PDA

View Full Version : DRC Recharge Going Rate - Not a Coilover Thread!

Dmb408
February 14th, 2014, 14:03
I'm just interested in the going rate people have got from their dealer on a recharge recently? I'm not so interested in having it explained how the KWV3's are amazing and a better value beacause I completely agree.

Thanks!

ben916
February 14th, 2014, 18:23
It cost me $550 at the dealership and I had to give them 4-7 days notice as they needed to ship the pressurization tool into the local shop.

Took them one day to do the process:
Depressurize the current system.
Drain fluid from lines and central valves.
Fill fluid and pressurize to 15-20 bar.
Repeat on other side.
Recheck pressure within bar range.

Car had that 4x4 raked look for a while, but strangely it settled down to 3 fingers between tire/fender in the rear.
They refused to adjust the control arms so the car would settle properly = 1 finger gap-ish...

Bigglezworth
February 14th, 2014, 18:59
I'm just interested in the going rate people have got from their dealer on a recharge recently? I'm not so interested in having it explained how the KWV3's are amazing and a better value beacause I completely agree.

Thanks!Work done while I waited. $150.00 labour plus a litre of fluid. All in with tax, just under $200.00. Being as no suspension components were unbolted, there was no requirement to preload the suspension prior to tightening things up.

4everRS
February 14th, 2014, 19:31
A working DRC rides pretty darn good. I still have the stock DRC and like it a lot. However when it fails I'll be getting h&r sport coilovers for 1100 bucks

Thanks!

DHall1
February 14th, 2014, 19:38
Oh my gosh!

F that

H&R $1100 FTW

Tight 1 finger is the only way.

It cost me $550 at the dealership and I had to give them 4-7 days notice as they needed to ship the pressurization tool into the local shop.

Took them one day to do the process:
Depressurize the current system.
Drain fluid from lines and central valves.
Fill fluid and pressurize to 15-20 bar.
Repeat on other side.
Recheck pressure within bar range.

Car had that 4x4 raked look for a while, but strangely it settled down to 3 fingers between tire/fender in the rear.
They refused to adjust the control arms so the car would settle properly = 1 finger gap-ish...

Bigglezworth
February 14th, 2014, 20:22
Oh my gosh!

F that

H&R $1100 FTW

Tight 1 finger is the only way.I still have the OEM DRC on two of the beasts here and the ride height is just like many with coil overs. I contemplated swapping out the OEM springs with H&R lowering springs, but concerned the car will sit too low. Been mentioned a host of times by many on this board - it all comes down to who is doing the work and the methods they undertake when tightening things up after any suspension related work.

DHall1
February 16th, 2014, 01:41
I never could get my stock DRC to ride at this level. Snug 1 finger rear and slightly less in the front.

No argument the stock DRC works as designed but I like to dial in my rake and corner balance.

http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s532/03RSTT/rs6after1_zps9b175c2e.jpg

I still have the OEM DRC on two of the beasts here and the ride height is just like many with coil overs. I contemplated swapping out the OEM springs with H&R lowering springs, but concerned the car will sit too low. Been mentioned a host of times by many on this board - it all comes down to who is doing the work and the methods they undertake when tightening things up after any suspension related work.

Bigglezworth
February 16th, 2014, 03:12
No question on how good that looks. Here is how the one ride sits on DRC. Pretty hard to discard when it's actually performing the way it was designed. Something that has been renowned for doing the exact opposite for many.