PDA

View Full Version : FS: ACES C5 RS6 re-built torque converter

Jimmy
February 4th, 2014, 18:00
$480 shipped in the CONUS by UPS (it is rather heavy) or $430 picked up in Connecticut.

I bought this as a spare thinking I would need it for my then new to me RS6...that was 5+ years ago. The specs were not changed during the re-build. Since then, more recently, it has been figured out to an almost exact VIN break number that my car, built in late Sept 03', has the 'good' converter from the factory. No tranny codes here.

Obviously, I do not need this collecting dust in the hopes of someday using it. I hope someone can use it now.
So, without yet posting picture of a shiny black lump in a white ACES shipping box...I offer this up to the community. PM to discuss, I'm verified on paypal too.....thanks guys. :addict:

Jimmy
February 12th, 2014, 13:05
I don't mind losing some money on it...$400 picked up in CT ; $440 shipped.

It's grey btw, not black ! I finally opened up the box and took a picture, which is forthcoming.

Other_Erik
February 14th, 2014, 15:49
I don't mind losing some money on it...$400 picked up in CT ; $440 shipped.

It's grey btw, not black ! I finally opened up the box and took a picture, which is forthcoming.

Mark me interested pending discussion about my trans worries. Would def. be shipped, CT is a hike from VA/DC area... I assume "specs not changed during rebuild" means no hardened parts?

Thanks
O_E

Jimmy
February 20th, 2014, 18:06
Just LMK Erik...are you near Reston at all?

Other than a new Viton o ring, nothing was changed from stock I was told. He offered a higher stall but I didn't see then need to change anything as I do not drag or track race this car.

BigD2500HD
February 20th, 2014, 23:25
Might be interested... soon.
*subscribed*

Jimmy
February 21st, 2014, 21:06
It is ready to go out to whomever needs it ....

No waiting, not sure how many ACES have on hand today but I remember that I had to get my own shot TC and send it to them to get re-built if I wanted one quick.

Jimmy
March 4th, 2014, 20:11
Ready to go 15056

Other_Erik
April 7th, 2014, 19:26
Just LMK Erik...are you near Reston at all?

Other than a new Viton o ring, nothing was changed from stock I was told. He offered a higher stall but I didn't see then need to change anything as I do not drag or track race this car.

Very near to Reston, like less than 2 miles. Sorry about the delay in response, tend not to frequent this section. Still interested, but I have to pay the tax man in a couple days. I'll let you know in probably a week via PM whether/when I'll be able to take the dive on this.

Thanks
O_E

Jimmy
April 7th, 2014, 21:23
No problem ...it is still here, waiting patiently for someone in the need.

But therein lies your problem by 'having to pay the tax man' ! It should be 'I have to wait until the tax man pays me' :hahahehe:

Other_Erik
April 9th, 2014, 15:09
No problem ...it is still here, waiting patiently for someone in the need.

But therein lies your problem by 'having to pay the tax man' ! It should be 'I have to wait until the tax man pays me' :hahahehe:

It would've been, except they expect me to repay the first time homebuyer tax credit in full, right now. :(

Other_Erik
April 15th, 2014, 19:37
Paid the tax man, hurting from that. Will probably be about a month before I can commit to full purchase. Would you hold for that long? Wouldn't be so bad, but my roommate hasn't paid rent in a couple months...

Jimmy
April 15th, 2014, 20:51
Sure Erik, I am holding on to it. Not a problem on my end at all. Contact me when you are ready.

MaxRS6
April 23rd, 2014, 04:43
... Wouldn't be so bad, but my roommate hasn't paid rent in a couple months...

Tap into his vein- pull some plasma to cash at bank. Does he have shoes?? They are really over rated. He can go bare- Sell those things on ebay for a quarter a pair? It all adds up...;0

Other_Erik
April 28th, 2014, 20:03
Tap into his vein- pull some plasma to cash at bank. Does he have shoes?? They are really over rated. He can go bare- Sell those things on ebay for a quarter a pair? It all adds up...;0

XD don't I wish. Really good friend of mine, he just hit a terrible patch where he was out of work for 6 months. I'm the kind of guy that'll float their last dollar to help a friend in need, but now the RS is in need :(

O_E

Jimmy
May 13th, 2014, 22:27
Sold ! Thank you