PDA

View Full Version : Disconnected battery acting weird?

Greyyork
February 4th, 2014, 21:39
I disconnected the battery and reconnected it. Everything including the radio should be locked up, but the radio isn't and the steering wheel no longer retracts and extenders on startup/shut off. The radio isn't in safe mode, but it's not reading the radio info signal..RD or RT something... I've looked about and can't find anything on it. Any suggestions?

SteveKen
February 4th, 2014, 22:06
The radio will not be in SAFE mode if it's original to the car. I'm not sure how it's done, and I might be misrepresenting things, but they are essentially VIN matched. I'm assuming if it's unplugged long enough, it would not retain the presets, settings, etc.

Bigglezworth
February 4th, 2014, 23:46
Push he RDS button on the right side to restore your station identifiers. Ensure your button is depressed on the steering column once you have it in the final location and reset your memory button on the door panel. My one car here retracts the steering wheel up and inwards completely when the ignition is turned off, but only extends it our when turned on. Doesn't lower. Have tried everything to no avail.

Greyyork
February 5th, 2014, 21:42
Yeah I know the steps to reset everything but the windows (which I learned) this was something different. A malfunction I guess. I disconnected the battery again and reconnected it and tried reseting everything again it worked fine. Thanks for the advice.