PDA

View Full Version : Texas Independent RS6 mechanic?

Corse998r
February 7th, 2014, 06:39
I'm wondering if there is a HIGHLY recommended independent RS6 mechanic that can handle ANY issues that may come up with a RS6 near Austin, Texas. That includes mods and transmission/ engine issues. I'm thinking about buying a RS6 and I want to chat with him and make sure there is someone local to handle any issues. Possible want him to do a PPI. Thanks

lswing
February 7th, 2014, 08:16
Also interested as I'll be in the Austin area some next year, just in case. You just need someone who can pull and replace the trans without killing your wallet. Ship it to Tozo after that...

SA RS6
February 7th, 2014, 12:42
Not in Austin but here in San Antonio I only take my car to DBC tuning, he has a lot of experience with the RS6, his brother or cousin has owned 3. Always gives me a good price, and never have a problem with the work he does. If I talk to him soon I'll ask if he knows of any good ones up in that area.

Corse998r
February 8th, 2014, 05:41
Well I thought there would be a shop here in town that had RS6 experience. I would feel a lot more comfortable buying a RS6 if there was someone local that could handle any issues I had with the car. After hearing so many stories about issues with the cars I am a little hesitant to pull the trigger. I really want one though.

lswing
February 9th, 2014, 00:12
Well I thought there would be a shop here in town that had RS6 experience. I would feel a lot more comfortable buying a RS6 if there was someone local that could handle any issues I had with the car. After hearing so many stories about issues with the cars I am a little hesitant to pull the trigger. I really want one though.

Good call, find the good mechanic first. Try Audizine also...let me know.