PDA

View Full Version : WUAPV54B73N905578 available in Ohio - any info?

MitchG
February 21st, 2014, 14:24
I read through the FAQ, but am not 100% sure where to post this. There is a red/black RS6 available in Ohio. The car was at a dealer called Toy Barn:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audi-RS6-Sedan-4-Door-/221356092388?vxp=mtr

and is now offered at Auto World USA:

http://www.autoworldusainc.com/vehicle.php?stock=P7709-252

Does anyone know anything about this car? I have read what I can about the RS6 and the weak points. This car has been switched to coil overs...not certain if that is a plus or minus. Also, when offered by Toy Barn a lot of maintenance records were included, which looks like the timing belt was done on schedule (35 and 70). Nothing I could find on the transmission.

Anyway, I would appreciate any information or guidance the group can offer.

Mitch

Other_Erik
February 21st, 2014, 14:33
At least they're honest about the gas mileage!
MPG: 0 (City) | 0 (Hwy)

Interior wear/tear looks pretty standard for a 10-year-old car with 85k on the clock, price doesn't seem out of this world.

Coilover suspension replacing DRC can only be a good thing. Not sure about the maintenance record on the trans, I just pored over mine to look for possible causes of hard shifts and saw that the trans in my (lower-VIN) 905530 was replaced at 97k miles...

I'd say get an Audi stealership local to them to do a full pre-purchase inspection (1-1.5hrs labor at ~$120/hr) and if they dont find issues, let 'er rip! Get on board the crazy train! Oh, and have the dealership you buy from get at least one extra key cut, was my displeasure to shell out $750/ea to AoA to have new keys done up for my beast.

O_E

Corbett
February 21st, 2014, 15:03
Toy barn is an excellent place to buy a car. If they would put it up for sale I would say that's a good start. Lots of people from my area drive down there to buy nice Euros

DHall1
February 21st, 2014, 15:28
Toybarn had that car for several months. Back to Oct at least....but they were trying to get 26k for it.

You did see what it went for....and Autoworld is not marking it up too much.

The vin is on the list but no other info other than Toybarn. Car looks very clean and a steal at the 18k ebay sale.

This is a later vin and trans could be ok....it does need corner work to get the front lowered to balance the car but the KWs should treat you right. I have KWs on one of mine....love em.

You can tell the car has been cared for. Put a deposit pending PPI and verify no bondo in the car and .......Buy it.

MitchG
February 21st, 2014, 20:51
Thanks for the information gentlemen. I have been in touch with the seller and trying to get maintenance records. Toy Barn had many receipts (imagine that...repair receipts on an RS6 :-), but it does not look like they were kept with the car. I really want to verify the timing belt service and have the chance to review any other work.

Again, I appreciate the information.

RAUDI
February 21st, 2014, 21:02
Oh, and have the dealership you buy from get at least one extra key cut, was my displeasure to shell out $750/ea to AoA to have new keys done up for my beast.

O_E

AHHHH! I got mine for 152 and then I am going to program it myself, but even then they only charge 142 to program it at the dealer. THat's 294. Who charged you 750 each?

JSRS6
February 21st, 2014, 22:11
I want to say he got a new full set. 2 master, 1 spare and one valet.