PDA

View Full Version : Car Finally Delivered!

Mikefo
January 15th, 2014, 04:28
Never ship a car over the holiday's. Not sure any truckers work between Xmas and new years and then it snowed but my RS6 arrived and I have to admit I am impressed so far. Basically like new. It had clear 3M film along the front that had served its use and it was time to remove. But a quick trip to the detailers and some wheel work has it looking like new. Still need to get the wheels touched up but then she will be near perfect. 24.5k miles on the clock. The dealer offered me an 3/36 extended warranty that I am going to buy for $3,400. Plan to do a couple of things as far as maintenance goes but I plan to drive to piss out of it. Sold my BMW 3 series daily driver today so I will be putting 5-10k miles on per year. Previous owner just put in a k40 radar a few months ago that I hope to test. They claim they will pay any tickets for the first year so maybe I will give it a good breaking run somewhere. Here are a few picks:

Bigglezworth
January 15th, 2014, 04:33
Sweet. Who did you use for the auto transport?

DHall1
January 15th, 2014, 04:40
Its a time capsule. Finally

Congrats and let the fun begin. Where was this thing listed?

Oh....the pinstripes. I hope its tape.

Mikefo
January 15th, 2014, 04:49
I used Lloyd at show car services out of Detroit. A lot of attention to detail on the delivery of the cars. Took the driver hours to offload the cars to get to mine. Not a scratch on either cars I had shipped. They only use box trucks, no open air shipments. Just took forever to get the car due to weather and holidays.

JSRS6
January 15th, 2014, 06:23
Nice looking beast. Gotta ask though, what's up with the red pinstriping?

lswing
January 15th, 2014, 06:40
Red stripe and floor mats are a bit weak.....nice ride otherwise....

Das auto shippers, just sent coast to coast for 1300, perfect...

G2
January 15th, 2014, 06:51
Looks amazing for a 10+yr old car. Which black? Not Ebony Pearl.....is it?

Needs lowered!

Mikefo
January 15th, 2014, 14:16
The pinstripe is actually Orange. Not sure what to do with it. Maybe it will grow on me.

Mikefo
January 15th, 2014, 14:19
Floor mats are Original Coco Mats http://www.cocomats.com/ and they are extra nice in the car. If you never owned them then you don't know what you are missing. I buy them for all my cars. They hide dirt and look great (at least in my opinion). Agree on the Orange pinstripe. Maybe buff it out this week.

Bigglezworth
January 15th, 2014, 14:28
The pinstripe is actually Orange. Not sure what to do with it. Maybe it will grow on me.Say it isn't so...

DHall1
January 15th, 2014, 15:22
Pinstripes are painted? I doubt they painted them

Pick at them with your fingernail to find the edge.

If painted, find expert help...dont just hit em with a buffer

Floor mats are Original Coco Mats http://www.cocomats.com/ and they are extra nice in the car. If you never owned them then you don't know what you are missing. I buy them for all my cars. They hide dirt and look great (at least in my opinion). Agree on the Orange pinstripe. Maybe buff it out this week.

ben916
January 15th, 2014, 18:05

At first glance, I thought those mats were carpeted OEMs that were flipped upside down by the transport driver.
I am clearly not a fan as I am entitled to my opinion; a set of All Weather Mats that snap in and call it a day.

If the intension is to "hide dirt", you clearly haven't seen Mr. Mop-N-Glo inner fender well man...

DHall1
January 15th, 2014, 18:13
Hey, hey, hey

I think I resemble that comment. I don't know anything about no MopnGlow.

http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s532/03RSTT/rearunder1_zpsce16b353.jpg

At first glance, I thought those mats were carpeted OEMs that were flipped upside down by the transport driver.
I am clearly not a fan as I am entitled to my opinion; a set of All Weather Mats that snap in and call it a day.

If the intension is to "hide dirt", you clearly haven't seen Mr. Mop-N-Glo inner fender well man...

Bigglezworth
January 15th, 2014, 18:29
http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s532/03RSTT/rearunder1_zpsce16b353.jpgClearly no rain or snow in the part of the world where this car resides.... OMG.

DHall1
January 15th, 2014, 19:14
Its the Mop n Glow....

My cars are real easy to work on.

MaxRS6
January 15th, 2014, 20:50
^ I am so ashamed of my dirt bag compared to M&G every time I see Dhall's spotless animal...Jeez- I'll never live up..Oh well- I'm ripping it around Texas World Speedway in 10 days- and then CoTA in March! Dirt & all..;0

Pics of Crazy last Spring during some light maintenance..
http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz195/MaxRS6/201303%20Engine%20Pull/PIC_1567_zpsaea1cfd7.jpg
http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz195/MaxRS6/201303%20Engine%20Pull/PIC_1636_zpsc1dcd924.jpg

BTW- Back to thread topic...Nice new ride!- Welcome aboard the...

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz195/MaxRS6/Ozzy%20at%20Emerald/CrazyTrainPoster1.jpg?

Dmb408
January 15th, 2014, 22:39
I had one shipped over the holidays too once, it was painful!

Bigglezworth
January 15th, 2014, 23:20
http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz195/MaxRS6/201303%20Engine%20Pull/PIC_1636_zpsc1dcd924.jpgThis is CLEAN compared to either of my rides here.

MaxRS6
January 16th, 2014, 02:32
^The Arkansas climate doesn't hurt with regards to the underside. Rarely a snow day here to draw snow circles. However; not too bad for an 10 yr old 183K mile fellow that gets beat on a bit...;9

kismetcapitan
January 16th, 2014, 11:59
in the 1980s I pinstriped (with cheap tape) my Turbo Quattro. But I was a teenager so I claim the ignorance of youth :P

mtmscs4
January 17th, 2014, 00:52
Mikefo, was the car you purchased from the Detroit owner previously owned by a US diplomat and returned at Audi in Germany? Looks great.

LIRS6
January 17th, 2014, 03:46
The pin stripe doesn't bother me - after 10 years of looking at my car, I often wonder what subtle change I could make to it to give it a fresh look < I duck as multiple wrenches are thrown at me >

DHall1
January 17th, 2014, 04:25
Do you have ride height specs and coilover measurements that you could share?

I will be installing H&R coilovers on #3 next week.

The pin stripe doesn't bother me - after 10 years of looking at my car, I often wonder what subtle change I could make to it to give it a fresh look < I duck as multiple wrenches are thrown at me >

Mikefo
January 17th, 2014, 04:59
No, the car spent all it's life with one owner in Morristown, NJ. His records show he purchased it new and had all service done at the local dealer. He was a CEO of a Fortune 500 company now retired. They insulted him on the trade in value when he purchased a new RS6. That's were I stepped in. Really spared no expense on the car. The car is growing on me. Much more mellow around town then my old e39 m5. Really like the low base from the exhaust. Still have not had a chance to give it a really good run yet as it's been a crazy work week but the weekend is near.

lswing
January 17th, 2014, 15:28
New RS6? Agree on the exhaust, the stock SE with black tips has a great rumble. Enjoy the ride!

JSRS6
January 17th, 2014, 16:02
I was was thinking the same thing, Lou. Do ex-CEO's of Fortune 500 companies have the ability to get the car?!? :hihi:

New RS6? Agree on the exhaust, the stock SE with black tips has a great rumble. Enjoy the ride!

ben916
January 17th, 2014, 18:40
I was was thinking the same thing, Lou. Do ex-CEO's of Fortune 500 companies have the ability to get the car?!? :hihi:

Unless that Fortune 500 company is AoA... but then again he wouldn't be trading in the car and be insulted.
He would just "ship" an exempt C6/C7 RS6 over for "demonstration" purposes...

humantic
January 18th, 2014, 14:08
Mikefo, was the car you purchased from the Detroit owner previously owned by a US diplomat and returned at Audi in Germany? Looks great.

I'm the "new" owner of Bobski's RS6. Like Mikefo I too had to wait over the holidays for the car to be delivered. Mine arrived by ship into Baltimore on Christmas Eve 2012, it was delivered to my house on Jan 12th 2013. I drive it 100 miles every weekday to work and on many long trips. So far this last year I added 40,000 miles to the clock.

Congratulations Mikefo your gonna love your car it's a thrill to drive!

Turbowned
January 18th, 2014, 15:13
Congrats, she looks great! Apart from the aforementioned pinstripe, of course. ;)

lswing
January 18th, 2014, 16:56
I'm the "new" owner of Bobski's RS6. Like Mikefo I too had to wait over the holidays for the car to be delivered. Mine arrived by ship into Baltimore on Christmas Eve 2012, it was delivered to my house on Jan 12th 2013. I drive it 100 miles every weekday to work and on many long trips. So far this last year I added 40,000 miles to the clock.

Congratulations Mikefo your gonna love your car it's a thrill to drive!

Dang, impressive mileage. I drove 4k, short commute, no road trips. Any mechanical issues? I drove mine 6 days a week and was a great year of driving, except one little repair coming up...

humantic
January 19th, 2014, 23:26
Dang, impressive mileage. I drove 4k, short commute, no road trips. Any mechanical issues? I drove mine 6 days a week and was a great year of driving, except one little repair coming up...

No issues whatsoever (knocking on wood). We did the tbelt about 20k ago, and of course regular oil changes. We plan on changing the trans fluid, flushing the brake lines and refreshing the power steering fluid this spring. Despite all that driving I look forward to every opportunity to drive this car.