PDA

View Full Version : Intercooler data? CFM flow? Pressure drop figures?

nitrorocket
February 4th, 2014, 01:01
Im thinking of changing out my intercooler cores with something a little bigger and efficient. But I don't like doing things unless I know that they will make a difference. I'm curious if anybody has any information on stock intercoolers.

These companies that so intercoolers don't seem to have any back to back data to use in comparison.

Anybody do any back to back testing with intercooler temp? Is anybody ever had a factory intercooler tested?

JSRS6
February 4th, 2014, 02:08
I can tell you that when I ran rs6's back to back on the dyno the difference between a car with stock inter coolers vs wagners was immediately noticeable. Stock coolers: 3 runs. Wait 5 minutes, soak with alcohol spray and they were still hot going into run 2. Wagners? Didn't even have to spray em, but we did anyway. Room temp to the touch.

nitrorocket
February 4th, 2014, 02:33
That's good seat of the pants info.... I have to yank the bumper off anyway, I think Im just gonna replace the cores with some 9.5x10" cores from Bell OR Griffin. Ill order some tomorrow. :)

lswing
February 4th, 2014, 02:33
Search for the Wagner ICs and look for images, a few good charts are out there...

Biggest pressure drop is from the cracks in the stockers:) Although guessing you meant less pressure since more space to fill....

RAUDI
February 4th, 2014, 03:22
This guy posted a dyno video with recored IAT at 76c stock and 39c with Wagners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJs83S523rE

That's about 168 and 102 Fahrenheit, respectively.

4everRS
February 4th, 2014, 04:08
Another thing to check into is apikol. I believe they use bell cores and just reuse your end tanks. 1200 bucks.

nitrorocket
February 4th, 2014, 04:25
I am using bell intercoolers and my stock end tanks. Dirt cheap. Cost of the end tanks only run $590 shipped. Realistically take me 4 hours to cut off stock tanks and reweld onto the new cores.

Seems the best way to go... I am going to use 10 tall x 9.5 wide. My biggest decision is whether I should run 3" or 3.5" thick cores. Stock is about 3" and I will already be increasing the core length and with a fair amount over factory. 3" will retain less heat and offer better flow in low speed street applications, but I ran 3.5" in my last performance car with 840rwhp and the intake temps were very low, but that's with a huge single mount...

I damaged my right intercooler with a raccoon, so I might as well just swap cores. I will never buy factory parts for more than aftermarket. Lol

4everRS
February 4th, 2014, 04:38
If your altering the overall size of the unit, you may have a tough time getting them to fit correctly. Thicker by .5 inch wouldn't really be a big deal, but if taller, id think you'll have mounting issues.

4everRS
February 4th, 2014, 04:46
I will never buy factory parts for more than aftermarket. Lol

I would agree with most makes of cars with this statement. However, when it comes to German cars I have to disagree. I guess it just depends on what is being replaced. Control arms, t-belt related items, brakes(not pads) everything electronic, and others I would ONLY go OEM. It has been proven over and over its worth the extra price.

Now with suspension, ic's, sway bars, and brake pads/fluid, aftermarket seems much better.

nitrorocket
February 4th, 2014, 04:49
The aftermarket intercoolers are both wider and taller, hence why I would use a the same size core as the aftermarket does. They seem to fit.

If anyone needs a set done, Im about to do mine...

kday
February 4th, 2014, 06:01
I'm interested to see the welding process involved in attaching a new core to the stock end tanks. I figured it was furnace brazed or something similar at the factory...

nitrorocket
February 4th, 2014, 12:32
It's just tig welding, i build my own, I own a little shop. Do lots of aluminum and atainless. :)

JSRS6
February 4th, 2014, 13:53
Hmmmmmmm, veddy interesting....:hihi:

DHall1
February 4th, 2014, 15:03
This is a good find. Those are significant changes on IAT with just the intercoolers. Notice how the meth improved but not as much as the intercoolers. Interesting

This guy posted a dyno video with recored IAT at 76c stock and 39c with Wagners.

yokust
February 4th, 2014, 16:03
Awesome test of alot of B5 S4 cores, which most of them have about the same core size we do, just different end tanks.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/500479-Intercooler-faceoff-Flow-Testing

yokust
February 4th, 2014, 16:06
And Apikol uses the same Bell core's for the rs6 and b5 s4

nubcake
February 4th, 2014, 16:34

That's an RS4 though.

lswing
February 4th, 2014, 17:32
This puts it's about 144F to 108F, not bad. I think the water/meth can come into play more on hot days when the IC's can't cool down, and certainly when not a lot of air movement. The two combined make a great combination of power when warm out...

RAUDI
February 4th, 2014, 17:33
That's an RS4 though.

uhhhh. I can't look at the video at work to verify, but I'm pretty sure that is not true. Someone verify please.

lswing
February 4th, 2014, 17:38
uhhhh. I can't look at the video at work to verify, but I'm pretty sure that is not true. Someone verify please.

Yep, it's in the name of the video too:)

Don't think it makes too much difference though, shows the impact of the upgrade...

RAUDI
February 4th, 2014, 18:28
Nubcake. Nice catch. I don't know how I missed that. I do still agree with lswing though. It is still good data for the wagners.

nitrorocket
February 4th, 2014, 18:46
Personally, I feel wagners are a poor design for a street car, 4" is just to thick, needs alot if airflow, and will retain heat longer than a thinner intercooler.

The 3.5" core seems more optimal and is what i have used in the past to make intercoolers. I have been using Spearco cores though, not Bell.

DHall1
February 4th, 2014, 19:32
The B5 RS4 test is a valid one. The closest to an actual RS6 test.

The old flow vs temps regulation applies here. I don't really want the IC that flows gobs of air. I want good flow but low IAT temps.

The Audizine link that Yokust provided has some excellent test results. Look at the plot graphs of the flow vs IAT temps. That guy did a fantastic job of data capture.

This graph is pure gold.

http://www.myaudis4.com/intercooler-faceoff/

And from these results the clear winner is SillyRabbitMotorsports. FTW....clear winner hands down.

Haha, who says made in America costs too much? SRM intercoolers are also the cheapest.

http://sillyrabbitmotorsport.com/audi-b5-s4-intercoolers

DHall1
February 4th, 2014, 19:57
Quote from website

After 12 long years, an affordable SMIC set that performs. Made by enthusiasts, for enthusiasts. These come with a limited lifetime warranty against leaks or core failure. Please allow up to 15 business days for your order to ship. Once an order is placed for this product, there is a 30% restocking and raw materials fee for any cancellations. Each set is made to order! THIS PRODUCT IS FOR OFF ROAD USE ONLY. Fits both s4 and rs4 models from 2000-2002 and ALL other vehicles using the 2.7T engine with little to no cosmetic modification.
HAND MADE IN THE USA (unlike all other vendors)
INDEPENDANT TESTING OF ALL POPULAR SMIC'S http://www.myaudis4.com/intercooler-faceoff/

DHall1
February 4th, 2014, 19:58
Can someone loan me a set of RS6 intercoolers? I want them to build a set for the RS6. I'm ready to give them my business today. I will order two sets.

Beardown1
February 4th, 2014, 20:21
DHall......I just bought RAUDI's intercoolers.....was going to seal them up as spares. Let me know if you're serious.

nitrorocket
February 4th, 2014, 20:30
What brand cores is that place using? You can buy cxracing chinese cores very cheap, but never seem any testing versus a proven core. Bell and spearco cost $500-600 just for the two bare cores.

SteveKen
February 4th, 2014, 20:33
Note that our stock IC's are somewhat similar to radiators with the end tanks somehow pressed onto the cores. If they were welded, you would see welds. Therefore, the outer dimensions of the end tanks are larger than the outer dimensions of the cores. I'm betting if you were to retain the stock end tanks and weld cores to them, you would gain at least 10mm in width and depth. I'm looking into doing this but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Can someone loan me a set of RS6 intercoolers? I want them to build a set for the RS6. I'm ready to give them my business today. I will order two sets.

Who is "Them"? I'm confused. I'm guessing "Them" takes Bell cores and welds them to stock RS6 end tanks?

Unless Silly Rabbit needs them for mocking up a set of custom ICs. If so, Tell them I'll buy a set too and can send them my leaking ICs. Volume pricing maybe?

I've also read that the SRM downpipes were just rebranded ssac ones? Not sure if they do the same with any other products.

nitrorocket
February 4th, 2014, 20:36
Apikol uses stock and tanks welded to 9.4x10x3.5 cores.

Im gonna do the same to mine..

DHall1
February 4th, 2014, 20:51
Send SRM a set of stock RS6 intercoolers for mockup

SRM makes the end tanks custom. Complete custom fitment.

Data does not lie. The SRM data looks good enough for me. Iam down for a set.

DHall1
February 4th, 2014, 20:54
I am also going to talk with SRM about the downpipes....it looks like they had a redesign.

Yes, them=SRM

Who is "Them"? I'm confused. I'm guessing "Them" takes Bell cores and welds them to stock RS6 end tanks?

Unless Silly Rabbit needs them for mocking up a set of custom ICs. If so, Tell them I'll buy a set too and can send them my leaking ICs. Volume pricing maybe?

I've also read that the SRM downpipes were just rebranded ssac ones? Not sure if they do the same with any other products.

nubcake
February 4th, 2014, 21:03
Personally, I feel wagners are a poor design for a street car, 4" is just to thick, needs alot if airflow, and will retain heat longer than a thinner intercooler.

The 3.5" core seems more optimal and is what i have used in the past to make intercoolers. I have been using Spearco cores though, not Bell.

Exactly, that's why comparison of "stock RS4 vs wagners" may be irrelevant for us - RS4 wagners are 3.5".

MaxRS6
February 4th, 2014, 21:03
Data does not lie. The SRM data looks good enough for me. Iam down for a set.

Keep this old fellow in mind for a GB- I would be interested

lswing
February 4th, 2014, 21:05

Sure, $999 deposit:).....let me know!

DHall1
February 4th, 2014, 21:42
DONE

I just talked to Sean. He has the cores ready to go. These cores on on some of the big hp S4s pushing 700hp and the flow data speaks for itself.

He had the cores custom made just for SRM.

Beardown.....send me your contact info via PM....I need those intercoolers as mockup. EDIT: Lou....you may be closer. Can you pitch in your old ones for mockup? Do they still have the brackets for aux rads? I will pay shipping.

The intercoolers will be custom fit to my personal RS6 so we can make 100% sure they fit correctly. Yes kids, that means I'am taking my car to Sean for the final prototype and fitments.

I would say we are good to go here. Sean is ready and has the cores. Let's get this going.....summer is quickly around the corner.

lswing
February 4th, 2014, 21:48
Sure, guessing around $50 shipping, can sort that later. Don't think they have the brackets on them anymore, will double check, might have them around. Got in and out plastic pieces. You going to redo those also going up in size? Or same faceplate just deeper?

nitrorocket
February 4th, 2014, 21:51
You guys don't need custom end tanks, you only need the cores welded onto the stock end tanks. ours are not like the smaller version of our cars where they have plastic end tanks. There is no need to reinvent the wheel.

DHall1
February 4th, 2014, 22:01
This is correct and the path that Sean has for our kit. He wants to use our end tanks. Its that core he has that makes the end product work so well. Numbers dont lie and he had those cores built to a very specific spec and had 90 sets made.

You guys don't need custom end tanks, you only need the cores welded onto the stock end tanks. ours are not like the smaller version of our cars where they have plastic end tanks. There is no need to reinvent the wheel.

lswing
February 4th, 2014, 22:01

Wouldn't you need wider end tanks at the core to take advantage of the deeper IC depth, and get more flow?

Like this...

nitrorocket
February 4th, 2014, 22:27
I measured my end tanks and they are 3.5" x 9.5". That's why I'm going to use a 3.5" x 9.5" x 10" tall core.

jibberjive
February 7th, 2014, 18:16
This is correct and the path that Sean has for our kit. He wants to use our end tanks. Its that core he has that makes the end product work so well. Numbers dont lie and he had those cores built to a very specific spec and had 90 sets made.
His IC's are an excellent value proposition, and that's where their strength lies. The cores aren't anything special though (though he had them spec'd to a certain size or whatever). And Jeff's (flyboy) tests regarding the flow are done well, but, regarding the chart where both the flow and IAT's were plotted together, the IAT data was far from being a controlled experiment like the flow data. I wouldn't use that chart as the end-all, be-all, especially for the RS6 where both the stock and aftermarket IC core sizes and end tank designs are different than the 2.7t.

But, like I said, Sean's products are generally a good value proposition, so more options were never a bad thing.

Korben007
February 7th, 2014, 18:48
I have talked to Sean about this as well. I will gladly buy a set if the price is right. What is the core size SRM is using? Same as the S4? Would like some down pipes from him as well but he said he would need the car for fitment.

DHall1
February 8th, 2014, 00:13
He is 3hrs from me.

We are using my car for the final mockup and intercoolers test fit.

Iam up for down pipes next.

jibberjive
February 8th, 2014, 09:24
With you car there, it may make sense (for him) to mock up a set that doesn't require stock RS6 end tanks, as I have a feeling there is going to be some forced induction retrofits soon for 4.2 A6's, and those cars that would need intercoolers and obviously won't have the stock intercoolers to pull the end tanks from.

SteveKen
February 28th, 2014, 21:49
Any status on this before I go and start shopping for a TIG welder?

DHall1
February 28th, 2014, 22:59
Hang on

My ICs have been at SRM all week. This is moving forward

Any status on this before I go and start shopping for a TIG welder?

jibberjive
March 1st, 2014, 04:55
Sean of SRM is in the process of making the end tanks as of a last Wed.

SteveKen
March 1st, 2014, 05:28
Thanks for the update folks. I still wouldn't mind getting another welder, though.

P1054
March 2nd, 2014, 22:59
I just so happen to have my stock intercoolers laying around, after having very recently removed them. I'm really interested to see how this experiment turns out, I might look into getting mine redone, or potentially selling them if someone else wants to. Keep us updated on the results!

DHall1
March 7th, 2014, 23:00
Ok, my intercoolers will be done this weekend.

Im driving up next Fri to test...fit....retest.

Dyno 3 runs on stock ICs. Data log and measure heat and IAT.

Install ICs

Dyno 3 runs same as before. Same day same dyno same car.

What the heck....I may snap a picture or two and take the GoPro just for fun.

Any questions?

Avus-RS6
March 8th, 2014, 01:29
I had AMD put new cores between the stock end tanks. Cost was $750 and I believe the cores are the same size as their B5 S4 units which are proven to 600+++ awhp. My RS6 should be a modest 500+ awhp once I have water/meth injection intstalled this month!

MaxRS6
April 9th, 2014, 11:19

Install ICs

Any questions?

Got update?

SteveKen
May 13th, 2014, 16:43

Install ICs

Any questions?

Any news???

SteveKen
June 10th, 2014, 17:21

Install ICs

Any questions?

I'm guessing this hasn't come to fruition?

nubcake
June 10th, 2014, 19:18
Anyone willing to check these out?
http://www.kwe-racing.de/Audi/Audi-S6/RS6/::707.html

Chung
June 21st, 2014, 01:17
I should have check the site first. I just ordered the Apikol intercoolers. I tried to get them done at AMD before I left but they were just too busy.

Hopefully the install isn't too bad.

s8prtotype
February 27th, 2015, 20:51
Bumping this old thread, Because I wanna know if it's better to go Wagner or SRM. SRM's price is awesomeeee

Avus-RS6
February 27th, 2015, 21:11
I just put SRM intercoolers on my S4 Avant. Best value out there. Good build quality. I'd put them on my RS6 too but I already had AMD build me a set which I'm quite happy with.

G2
February 27th, 2015, 23:54
Fitwise, the Apikol take a lot of space up. Can only see the core thickness being increased w/o causing other PITA issues. I like the Apikol since the aux rads can still be used.

Checked IAT, one with stock IC's and one with Apikol IC's. Under normal and repeatable highway driving conditions, there was no performance difference. The Wagner car actually had about 5F more difference between ambient and intake temps. 23-30F is typical temp split between ambient and IAT. Both cars ran the same timing.

Car #1 had this done: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.636443689799339.1073741839.126806604096386&type=3

Car #2 did not at time of testing. Resealed the IC ducting, put my dumbo ear IC exhaust vent flaps on (rev B), and a rubber lip air-dam for the modified undertray cutout. Unfortunately did not have the chance to retest for data values. I know it helped, as #1 reduced IC temps 10-20F (checked with IR temp gun at top of IC outlets). May see #2 again the future, pending on how long the trans holds out.

I think the biggest heat soak issue on these cars is the intake plennum. Get's heat blasted by the radiators. Kills low speed performance due to heat soak, especially in warmer temps. I wonder how the DME processes the high IAT input, or at least the transition point. It can be a drastic power reduction from what I've experienced.

With that said on the dyno or a long stretch of road the big IC's will show their worth. But for a 5-20 second road blast, i do wonder.....

Avus-RS6
February 28th, 2015, 01:54
SRM and AMD both use stock end tanks with new cores, which are thicker and wider than stock with zero fitment issues. I don't think there will be noticeable performance difference between SRM, AMD or Wagner intercoolers given RS6 or RS6 based turbos.

lswing
February 28th, 2015, 02:11
SRM and AMD both use stock end tanks with new cores, which are thicker and wider than stock with zero fitment issues. I don't think there will be noticeable performance difference between SRM, AMD or Wagner intercoolers given RS6 or RS6 based turbos.

I'd agree they should be very close. Another nice thing about new ICs is not having to worry about the stock ones leaking.

Water/Meth to get rid of that heat soak!

lswing
February 28th, 2015, 02:18
I think the biggest heat soak issue on these cars is the intake plennum. Get's heat blasted by the radiators. Kills low speed performance due to heat soak, especially in warmer temps. I wonder how the DME processes the high IAT input, or at least the transition point. It can be a drastic power reduction from what I've experienced.

Intake plenum being Y-pipe from ICs to intake right? IAT sensor is after that comes together at engine intake I think?

Blast each side after the IC with cool water meth and problem solved!

My first summer before WM, major soak and lack of power around town. Big difference next summer:)

G2
February 28th, 2015, 04:16
Intake plenum being Y-pipe from ICs to intake right? IAT sensor is after that comes together at engine intake I think?

Blast each side after the IC with cool water meth and problem solved!

My first summer before WM, major soak and lack of power around town. Big difference next summer:)

Yes, wasn't sure what Audi calls it. Not really a Y-pipe like on the B5 S4's, but same function. Not sure where the IAT is off-hand.... The sensor at the T-body is the boost sensor.

What really counts is IAT as it goes into the engine. Whether that is best accomplished pulling latent heat out of the Y-pipe (for sake of clarity here) with h20/meth or just at the t-body is a good question. I'd be inclined to keep it at the t-body. The intake manifold has lots of heat soak effects on it's own.

I've always wanted to "get scientific" ever since getting serious with my first turbo car 20+yrs ago. Some device that could monitor many temp inputs. Stick on sensors wired like an EKG. That way, in effect a "temperature map" could be laid out. Then attack each area with various heat mitigation methods- heat wrap, ceramic coating, turbo blankets. But big charge coolers look cool and help cool, but cost a cool grand or more.

Not sure if you guys heard but Chance at Devil's Own passed away recently. Got a nice note from his wife who's taking over operations. I have been kicking the can on getting a kit for 2 yrs now (lack of time mainly to install and fiddle with it). Will be supporting them very soon. Want my motor to last, work better, and support those that make the extra effort. RIP.

4everRS
February 28th, 2015, 13:33

Not sure if you guys heard but Chance at Devil's Own passed away recently. Got a nice note from his wife who's taking over operations. I have been kicking the can on getting a kit for 2 yrs now (lack of time mainly to install and fiddle with it). Will be supporting them very soon. Want my motor to last, work better, and support those that make the extra effort. RIP.Man, that's terrible news. He was a great guy. Talked to him several times on the phone years ago when I was getting my system set up. He was a fairly young guy if I remember. I hope his wife doesn't get too overwhelmed with the business. There's already enough going through a person's head when this stuff happens.....

mbagge01
September 29th, 2015, 07:02
I have been thinking about putting in larger intercoolers and was interested in finding out if anyone has put in SRM intercoolers since they have been out for a while now, and are a good price if they work like their S4 intercoolers they made.

Fastguy
September 30th, 2015, 03:43
I have been thinking about putting in larger intercoolers and was interested in finding out if anyone has put in SRM intercoolers since they have been out for a while now, and are a good price if they work like their S4 intercoolers they made.

I have them but yet to drive the car. Still waiting on a single trans mount bracket. Then I can let you know but I can't compare to stock because I never drove the car stock.

I can can tell you that even though they are the stock end pieces the cores are larger and take up extra room. It was a very tight squeeze to get them in and they were very hard to get in the stock hangers. The stock hangers are actually pretty rigid and the height on both was maybe a 1/4" shorter than stock. I had to do some bending and cursing the finally get them in. The main reason I evEn considered upgrading to larger intercoolers was not to lower iat but solve the notoriously leaky stock coolers. Preventative but expensive. To lower intake temps water/meth combined with a slightly more efficient non-leaking ics should yield great results.

mbagge01
September 30th, 2015, 04:38
I have them but yet to drive the car. Still waiting on a single trans mount bracket. Then I can let you know but I can't compare to stock because I never drove the car stock.

I can can tell you that even though they are the stock end pieces the cores are larger and take up extra room. It was a very tight squeeze to get them in and they were very hard to get in the stock hangers. The stock hangers are actually pretty rigid and the height on both was maybe a 1/4" shorter than stock. I had to do some bending and cursing the finally get them in. The main reason I evEn considered upgrading to larger intercoolers was not to lower iat but solve the notoriously leaky stock coolers. Preventative but expensive. To lower intake temps water/meth combined with a slightly more efficient non-leaking ics should yield great results.

Are you able to still re install the aux radiators behind the intercoolers with the SRM system.

Fastguy
September 30th, 2015, 12:53
Are you able to still re install the aux radiators behind the intercoolers with the SRM system.

I am sure there is a way but I don't have mine installed because I removed the entire secondary radiator system. It would be a tight fit for sure. Also I forgot to mention that I got the front bumper cover all set and ready to mount when I realized it wouldn't sit back far enough. I had to remove again and trim the plastic shrouds because the new ic's protrude out just that much more

SteveKen
December 20th, 2015, 17:41

Install ICs

Any questions?

The SRM thread triggers a revival of this dormant thread.

Did this ever happen in March of 2014?

March 2014??? Ykes.....

RS8
February 6th, 2016, 09:56
Does anyone know if it is same size on the core on Wagners S4 as wagner RS6 core ?

http://www.myaudis4.com/wagner-s4-ic-test/

And have you seen any test on the cooling capacity and not only the flow.. ?

hahnmgh63
February 7th, 2016, 03:18
RS6 units are bigger. About 10"x9"x4"
Per Wagner specs:
Wagner RS6: 255x230x105mm
OEM RS6: 250x205x65mm
Wagner S4 220x215x90mm

RS8
February 7th, 2016, 09:37
Ok good, then maybe Wagner's is not so bad, because on the first side in this thread is says "Apikol uses the same Bell core's for the rs6 and b5 s4"
but if Wagner have bigger for RS6 then it should work better than the one in the S4 flow test,
maybe even better than Apikol for RS6?

G2
February 7th, 2016, 19:14
Condensed version of a prior post: Couple of years ago I drove and viewed live data, one with stock IC's and other with ( i think) Wagner IC's to compare IAT temps. Used a 32 mile highway loop with less than 3 miles of side streets.

The stock IC had lower IAT's by some margin on the freeway. Couple of quick accelerations didn't make a difference or cause heat soak. The big IC's seem to help with low speed heat soak (and of course dyno pulls).

The other part of the equation is air flow thru the engine compartment. The stock IC car was better in this regard. I "redid" the air flow of big IC car but did not have time to retest.

Big IC's are desirable but would certainly say there's more too it than just bolting them on, expecting improvements in all conditions.

hahnmgh63
February 7th, 2016, 22:39
G2, I did some data logging with my Wagners about 3 years ago when we were having some real warm weather, I found that in almost every aspect except for stopped and idling that the Wagners were always cooler. At wide open throttle and highway cruising there was a large margin. I will say that I have removed the Aux radiators and I do have the Wagner CF ducts without foglamps which has to help a lot with airflow over the Intercoolers.

G2
February 9th, 2016, 20:02
Good to hear. Thinking that's another data point that reinforces how important engine compartment air flow is. My approach will be H20 Injection first (bought a Devils Own), then bigger IC's if/when needed. Biggest issue in our region and city is low speed heat soak. I do everything possible to avoid town driving and rarely do with the RS6.
Bought a bunch of goodies to aid air flow and should have it installed before the heat hits us again. Hoping to do some track days this year. That may poke a big hole in the re-engineered setup. Step by step.

Each car is different it seems.

RS Sick
October 12th, 2016, 02:17
I finally did the fog light delete and put on the Wagner mesh, i've included a couple of before and after photos. It looks like it opened up about 40% direct flow to the intercoolers. With the fog light bracket almost centered between each intercooler, my question is how have we not concocted an easy way for a sprayer system? This might be a stupid question but is windshield washer fluid corrosive or will it leave residue on the intercoolers fins?

lswing
October 12th, 2016, 03:20
I finally did the fog light delete and put on the Wagner mesh, i've included a couple of before and after photos. It looks like it opened up about 40% direct flow to the intercoolers. With the fog light bracket almost centered between each intercooler, my question is how have we not concocted an easy way for a sprayer system? This might be a stupid question but is windshield washer fluid corrosive or will it leave residue on the intercoolers fins?

Looking good! Still want to do mine someday, need the Wagner grills.

Plenty of spray kits out there, easy. Don't tap into your washer fluid tank. Look up the co2 spray systems. A good water meth kit will get you much more performance though, most just go with that.

Dmb408
January 12th, 2017, 19:38
Resurrecting an old thread here (but better than starting a new one)...what Bell cores did people end up using, size-wise? I want something that is proven and worked/fit easily.

SteveKen
January 13th, 2017, 14:40
Resurrecting an old thread here (but better than starting a new one)...what Bell cores did people end up using, size-wise? I want something that is proven and worked/fit easily.

I used model # A300090100

Amazon sells them.

Dmb408
January 13th, 2017, 16:51
Thank you steve!