PDA

View Full Version : O/T - Funny Quotes

Bigglezworth
February 19th, 2014, 03:36
I posted this on another car forum I frequent and thought it might get a couple of chuckles on this. I have sat next to the senior partner in my company for a number of years and frequently hear him talking with others around the office. He always comes up with so many funny sayings that I started to write them down a while back. Here's a list of a few of the more funny quotes. I know they aren't all original to him, but they are still funny. What have you heard your colleagues or friends quote that makes you chuckle?

- What is it the client REALLY wants to pay for?
- Not everything worth doing is worth doing well.
- Redefining the problem is a perfectly legitimate way to solve the problem
- I’m not as green as I look grassy
- Cynicism in the pursuit of truth is not cynicism
- Having lost site of their objectives, they doubled their efforts.
- . . . speak with great authority about things you know little about
- Client ((kl nt) v. “Someone whose expectations don’t meet his or her resources”
- When it comes to the decision of whether to be late, or issue poor drawings, be late.
- The best defence against slander is the facts
- The issue of people wanting to take responsibility to solve the problem, causes the problem
- Just because they’re paranoid doesn’t mean they’re out to get ya.
- We are at the point where you have to do what I tell you.
- You gotta jump in with both feet. Because if you walk in slowly you’re gonna run out as soon as your balls touch the water.
- If the difference doesn’t make a difference there is no difference
- Architecture: A loosely constructed ship on a slow moving island.
- There really is a VERY easy solution!
- It’s hard to hear you over the sucking sound.
- Politicians can make promises, but don’t promise the Politician
- Add a set of drapes and the contractor will try to sell you the window again!
- That's like debating evolution in a small Texas town. The facts will be on your side, but you still won't win.

lswing
February 19th, 2014, 03:51
Well done!....I run a small media company and many of these fit the bill. Recently I've been using, "some money is better than no money"..."complaining about work; at least there's work to complain about". Cheers!

Other_Erik
February 19th, 2014, 16:22
Keep it a little bit on-topic with an RS6 quote at least:
Driving an RS6 and worrying about gas mileage is like owning a boat and worrying about it getting wet. If you're getting more than 12mpg, you're not staying in boost long enough.

O/T quotes, some from former coworkers, some I'd like to take credit for:
That's slicker than a preacher's prick in a calf's ass!
Explaining the problem to management is like pushing a boulder uphill - in the end, you tire yourself out without fixing anything, and get crushed if you slip even once.
It's nice at times to soar with the eagles, but remember that weasels never get sucked into jet engines.