PDA

View Full Version : finally, unleashed the beast...

BigD2500HD
February 1st, 2014, 01:58
Pretty excited. Just got my revo tune done. And got it cheap $439! Now just looking to source a mtm tcu chip....

lswing
February 1st, 2014, 02:23
Yea, good but....Revo tends to run LEAN, especially depending on the amount of boost and quality of fuel.

If you have VAG software, cable, laptop, I can send you additional software to add fuel in.

Unfortunately Revo false markets they can change the fueling. All they do is across the board non-rpm specific boost and timing.

Honestly I'd be tempted scrap it now, eat the $439, and get Viper or Eurocharged...took me lots of testing to achieve good results.

Viper can do TCU, also contract MTM in Ontario Canada, only source this continent.

BigD2500HD
February 1st, 2014, 03:40
Thank you so much for the advice. I like it so far... give a little time to decide. Car had APR tune previously. But that went somewhat badly.
Car is 100% stock at this point. Is the lean issue THAT big of an issue? Im interested.in the additional software, however.

DHall1
February 1st, 2014, 03:54
Who had to go and kick the can of lean worms again..

Yes, it is a big deal

Thank you so much for the advice. I like it so far... give a little time to decide. Car had APR tune previously. But that went somewhat badly.
Car is 100% stock at this point. Is the lean issue THAT big of an issue? Im interested.in the additional software, however.

lswing
February 1st, 2014, 04:08

APR is one of the top rated tunes right? I just didn't mention them since it's around $2k? What was the issue...

Car is 100% stock besides tune right?

Besides performance you'll cause wear on many items running lean, about the last thing you want to do.

Each car varies though, but mine really suffered under high boost, was not smooth through the power band, and after logging was having lots of timing/power pulled...

4everRS
February 1st, 2014, 04:43
Chances are that it runs lean, but a data log really needs to be done to know for sure.

Lean is bad. If its running lean you should get a new tune.