PDA

View Full Version : KW Variant 1 on RS6?

Soks
January 26th, 2014, 02:31
Is anyone running KW Variant 1's on a C5 RS6? If so, I'd be interested in your opinions.

lswing
January 26th, 2014, 02:59
Basically no C6's on here, try rs246.com, damned I wish we had them...

Soks
January 26th, 2014, 03:09
Sorry, I meant C5

SA RS6
January 26th, 2014, 04:14
I'm running ST's on mine from which I understand are the same thing. Only downside to them is they are a little soft for the RS6 due to the fact they are ment for an S6, but I'm sure some good sway bars with fix that. Other then that I love them.

Bigglezworth
January 26th, 2014, 05:57
I also have ST's on the one ride here which are made by KW and effectively the same as V1's.

Soks
January 26th, 2014, 06:14
Do you have a similar opinion of them that they're too soft? I wonder if the settings on those are slightly different since they're technically for an S6?

lswing
January 26th, 2014, 08:28
I have Koni Yellows set on soft and they are too firm....

Bigglezworth
January 26th, 2014, 15:44
Do you have a similar opinion of them that they're too soft? I wonder if the settings on those are slightly different since they're technically for an S6?Without question softer than a properly installed set of OEM DRC's. Spongier in the corners and smoother over bumps. I elected to put them on one of the rides here that will be predominently used during wintertime. I personally would not want to have this set-up on a summertime ride though as it's not tight enough for my liking. A set of performance swaps will certainly assist theh cornering aspect, but it won't assist the spongy feel.