fit like a POS, and I wouldn't spend the $1400 they charge straight from their website.....let alone the $2k he got ass raped for it. So.....Cheerio mate. Oh yeah......and if you were just going to paint it like you did it only costs around $700 from the website.

oh you silly American...i feel for you (traveled have you?) perhaps its that you are under 5ft 10 and suffer Napoleon syndrome..its ok, I'll send you some enlargement pills in the post..i have some spare!

you are so ill informed it is funny.. i like the supra lip..i was thinking of getting one...as i was bored with my car..but instead i decided to paint my carbon POS ..fit was horrible you can see this in the pics.. no i leave it in the garage ..its a bit like your women...I'm too embarrassed to take it out in the daylight??

mine came from japan it was 2400 AUD delivered 6 years ago..fact..its not about the money hell the RS6 cost 226,000 here! tell me where i can get the same Japanese made carbon lip for $700 from the same company and I'll buy a few spares!!!

and i don't actually like carbon that much either ..i wished it was just fiberglass...but it wasn't about the product or the money Mr small mind..it was about making my RS not look like a giant TT you see.....but looks are subjective...and knowledge is well only a google away Mr short....so keep trolling it suits you..you need some more practice thou..try it with your left hand?

lswing
February 24th, 2014, 21:23
:pop::pop::applause::applause::applause: Now could you send me the link to those pills please?......

JSRS6
February 24th, 2014, 22:07
The reason we have the best forum I know of is this kind of crap is rare. So cut it out or at least take it off line, gentlemen.

na1mt
February 25th, 2014, 01:01
http://www.kohlenstoff.jp/archives/274 Here is your link. I'm going to end this now, as you are obviously butt hurt that I actually have an opinion that doesn't run parallel with yours. Seen them both in person, so can't see how I'm ill informed, but maybe we are just having a language barrier. I don't need your extra "enlargement" pills either, although why do you have spares in the first place? Did they work alright for you or did you just give up on them? Either way, thanks for the offer but I'm good.

I will make it a point not to offer my opinion on products I have seen up close ever again so as not to stir up our Aborigine friends from Down Under.

NSU RS6
February 25th, 2014, 02:06
The reason we have the best forum I know of is this kind of crap is rare. So cut it out or at least take it off line, gentlemen.

Really. Put a scale next to your junk, take pictures, and do the comparo offline amongst yourselves.

That said - here are some things about Stephen's group buy:

- We needed six minimum to get $1400 pricing shipped.
- There were some hiccups in Japan, so manufacture took quite awhile.
- Shipping took fricking forever. 3 months? 4? Earthquake/Tidal wave flotsam arrives faster.
- Customs estimates were $100 (or more) underestimated, and Stephen requested a late game ante up. I complied - but I think Stephen ate some costs himself.
- Stephen then built the most anal retentive, beautiful custom wood shipping boxes I have ever seen. I need to find a picture. They were unbelievable.
- The spoiler is perfect. Perfectly fitted, and perfectly styled. It is aggressive and classy at the same time. Tough to do.

- Last: Stephen sold his RS6 and moved to Europe for his job. Hasn't been heard from since.

I will be putting mine on in the next month or so. As far as any potential for marring the front bumper - I got extra 3M film from when I got the spoiler covered after paint. The bumper cover has it already anyway. Interestingly, the lower bumper has the inevitable dings that occur in 10 years/80 K miles, and this new spoiler will cover those perfectly. Talk about lipstick!

The spoiler, the paint, and the 3M makes me in for $2K.

But for me, it is perfect, and the cost is worthy of the car.