PDA

View Full Version : Is a S6+ better than a S6 on the track?

Rincewind
November 19th, 2003, 12:44
The difference in cars is not that big(95-97) between ths S6 and the S6+.
Is there a big difference when driving them on the track?
I know itīs much up to the driver, but if anyone has driven them both on the track, please feel free to give any suggesntions/opinions.

Thx.

s6plus
November 19th, 2003, 18:46
there are some differences in those v8īs. you can give a plus more revs....And thatīs always nice when you drive a lot in high revs on a track. Further the s6plus got bigger/better brakes. but they are not circuit proof. of course some laps are no problem...but if you go for the big thing....// they are better than s6 brakes
I must say, there are almost no cars with brakes that are circuit proof

biggest difference that there is is an driver. does he drive nice lines. does he brake at the right point etc.

The s6plus is the better car. But you can also prepare a normal s6 in a trackbeast. bigger brakes,other settings,semi slick tires..etc

why do you ask this question?? are you going for a track day??

Rincewind
November 20th, 2003, 14:59
The differences i know of, but i have never had the pleasure of driving a S6+, specially on the track.

I love driving the tracks, but haveīnt been able to do it yet with the S6. Therefore i wanted to do some checking before i head out on the tracks.

Although i think the S6 should be able to take a few laps on the track at not too high preassure =)

Another thing, how is it to drive an Avant on the track?

s6plus
November 20th, 2003, 15:35
It's ok to drive an avant on a track(of course it's not a "racy"coupe). Some years ago on the UK touring-car championships they drove volvo station cars!!:bigeyes: perfect show..
The best thing is ,toop keep up with your big car. Many people underrate those stationcars. They don't believe what they see....(at least i notice it every time at the nurburgring)
by the way, do you have the v8 , or the turbo engine??
if you on the track, watch out for understeer. be aware that your car is heavy, so it will eat your front tires.
on the track you should put some extra air in your tires. You should try it out before you will race on the track

succes, and have a nice track day

:race:

Rincewind
November 20th, 2003, 16:12
Itīs the V8 :D

Hmm...understeer?
So far i have only been able to make it oversteer and never understeer. But this is on regular roads(when i am alone ofc).

s6plus
November 20th, 2003, 17:13
keep an eye on your brake pads if you go out with your standard brakes. check them frequently. Let them cool after some laps...drive a little around, to let the heat out. don't put the handbrake on directly. Take your sparewheel out of the back(at least I do)
if it's a bumpy track, with quick corners...take the center caps of your wheels...( I lost some during different trackdays, And I never found them back!!):cry:

bring in a tow rope...because if a rwd car drives off the track, into the mud or whatever....You're the one with a 4wd, so your
car will be the towcar/tracktor;) :hihi: :hihi: :p :D

Rincewind
November 21st, 2003, 08:29
Actually, i was planning to change the pads to somewhat better and change the fluid. I donīt know if itīs really nesecary to change the discs as i think they should be efficent enough for the first couple of times.

Nice tip about the center caps :)

Erik
November 21st, 2003, 09:45
Originally posted by s6plus
bring in a tow rope...because if a rwd car drives off the track, into the mud or whatever....You're the one with a 4wd, so your
car will be the towcar/tracktor;)

You mean like this? :hihi:

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1040&highlight=quattro+power

http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/quattro-power.jpg

s6plus
November 21st, 2003, 11:00
:D :D hahahhahahha, perfect!!:0:

Rincewind
November 21st, 2003, 12:26
Muahahaha!!!!
:D :D :D

s6plus
November 21st, 2003, 13:18
clear prove that I've got some trackday experience. been there, done that...... quattro, the ultimate towcar:D :hihi: