PDA

View Full Version : 1 year of Ownership..........

bobbyrs6
February 7th, 2014, 02:59
Well February 5th marks my 1 year of Ownership of my beast. I bought it with 88,706 miles
on the odometer. It now has 108,526 so I put 19,820 almost 20,000 miles on it this past year.
For the most part, my ownership so far has been problem free. These are the things that I have had
done, excluding oil changes:

(92,488 miles) Valve Cover Gaskets replaced = $428.00

(94,705 miles) Power Steering Flush and Accessory Belt replaced= $150.00

(97,898 miles) Vacuum hoses replaced = $112.50

(98,915 miles) Sway Bar mounts replaced = $76.91

Total spent $767.41 excluding Oil Changes at 90,000, 95,000, 100,000 and 105,000 miles.

All things considered, I'm pretty damn happy for the year, although If my Trans is gonna go, Lawd, please
let it go this year because my Warranty is up this time next year!! Lol

lswing
February 7th, 2014, 03:34
Sweet! Yea I had a great year, but only drove 5k...

bobbyrs6
February 7th, 2014, 04:23
Yeah, but this year could be a "whole different ballgame".....ha ha ha, you never know with these cars!!

RAUDI
February 7th, 2014, 05:52
I am going to exceed 12,000 the first 7 months. :-/

RAUDI
February 7th, 2014, 05:57
Nice job on the $150 for a belt and power steering flush. That seems really fairly priced! Was that at the dealer or an indy shop?

bobbyrs6
February 7th, 2014, 07:43

Ha Ha True Dat!! I love to drive and this thing just makes me want to drive even MORE!
Between my commute to work and a few more road trips this year, I'm sure to beat this past years
mileage easily.

bobbyrs6
February 7th, 2014, 07:50
Nice job on the $150 for a belt and power steering flush. That seems really fairly priced! Was that at the dealer or an indy shop?

It was from my Indy shop. He's damn good and fair with his prices. I got lucky with this guy.
I've been following your Build Project Threads with admiration. I wish I was skilled enough to work on this
car but at least I'm smart enough to know what I don't know which is "a lot"!!
My Ego is ok taking it to someone that knows what they are doing.....ha ha ha ha ha

lswing
February 7th, 2014, 08:12
You sure about that...

Crap, you mean $12k....will be worth it in the long run.

RAUDI
February 7th, 2014, 11:34
It was from my Indy shop. He's damn good and fair with his prices. I got lucky with this guy.
I've been following your Build Project Threads with admiration. I wish I was skilled enough to work on this
car but at least I'm smart enough to know what I don't know which is "a lot"!!
My Ego is ok taking it to someone that knows what they are doing.....ha ha ha ha ha

There's nothing wrong with having someone else do it. This car is pretty complex. I smile w
hen I heart about good Indy shops. I'll be using one for a couple of things coming up soon too (A charge and alignment). They are primarily BMW, but my friend's use them and the reputation is top notch. A lot of Indy shops are cool enough to let you watch the work if you have time too. I'm looking forward to watching and learning the procedures they do.

Get ready for more build pics. I just sent final payment to Steveken and am making my last major parts order today.

About admiration..........lswing is right. I've only put 4 tanks of fuel in my car.

Turbowned
February 7th, 2014, 14:40
I'm having a good first three months *fingers crossed* :)

I realized I no longer drive 20k+ miles per year, more like 15-16k spread across two cars, so that's good news. I planned to keep the RS until just under 100k then sell it, so at 72k currently that gives me more time than I anticipated! I'll probably put more mileage on my BRZ since it averages 27mpg and the RS averages 15... plus there's that new car warranty that I don't get with das Audi.

lswing
February 7th, 2014, 17:30
I'm having a good first three months *fingers crossed* :)

I realized I no longer drive 20k+ miles per year, more like 15-16k spread across two cars, so that's good news. I planned to keep the RS until just under 100k then sell it, so at 72k currently that gives me more time than I anticipated! I'll probably put more mileage on my BRZ since it averages 27mpg and the RS averages 15... plus there's that new car warranty that I don't get with das Audi.

Tsk tsk, where's your loyalty....maybe sell by 200k, no real need to though. What would you replace with?

Turbowned
February 7th, 2014, 17:41
I'd most likely go back to a B8 S4. Maybe a supercharged E90 M3. Maybe a 5-6yr-old Aston Martin or an air-cooled Porsche. Depends on where I'm at in 3 years. I don't typically keep cars longer than 2 years; have fun with it for a while, sell it in (usually) the same or better condition than when I got it, move on to the next one.

Or I might just go crazy and do a full build once it hits 100k - six speed swap, GTX3076R's and all the supporting mods, shoot for 800hp.

bobbyrs6
February 7th, 2014, 23:21
I'm going to drive this car until the "wheels fall off" but I got to thinking the other day, "what would I even replace it with?"
So I came up with a plan:
It's been 1 year already, I need to get at least 4 more years out of it and that will make 5.
I could do a 07 or 08 RS4 for another 4-5, thats 10 years, and by that time, the
2013 RS7 should be right about where I can afford one.......ha ha ha ha

Bigglezworth
February 7th, 2014, 23:28
I'm going to drive this car until the "wheels fall off" but I got to thinking the other day, "what would I even replace it with?"
So I came up with a plan:
It's been 1 year already, I need to get at least 4 more years out of it and that will make 5.
I could do a 07 or 08 RS4 for another 4-5, thats 10 years, and by that time, the
2013 RS7 should be right about where I can afford one.......ha ha ha ha
Moving to an RS4 is moving backwards IMO. In fact your post is the first time I've ever read/heard of anyone with a 6 considering a 4 instead. The RS6 is easily able to extract more power from the engine with just a tune and has more room to drive family and friends around in. It will also always be more attractive than the new RS7. The only thing I plan on swapping any of my rides out with a C5 Avant which I will be able to do in 4 more years.

DHall1
February 8th, 2014, 00:05
Make it 3 yrs. 2002 RS6

Here is the deal. Import 2 of them.... I will buy one. Then drive it down to the US with Canada plates. 1/2 the cars in AZ have Canada plates anyways.

Sound like a plan?

Moving to an RS4 is moving backwards IMO. In fact your post is the first time I've ever read/heard of anyone with a 6 considering a 4 instead. The RS6 is easily able to extract more power from the engine with just a tune and has more room to drive family and friends around in. It will also always be more attractive than the new RS7. The only thing I plan on swapping any of my rides out with a C5 Avant which I will be able to do in 4 more years.

bobbyrs6
February 8th, 2014, 02:42

Good point Biggs. Maybe I'll just buy another RS6 instead of an RS4. I wonder how the market for our cars will even be
in another 4-5 years......will be interesting to see. Huuum......maybe Dhall can sell me one of his in a few years.....LOL

Bigglezworth
February 8th, 2014, 03:09
Make it 3 yrs. 2002 RS6

Here is the deal. Import 2 of them.... I will buy one. Then drive it down to the US with Canada plates. 1/2 the cars in AZ have Canada plates anyways.

Sound like a plan?I fully intend to import both a RH and LH drive pair. Going to start doing some research on ocean shipping, containers, volumes, $$, etc. Also want to get in touch with a good contact in both the UK and Germany who would be interested in assisting with export efforts for some $$. As I type this, I will need to look at options for storage here on this end also, as I'm out of space with the current fleet of cars.

humantic
February 10th, 2014, 00:44
I've put 40,000 miles on my car since it came to live with me back in January 2013. I'll drive it for at least another 4 to 5 years. Although i have been considering finding a job in Germany so I can drive a newer RS6. I see Audi is looking for an Engineer to work on pedestrian impact protection as a Masters Thesis. Since that's related to what I've been doing for the last 20 years it's tempting to apply. Hmmm... decisions decisions, Masters there... PhD here?

Oh well, while waiting to decide I'll continue to enjoy driving this car. With all the snow we are getting I'm thankful to have it!

DHall1
February 10th, 2014, 03:23
The first 6 months of 2013 were full of surprises.

$45000 dollars worth of early vin transmissions and GIAC time bomb.

The last 8 months have been pure bliss. Daily driven RS6 15000 miles....zero problems and she aint stock anymore. Hell it was stock for 2 weeks after I got #3.

2014? All is quiet on the home front. Happy RS6s

Other_Erik
February 10th, 2014, 12:03
Oh lawdy, very nice. Let me go over the first 8 months and see how bad the bug hit me...

Day 1: $925 for CF interior that I didn't get for 6 months, still waiting on my $300 deposit back
Day 2: $375 for vag-com, $71 for LED replacement lights
Day 3: $275 for engine mount, $179 for CV Boot/U-Joint replacement, $189 for a full oil/filter change
Day 4-5: $2800 for K40
Day 7: ~$2200 for RNS-E + Bluetooth + misc shipping back and forth to troubleshoot (still not fixed)
Day 10: $200 in misc. parts (fasteners, bolts, etc...)
Day 11-12: $1600 for 2 standard new + 1 valet key
Day 15: $389 for replacement tail light capsules
::fast forward a bit::
Day 29: everything installed, $350 for a top-down clean and wax and polish and detail
Day 45: $800 for second set of stock wheels (got raeped, a set came up _THE VERY NEXT DAY_ on here with tires for $450)
Day 71: $275 all-in for new brake pads and fluid and $50 for a friend to help me swap 'em on
Day 90: $800 to get second set of wheels refinished and painted
Day 230ish: $729 for winter tires, shipped
Day 235: $443 for tire M&B, suspension adjusted up a notch, and realignment

So far (still not even a year), $12,650 invested on top of purchase price, gas, and insurance.

Totally fucking worth it! :addict::addict::addict:

DHall1
February 10th, 2014, 15:13
2 deductables, set of tires, H&R coilovers, tune, TCU chip, ceramic tint, shoestring alignment and oil changes.

2900 out of pocket for 2 RS6s in 2013.

I guess I will keep em.

Bigglezworth
February 10th, 2014, 16:08
2 deductables, set of tires, H&R coilovers, tune, TCU chip, ceramic tint, shoestring alignment and oil changes.

2900 out of pocket for 2 RS6s in 2013.

I guess I will keep em.Does that include the cost of the warranty too? I've had a pair of RS6's here for 4 years with the one for almost 6 years. The pair has cost $7K in total maintenance including all the tires, brakes, oil, tranny, timing belts, waterpumps, control arms, etc. Easily less $$ in maintenance compared to gas & insurance costs each year.

DHall1
February 11th, 2014, 04:09
Both cars had service contracts at time of purchase. Throw in another 800/yr to insure both of them. Who would have thunk you could drive two 11 year old C5 RS6s on a yearly Kia budget. LOL the RS6 is the most expensive vehicle on the road to maintain. Whatever jackasses

Does that include the cost of the warranty too? I've had a pair of RS6's here for 4 years with the one for almost 6 years. The pair has cost $7K in total maintenance including all the tires, brakes, oil, tranny, timing belts, waterpumps, control arms, etc. Easily less $$ in maintenance compared to gas & insurance costs each year.

nistah
February 16th, 2014, 18:30
$7 Tag transfer Fee
$26 Title Fee
$35 DC Inspection Fee
$50 for Interior & License Plate Surround LED lighting upgrade (Ebay kit)
$138 for Rockville Audi Dealer to perform pre-purchase inspection blessing the vehicle and affirming road worthiness
$150 Registration & Residential Parking Permit Fee
$180 for 3 year unlimited wheel alignment program
$190 Tinted Windows All Around
$225 Title Excise Tax
$233 for Interstate MTP49/H8 replacement battery
$310 for OEM Audit RS6 + Stainless Steel Pedal Set (dead pedal, gas & brake) from OEM plus Germany
$400 Euro RS6 Plus Embroidered Logo Mats with white piping
$510 for O carbon CF interior & $200 for extra set of C5 RS6 Wood trims
$850 for RNS-E from NeoZawa
$2072 for Timing Belt, Water Pump, Pulley's & Rollers, Valve Cover Gasket Set (L&R), Crankshaft Seal, CV Boot, & Oil Change
$4156 for CarChex Transferable 48 Month/48,000 Mile Extended Warranty Service Contract

$9732 invested since October 2013 on top of purchase price, gas, and insurance.

I'm open to accepting offers on this car, PM me for further info...