PDA

View Full Version : SonyEricsson Z600?

Klint
November 19th, 2003, 19:27
Hi,

As some of you may know from this thread (http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2512) I'm after a new mobile phone. The P900 cuts it right, just perfect for what I'm looking for...except the wait. I'm fed up of waiting and the earliest our local Phone shops will be getting them is in January....No Thank You.

So now, I'm going to settle for the Z600 (http://www.sonyericsson.com/uk/spg.jsp?page=start&Redir=template%3DPS1%26B%3Die%26PID%3D10104%26LM%3 DPSM_V%26R%3D1) and when I get time, i'll find out if any phone shops have them in stock. (I hope so)

Does anyone have experience with this phone? I've heard it's just a flip version of the T610, is this true?

Any other information will be useful..:)

:cheers:

Erik
November 19th, 2003, 19:44
The link gets me to the P900 so I guess that's what you need then ;)

Klint
November 19th, 2003, 20:00
Originally posted by Erik
The link gets me to the P900 so I guess that's what you need then ;)

:blush:

It does aswell..:hihi:

Z600 (http://www.sonyericsson.com/uk/spg.jsp?template=PS1&B=ie&PID=10104&LM=PSM_V&gal=105)

Hopefully that link works. I got thing for SonyEricsson btw..

krm
November 20th, 2003, 17:47
Clint,

the Z600 is the phone I am planning to get as well. While in London, I checked out the Z600 in one of the 'O2' stores, seems to fit my preferences for a next phone as my current T68i has been dissapointing. I'll probably pick one up around xmas time back in HK.

Snow
November 20th, 2003, 23:56
Yeah Klint. Go with Ericsson so my father gets his pay check this month too.
I'm a traitor (s.c.?) though, I have a Nokia. :hmm:

krm
November 28th, 2003, 17:39
Clint, wonder if you purchased the phone yet (?)

My friend suggested for me to look into the E700 from Samsung, and from the website it looks quite nice. Check it out too:

http://www.samsung.com/Products/MobilePhone/GSM/MobilePhone_GSM_SGH_E700.htm

Klint
November 28th, 2003, 18:43
Originally posted by krm
Clint, wonder if you purchased the phone yet (?)

My friend suggested for me to look into the E700 from Samsung, and from the website it looks quite nice. Check it out too:

http://www.samsung.com/Products/MobilePhone/GSM/MobilePhone_GSM_SGH_E700.htm

Thanks for the heads up, Karman.

I haven't purchased a new phone just yet, the P900 is top of my list, but the wait for it to come into stock, at our outlets is buying me time to go for an alternative route, which I'm trying to avoid, but it's tempting. :hihi:

I'll check out the E700. I'm also open to other suggestions. :0:

Klint
December 18th, 2003, 21:48
Karman & Friend,

Thanks for the E700 suggestion! I'm going ahead with it tommorow, I've lost patience in waiting for the Z600 to arrive, which was supposidly due last week! But now they're expecting mid Jan. delivery.

They had a P900 in but that was already a customer's and the phone is to order, which requires a wait... Oh, and guess who's phone was it? My Old Man's!! The Cheeky so-and-so. :bigeyes:

Thanks again Karman & Friend for the headsup...:0:

Snow
December 18th, 2003, 21:57
Originally posted by Klint

They had a P900 in but that was already a customer's and the phone is to order, which requires a wait... Oh, and guess who's phone was it? My Old Man's!! The Cheeky so-and-so. :bigeyes: I guess the apple doesn't fall far from its tree... :hihi:

krm
December 25th, 2003, 04:37
That's great, Clint. I am sure you won't be let down by that phone. Do let me know how it is as well, as I will be getting the N. American variant (the E715) when I get back to the states.

Happy Holidays!

Klint
December 25th, 2003, 17:58
Originally posted by krm
That's great, Clint. I am sure you won't be let down by that phone. Do let me know how it is as well, as I will be getting the N. American variant (the E715) when I get back to the states.

Happy Holidays!

Hey Karman,

It's a great phone, everything I expected and more!

The functions of the camera are useful too, such as Night shots, and multiple shots in a row, it might even replace my CyberShot U for a full time replacement, depending on how good the pictures come out on the computer. (which I've yet to do...read on)

Speaking of which, I've come to the first 'dissapointment'....Bluetooth! That's what this phone is missing! It would make uploading the pictures from the phone > the labtop soo much easier. Same with GPRS, Bluetooth will be needed for daytrading. etc. That's the only serious naggle I can find about it, it's like a disability for the phone on my own personal preferences, those who don't have a thing for bluetotth wont really miss it.

It's weighted really well, as in you can feel the weight there, which is a good thing. If the phone was too light you wouldn't notice if it was missing or not. But it's not heavy enough that'll you need your belt extra tight.

The user interface. It took a little while to get the swing of it, but now I know pretty much my way through the entire phone, like setting up, taking pictures, etc. Seems straight forward once the user becomes accustomed to it. This takes a little time though, but worth while as the phone is a joy to use.

I would post some examples of the picture quality that the phone takes, but I can't hook it up to my computer at the moment. So, I'll work something out, in regards to that.

Any other questions, for feel to drop them by.

Merry Christmas.

:0:

CarbonFibre
December 25th, 2003, 21:12
Man, you guys get all the nice phones in Europe! Are they ridiculously expensive there too?

Klint
December 25th, 2003, 21:35
Originally posted by CarbonFibre
Man, you guys get all the nice phones in Europe! Are they ridiculously expensive there too?

It depends what expensive is to you? :confused:

:0:

CarbonFibre
December 25th, 2003, 21:45
Well a lot of phones are much less expensive if you sign up for a contract but I still find that much of the good phones are like $300-$800. I don't know if that seems like a lot for some people, but I'm not too old so it may seem like more than it really is. I just think that most cell phones are more money than they should be and not a good value.