PDA

View Full Version : Manual 03 RS6 FS feeler post. Located in Seattle area.

Avus-RS6
January 16th, 2014, 03:14
Owned since 9/2012.

No bank on my end (title in hand)

$25K, firm.

119K miles.

Engine/Tranny:

Rebuilt O1E Trans with TDI 6th gear (3000 rpm at 100mph) Car is easily 200+MPH capable with enough road (and balls)
Custom RS6 K04 Turbos, Blouch Built, New CHRA's with Billet 2283 compressor, clipped turbine wheels, K03/04 wastegates.
Custom AMD downpipes, catless.
Custom AMD Side Mount intercoolers using stock end tanks.
AMD stage 5 Clutchmasters clutch
Aluminum Flywheel
5 bar FPR
Stock SE exhaust
Replaced engine block, new gaskets and water pump/timing belt.

Exterior is 8/10. Minor dents/nicks from use. Pearl black. I'd say a couple of grand in paint work would make it perfect.

Interior is 8/10. Soft touch rupper worn/wearing off HVAC and door handles. New headlight switch. Black leather, dark alcantara headliner all 9+/10. Solar sunroof. Everything works great. I even installed a new black leather center arm rest. Has rear power shade and rear door shades, tinted windows.

New PSS9's
Hotchkis rear bar, S6 front bar (great combo BTW)
New Bridgestone All Season (RE960AS)

Jason at AMD is pretty sure it'll do 500/600 awhp/awtq with meth. I'm so tempted to go for the gusto with meth, it's only another grand. After spending the purchase price again since buying it, I'm pretty burned out on it. It's probably making 450/540 ish right now, (his dyno is not installed so no actual power figures) It is fast. It seemed fast after driving around my Tial 605 car around for a week, it makes 440/475 in its current tune and is 3000lbs. RS6 spools the turbos fast, by about 3000rpm and just pulls HARD to the 7K redline. Hit 150 the other day on a small stretch in Mexico, solid as a rock.

ABS and traction control work great (new master cylinder/S6 ABS module) Took her to the mountain last week, chains required, car did GREAT in the snow.

Needs:

Wheels could be straightened, they shimmy a tad. (came to me that way)
Front disks could be replaced, they are warped. (came to me that way, and why I haven't gone over 150)

Tune development - Goes into limp mode (check sum error) after 400+ miles and needs to be reset when it does. Still drivable when in limp, just less power, much like driving an S6. Tune is dialed *EXCEPT* for this. I think the stock AMD tune works fine but my car has a special tune given its larger turbos, intercoolers, downpipes, 5 bar FPR and custom tune. Development is still in process and we're working to fix this, I have faith that it's close. Not a biggie for me as I live 5 miles from AMD and get a new file when it goes into this limp mode. CEL doesn't come on, it just gets slower.

Needs a good/patient driver. Clutch is GRABBY with the LWFW. You have to take off with 1500rpm give or take or it is nasty, chatter, grab, stall (or any combination thereof). I'm pretty good now after 5K miles but I'll still stall it if not paying full attention. It's a racing clutch like none other I've had. It should hold the power it will make with meth. Steel flywheel will surely help with engagement, would do this when clutch goes out some day. Gear to gear is great, just getting it going in first requires skill and concentration.

Why sell?
Free up money for other things/cars. I put a ridiculous amount of money into it after buying it with the manual already. It was all redone, turbos, clutch, engine, driveshaft, new gas pedal, solid engine and tranny mounts, PSS9 suspension, tires, and much much more. Slippery slope is still there for me given option to add meth, get new wheels, bigger turbos when the clutch wears out, etc... (in true HP junkie fashion)

I don't have photos yet (except one from 9/2013). It's dark now and car is dirty and in the garage. Will clean this weekend and post up photos.

Email or post here with questions or thought. I know the other manual RS6's sold for less (or had fewer mile) but frankly, I think they were under priced and also they did not have a manual tune yet. I'll keep the car versus selling for less than $25K (not even sure I want to sell, but I did write this ad, so...) It's a beast of a car and very well developed by skilled mechanics at AMD. I will keep moving the car's development forward until it does sell (if).

Thanks,

Jason

Avus-RS6
April 19th, 2014, 06:12
Asking price is now $27,000.

Tune is dialed in, no limp mode or CEL. I still haven't installed meth as it's plenty fast without it. I have a 5 gallon custom tank setup with surge tank that I'll let go with full price. Aquamist.

Wheels have been straightened and refinished in bright silver. Brand new OEM center caps.

Front brakes are brand new OEM disks with new EBC yellow pads.

Clutch is getting smoother the more miles it gets. Takes off smooth from 1500+rpm. Lower RPM can be chattery.

Just detailed today, the works!

Not super motivated to sell as it's finally dialed in, but I have another car in mind if this one sells.

Email me if interested.

Avus-RS6
August 23rd, 2014, 04:29
Aquamist methanol system has been in for some time (couple months) and is spraying dual 1mm jets, 100% methanol. Water is for wussies. It's an other level experience on this car. I think I go 130+ every day I drive it (in Mexico,wink wink). It's quite silly how fast it is and it tempts you to prod the gas even if only for two seconds to fly by any given jackass.

I'm finally strapping her to the dyno tomorrow. Price goes up if she actually puts down 500awhp/600awtq on AMD's Mustang. ;-) Best if I sell her, I'm fairly certain I'll be arrested if I drive her for too many more miles. I reserve the right to not sell her... so if you want her you better come strong with cash. I'll let you know when I'm a 'motivated seller'. Right now, I'm not. Gift if using paypal. ;-)

Jason

dxc
August 24th, 2014, 06:05
thats amazing! pretty much the identical setup i am working to build. exact turbo setup. the TDI 6th gear must make fuel economy actually DD-able with the guzzling v8

mik15
August 24th, 2014, 06:41
why does everybody wants to sell the Beast once they've went manual? :) seems like a trend on the forum...

Bdubs
August 25th, 2014, 21:01
I'm not sure I can name many other for sale (maybe) threads where the price keeps going up. Kudos to you if you get more than you are asking today tomorrow...

Avus-RS6
August 25th, 2014, 23:15
Still waiting for dyno results... price will not go up any more regardless of the numbers, I was just being cheeky.

Avus-RS6
August 27th, 2014, 02:52
First few pulls yielded 455awhp 512awtq on AMD's heartbreaker dyno. Very smooth curve, not peaky at all. This tune was "street tuned" via street logging before his dyno was re-installed after moving shops last year. Jason at AMD thinks there's a tad more left in her without having to upgrade injectors, we shall see. It's a warm day so not great for big numbers, but great for developing a good safe tune.

bmwade
August 28th, 2014, 03:26
If it had silver interior and wasn't black I would be all over this car.

Avus-RS6
August 28th, 2014, 03:32
Bump for 507awhp and 612awtq.

Korben007
August 28th, 2014, 03:47
I hope what jason posted up are the final numbers!

Avus-RS6
August 28th, 2014, 04:02
There's more to be had with my setup (per Jason at AMD), probably more peak and definitely more area under the curve. This will be done another day.

Turbowned
September 12th, 2014, 23:29
I've got half a mind to put mine up for sale and buy yours; you've basically done 80% of all the things I'd want to do to mine, and it would save me so much time! You should probably just keep it and make it even faster, though ;)

Avus-RS6
September 13th, 2014, 06:30
All done tuning. 515/635 awhp/tq and much more area under the curve. It's fast. Really fast. Need to go for a 200 mph run at some point, one of my bucket list items. I finally have a car capable of doing 200 that I would be comfortable doing so in.

Avus-RS6
December 30th, 2014, 00:08
Bump for asking price of $25,000. 124,300 miles. Still pulls like a freight train with over 500awhp and over 600awtq. 15781157821578315784157851578615787

Korben007
December 30th, 2014, 03:13
I just need some parts from your car please!

kruat
December 30th, 2014, 04:17
Man wish I was in the market again. Glws.

Avus-RS6
October 28th, 2015, 23:00
I should start another for sale ad but I am not "needing" to sell so this will do for now. Right now, I'll still let her go for $25K.

bmwade
October 29th, 2015, 02:13
I want this bad. I miss my RS6 a lot and this would be a perfect replacement. Unfortunately i don't have any room as I'm tied down with 2 911 projects at the moment...

Avus-RS6
December 5th, 2015, 02:10
bmwade... what 911 projects? Would consider a trade for the right car.