PDA

View Full Version : Pre-wiring connector locations for XM/SIRIUS sat radio box

nistah
February 5th, 2014, 01:38
I bought an XM/SIRIUS sat radio box from a forum member (Thanks JSRS6!) and when I went to install the XM/SIRIUS box at the same time as my RNS-E the connector was not in the usual place in the trunk, my installer pulled the entire car apart looking for the connector everywhere with no luck.

Did all of these cars come prewired for xm/sirius? My car does not have the factory nav option just an empty bracket in the back driver side of the trunk well. Also is a canadian 2004 model year not sure if this makes any difference. I would like to hook up satellite radio. Any ideas/insight as to what my options are? Thanks in advance

hahnmgh63
February 5th, 2014, 03:49
As far as I know they all came pre-wired. I have heard that the harness can be pushed up and over the left rear wheel well and can be difficult to reach to pull out.

ttboost
February 5th, 2014, 19:28
I had to dig for mine, but it was there when I installed my Sirius.

Bigglezworth
February 5th, 2014, 21:05
Also is a canadian 2004 model year not sure if this makes any difference.The ONLY differences between the US and CDN release cars is specific to the guage package (metric like the rest of the world), and the improved bumpers and side impact restraints that made the car perform better in crash situations than the EU and US.

nistah
February 6th, 2014, 03:04
Thanks guys I looked again today after reading the comments above & still don't see a the darn thing. Any idea's about how dig it out if it's pushed up and over the left rear wheel well?

houstonfox
February 6th, 2014, 18:55
I put one in recently in my car and it wasn't too much of a chore...

I followed this guide and it took about 15 mins - I recommend getting some industrial strength velcro as they say to hold it down. Once is stuck, it is stuck for sure!

http://www.audiworld.com/tech/elec115.shtml