PDA

View Full Version : 2003 RS6 Build Sheet with Dyno Results

Del Stator
January 12th, 2014, 04:58
So my car finally makes it to the dyno after a year long build process.

The Cliff Notes: 417whp and 571wtq

Here are the specs:

- 2003 Avus Silver/Ebony/Carbon Inter. 59k miles

- Build Shop: Griffin Motorwerke Berkeley California http://www.g-werke.com/

- European Performance Lab new upgraded RS6 Turbos; Custom compressor wheel and housing, Tweeked exhaust wheel, Friction work done to the shaft, modified wastegates http://www.eplabs.net/

- European Performance Lab modified fuel injectors

- Tuned by Tony of EPL remotely

- Dyno runs done in Santa Rosa, California at Fine Line Imports. Miles of Fine Line was the dyno master and loaded files, did runs and sent logs back to Tony. Subaru tuning is Fine Line's specialty. http://www.finelineimports.net/

- Wagner Upgraded Intercoolers

- Okada Plasma Direct Coil On Plug http://www.okadaprojects.com/usa/products_direct.htm

- Fluid Motor Union Intake……..and no, I don't have before and after dyno figures. http://www.fluidmotorunion.com/performance

- Full Milltek Exhaust non resonated

- STE PPD information display http://www.getste.com/

- 517 Built Transmission and TC http://517trans.com/

- MTM TCU

- Aquamist 100% Methanol Injection

- Aces IV gas treatment and Aces IV-A Methanol treatment This was mainly done to help over come in any possible way the garbage gasoline we have in California. 91 octane crap.

- Apikol Engine, Transmission and Differential mounts. Both blue and red…don't remember what is where.

- Sterns Upper and Lower Control Arms

- Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers

- Loba built AP Racing 390mm brake rotors

- Loba modified C6 RS6 (Euro) brake calipers. These calipers were on some Lambos.. I think they started using Brembo calipers later. Then they discontinued the kit and only sell C5 RS6 rotors.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.496887700352372.105525.156342304406915&type=1

- Phaeton brake duct mod

- Sportec Lower Air Vent Modification http://motorsports.chrismore.com/2010/12/sportec-lower-air-vent-modification.html

- Hotchkis Sway Bars

- Hartmann HRS4-252-GS 20"x9" I wanted to get Forgelines for the car but just don't want to spend the money now…..maybe never.

- Vredestein Vorti 265/30/20 tires I got a killer deal so I thought I would try them. Some really love these tires.

- Passport 9500ci Radar Detection System

- Pioneer/JL Audio audio system We also used Dynomat inside the trunk and rear quarters.

- Stephencl Carbon Fibre Air Splitter

- I am sure I am forgetting something…

Let me say that I have not driven this car. Because of work related travel I won't be able to pick it up until the end of January. I was told it hauls ass!!

Here is the quote in the email I got from Fine Line after the dyno runs…..I was not able to attend,

"The RS6 is done. There is some partial throttle mapping I notified Tony about (with logs) but all wide open throttle is done, cold start, hot start, cruising, idle, etc. The results were great. It took lots of time but I believe well worth it. The cold start is as good as it is going to get with tuning remotely. I believe it is fine for a car with larger injectors.

Peak torque to the wheels was 571 at 2600 RPM, 417 whp at 4750 rpm with 18.5 psi tapering to 9 psi. I know you wanted 16 psi tapering to 14.5 psi but this engine / turbo combination does not warrant that. "

hahnmgh63
January 12th, 2014, 05:37
If I remember correctly the Mustang tends to read lower than most depending on how their setup (they are adjustable though). If that is right then those are pretty good numbers.

marklar182
January 12th, 2014, 17:45
"The RS6 is done. There is some partial throttle mapping I notified Tony about (with logs) but all wide open throttle is done, cold start, hot start, cruising, idle, etc. The results were great. It took lots of time but I believe well worth it. The cold start is as good as it is going to get with tuning remotely. I believe it is fine for a car with larger injectors.

Nice mods!

The 2 points above would not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling.

If the injectors are good and flow the same across the board (not crappy re-drills), the cold start should be able to be tuned correctly as well as partial throttle. If the injectors are crap, you will chase your tail on the tuning.

lswing
January 12th, 2014, 18:16
Nice setup, odd numbers. On the same type of Dyno I put down 420/450. Your HP numbers are low and TQ is off the charts high. That tune will shred your trans with all that TQ I would worry. Are they logging in 2nd gear or something? Maybe the Dyno is off calibration? I've never seen such a difference in numbers. Will be a mean machine for sure though!!!

Del Stator
January 12th, 2014, 18:18
Nice mods!

The 2 points above would not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling.

If the injectors are good and flow the same across the board (not crappy re-drills), the cold start should be able to be tuned correctly as well as partial throttle. If the injectors are crap, you will chase your tail on the tuning.

I don't know exactly what qualifies as a re-drill. Tony uses parts from similiar injectors to make a new one out of my original stock injectors. They are then balanced and flowed.

There is more tuning to go. I will know more later this month.

lswing
January 12th, 2014, 18:20
That has to be a second gear log with the torque so high. Third is correct gear to log in, 1:1 ratio. Third will not generate that much torque so low I think...and give you accurate readings.

Del Stator
January 12th, 2014, 18:25
Nice setup, odd numbers. On the same type of Dyno I put down 420/450. Your HP numbers are low and TQ is off the charts high. That tune will shred your trans with all that TQ I would worry. Are they logging in 2nd gear or something? Maybe the Dyno is off calibration? I've never seen such a difference in numbers. Will be a mean machine for sure though!!!

Yes, I have never seen such a wide difference either.

The dyno is a well maintained unit. But I will asked about it's calibration. I couldn't imagine these guys, as thorough as they are, running an out of calibration dyno. I have not spoken to Tony since they finished Friday. Just an email from Miles who was running the dyno. I will get to talk to Miles and Tony tomorrow.

If the transmission shreads, then in goes a manual... I'm not going to worry about anything.

If this project had actually had a plan I would have put in a 6 speed.

Del Stator
January 12th, 2014, 18:28
That has to be a second gear log with the torque so high. Third is correct gear to log in, 1:1 ratio. Third will not generate that much torque so low I think...and give you accurate readings.

That is what I was thinking when I first saw the numbers. I am not a tuner and I know to run in third gear.

DHall1
January 12th, 2014, 18:35
You have to get this car on the road. I got a feeling you're going to be veddy happy.

Congrats to you for sure.

lswing
January 12th, 2014, 18:54
Yes, I have never seen such a wide difference either.

The dyno is a well maintained unit. But I will asked about it's calibration. I couldn't imagine these guys, as thorough as they are, running an out of calibration dyno. I have not spoken to Tony since they finished Friday. Just an email from Miles who was running the dyno. I will get to talk to Miles and Tony tomorrow.

If the transmission shreads, then in goes a manual... I'm not going to worry about anything.

If this project had actually had a plan I would have put in a 6 speed.

Sounds like a plan. I've only heard good things from EPL. Will be a beast!

Del Stator
January 13th, 2014, 17:05
I emailed with Tony this morning regarding dyno tuning.

I am Blue.

Tony is Red.

I got the dyno sheets from Miles. Amazing amount of torque!! I have never seen such a wide margin between HP and TQ. What is up with that?
I agree, awesome torque was great! Notice the boost curve, boost tapers a fair amount in the upper rpm (for various reasons) resulting in the spread between HP and FT.

Someone ask me if they ran the car in second gear.. I assumed not but didn't actually know.
Nope, this was 3rd gear and I believe we tested some in 4th. 2nd would net even higher torque numbers.

This is a quote from Miles in an email to Terry after the runs: "The cold start is as good as it is going to get with tuning remotely. I believe it is fine for a car with larger injectors."
Let Terry review and we'll get his opinion on the matter. Its hard for me to gauge things like this from across the country.

I was asked if the injectors were re-drilled.... I didn't know the answer so I was wanting to know the process you used in rebuilding the injectors.
They are dismantled, cleaned, new larger components are installed and where necessary they are "drilled" to balance. This is not the "drilling" of years past, it's done with very up to date tooling.

I am very happy with the results. I am not sure if the boost drop is a function of the tune or a symptom of dysfunction in my car. I imagine both. I will look more into this.

There is still a little bit more work besides the tune. We have a couple of Aquamist gremlins to work out and she will be in the driveway soon!! This thing must pull like a freight train. Do I really need my F-350? :rs6kiss:

Bigglezworth
January 13th, 2014, 18:57
True test of everything will be physical performance results. Give the beast a few haunts down the strip and post your times.

Del Stator
January 13th, 2014, 19:22
True test of everything will be physical performance results. Give the beast a few haunts down the strip and post your times.

With pleasure... I can't wait for a 0-100mph run and 0-100-0 run.

Avus-RS6
January 13th, 2014, 19:35
I like the intake setup. Do they have a template and sell this or is it 100% custom? I've been told that our air filter area is a tad small for the amount of power these cars make, especially when tuned. Gains should be had by improving intake flow.

Thanks,

Del Stator
January 13th, 2014, 21:10
I like the intake setup. Do they have a template and sell this or is it 100% custom? I've been told that our air filter area is a tad small for the amount of power these cars make, especially when tuned. Gains should be had by improving intake flow.

Thanks,

Fluid Motor Union sells the complete kit fully built.....just install. It is a tight fit. We had to modify the kit slightly so that the hood would shut.

I bought mine used on this forum for $1k. I see then now and then for sale used. I wish I could have done a before and after dyno but that was just not going to happen.

MaxRS6
January 14th, 2014, 00:16
^Congrats on getting it put together like you want it- Enjoy the miles!

Bigglezworth
January 14th, 2014, 00:39
Fluid Motor Union sells the complete kit fully built.....just install. It is a tight fit. We had to modify the kit slightly so that the hood would shut.

I bought mine used on this forum for $1k. I see then now and then for sale used. I wish I could have done a before and after dyno but that was just not going to happen.Is the FMU set-up similar to this?

http://www.apikol.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/r/s/rs6_intake_zoom_23.jpg

JSRS6
January 14th, 2014, 01:11
Is the FMU set-up similar to this?

http://www.apikol.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/r/s/rs6_intake_zoom_23.jpg

kinda sorta not really:

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/26189-FOR-SALE-Fluid-Motor-Union-Intake-(FMU-Intake)

Del Stator
January 14th, 2014, 01:13
Is the FMU set-up similar to this?

This is not my car. It from a car on Fluid Motor Union's website. I don't have the oil catch can. I might get one but not right now. But the same set up. I think it's sexier than the Apikol's intake. The filters are inclosed in the carbon fibre housings left and right.

Del Stator
January 14th, 2014, 04:02
I spoke to 517 Transmissions today. I asked about 571ftlbs. He said that the transmission is built to hold 650ftlbs.

(If) the transmission holds that much...what are the next parts to break....axle shafts?

I am curious because I am ready to do some 1/4 mile runs soon.

JSRS6
January 14th, 2014, 05:10
571lb/ft at the wheels, which is roughly 685 at the trans. Be careful.

Del Stator
January 14th, 2014, 05:44
571lb/ft at the wheels, which is roughly 685 at the trans. Be careful.

Oh, shite!! I didn't even think of that when speaking to 517 Transmissions today.. Well these kinds of issue I dig!

So how much is the full price 6 speed swap? :hahahehe:

lswing
January 14th, 2014, 06:58
Oh, shite!! I didn't even think of that when speaking to 517 Transmissions today.. Well these kinds of issue I dig!

So how much is the full price 6 speed swap? :hahahehe:

$10k for the swap.....just because it "handles 650" doesn't mean it will hold hundreds of hard shifts over a year. The auto trans can only be built up so much, clutch packs are very small. Will be fun while it lasts! Haven't taken apart my current trans, but it broke after 6 months with the strongest clutch packs you can get, but it could just be a seal or o-ring for all I know...I did put the hammer down a good amount!

lswing
January 15th, 2014, 01:40
Ok, not to keep harping on this, but....your tune needs more HP and less TQ.

Torque will always run out by 4,500-5,000 and HP pulls you after that. I'll dig up my Dyno sheets, and it felt like perfection to have the HP keep rising late in the power band.

Seems these guys are tuning for the "off the line power" that feels impressive but lacks top end...all too common.

1-back off boost

2-put it later in the power band

3-add more timing (ask them to log timing at 4,500k in 3rd, there's your power!) You better have 12-15 degrees.

Each to their own, but this tune will shred the 517 trans, and force you into a heavier 6 speed manual clutch that won't be easy to drive, again I'm an auto box guy so some preference in making that work.

Bigglezworth
January 15th, 2014, 01:50
Because dyno numbers between different machines vary widely, you can't rely on just numbers here. Physics will speak and a run on the track will tell you what you ultimately have ended up with. The Dyno should be used only as a guide for tuning purposes to establish a base point and end point to work towards.

Also, not to piss on the parade, but I personally don't believe you will recognize the full potential of aftermarket turbos & injectors that you have put all this $$ in without improving the archiles heel which is the headers. The headers have numerous constrictions that will continue to rob you of power potential. Can't get the spent gases out, you can't push any more in....

Looking forward to seeing how all your work turns out when put in to action.

Del Stator
January 15th, 2014, 02:41
I asked Tony yesterday for a little bit more clarification on the tune and the wide difference in HP and TQ. Here is his response:

"Chris,

Its just "what the car wanted". Its a combination of intake air temp control, limit of boost vs timing to ensure zero knock.. ect. Fairly standard practice honestly. You MAY have been able to run a little more boost if you want 50/50 water and meth, but then we would have had to run less timing. You may have been able to run more boost if we were on 93 octane....but then you would always have to run 93.

Basically the tune is very optimized for the conditions we are in. I cant wait for you to drive it!

-Tony"

It all is an ongoing project. Plus just because I have monster torque doesn't mean I will abuse. I'm fifty years old now....not 23.

I actually spoke to Scott of Advanced Automotion today just for feelers. I am sick of car projects though. I am ready to drive.

DHall1
January 15th, 2014, 02:56
I posted this before.

You will be veddy happy with how this drives. Dont dwell on the numbers so much as how it drives.

Everything Tony says is correct.....that crap gas is the worst. Run the Aces and max it for your conditions. Not the guy in abcdefg running abcdefg gas with who knows what else.

Drive it and report.

I asked Tony yesterday for a little bit more clarification on the tune and the wide difference in HP and TQ. Here is his response:

"Chris,

Its just "what the car wanted". Its a combination of intake air temp control, limit of boost vs timing to ensure zero knock.. ect. Fairly standard practice honestly. You MAY have been able to run a little more boost if you want 50/50 water and meth, but then we would have had to run less timing. You may have been able to run more boost if we were on 93 octane....but then you would always have to run 93.

Basically the tune is very optimized for the conditions we are in. I cant wait for you to drive it!

-Tony"

It all is an ongoing project. Plus just because I have monster torque doesn't mean I will abuse. I'm fifty years old now....not 23.

I actually spoke to Scott of Advanced Automotion today just for feelers. I am sick of car projects though. I am ready to drive.

Bigglezworth
January 15th, 2014, 03:28
Dont dwell on the numbers so much as how it drives. Drive it and report.Words well spoken. To give you a baseline, I had one of my beasts here dyno'd and it spat out a 365lbs wtq. Obviously a far cry from what your tuner is citing at 570+wtq.... That number known, this car layed down an 11.7 quarter mile. Knowing the laws of physics, you can quickly realize that the numbers don't reflect real world performance which goes hand in parcel with number deltas between different machines. I'm eager to see just what kind of performance you are getting as I'm sure others with agressive tunes & mods are.

Del Stator
January 15th, 2014, 04:11
Thanks guys, I will report back as soon as I get seat time!!

RS8
January 15th, 2014, 22:00
Hi,
If you change your exhaust manifold, you'll get a lot more horsepower!

I have measured exhaust back pressure in my stock manifold with stock RS6 turbos, here you have first with low boost and then with high boost, look at that high backpressure !?

<tbody>
RPM
Turbo Boost
Backpressure

bar
bar

0,60 = 8,7psi
1,05 = 15,2psi

High boost

1,28 = 18psi
2,19 = 32psi

</tbody>

MaxRS6
January 15th, 2014, 22:14
I would love to replace my exhaust manifolds with something else mo better- That air insulator design is a time bomb for turbo lunch- ;(

The below isn't mine but the oldies on here know I had a similar failure

http://youtu.be/suF0ELCYlBw

lswing
January 15th, 2014, 23:55
Group order custom exhaust manifolds? Who's got this?

Luckily my stockers looked fine at 90k...swapped for some with 30k just to be sure...

Del Stator
January 16th, 2014, 00:05

Luckily my stockers looked fine at 90k...swapped for some with 30k just to be sure...

GB on exhaust manifold....I'm in. I saw someone on here had one for sale a while back. I think it was made in Europe.

Anyone know who makes one of high quality and known performance gains?

Avus-RS6
January 16th, 2014, 00:56
As with B5 and 2.7, there's plenty of power to be had with the stock exhaust manifolds. IMO, any gain to be had won't be worth the hassle.

MaxRS6
January 16th, 2014, 02:14
GB on exhaust manifold....I'm in. I saw someone on here had one for sale a while back. I think it was made in Europe.

Anyone know who makes one of high quality and known performance gains?

I inquired with MTM a few months ago and received the below reply:

"We did have a run of manifolds made for the C5 RS6 but unfortunately we have sold out and the supplier is no longer in business so we are unable to get any more sets fabricated."

I would be interested in a GB. I have a set of manifolds sitting on da shelf (of course the innards are lil worn). I would be happy to donate them to the cause if they would help in design/build.

As with B5 and 2.7, there's plenty of power to be had with the stock exhaust manifolds. IMO, any gain to be had won't be worth the hassle.

I'm mainly interested in the manifolds not coming apart and destroying turbos. Any power gain would be secondary.

Del Stator
January 16th, 2014, 03:08
Here is what I found a while back.

http://www.mrctuning.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=45:audi-c5rs6&Itemid=59#drivetrain

These look nice...for what that's worth.

Not worth $2700.00+

MaxRS6
January 16th, 2014, 03:49
Here is what I found a while back.

http://www.mrctuning.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=45:audi-c5rs6&Itemid=59#drivetrain

These look nice...for what that's worth.

Not worth $2700.00+

Ooops- I meant MRC and that was their response above.

Turbowned
January 18th, 2014, 15:24
Nice numbers! So just to clarify, this is on the stock block? Basically upgraded turbos, exhaust, intake, water/meth, fuel injectors, intercoolers, engine/trans mounts and a beefed up trans? What about your downpipes? Nice numbers for bolt-ons (albeit expensive bolt-ons).

lswing
January 18th, 2014, 16:52
Nice numbers! So just to clarify, this is on the stock block? Basically upgraded turbos, exhaust, intake, water/meth, fuel injectors, intercoolers, engine/trans mounts and a beefed up trans? What about your downpipes? Nice numbers for bolt-ons (albeit expensive bolt-ons).

There are a handful of cars with this block running 7-900 HP. You can find some crazy race car builds out there using our engine.

It would be nice to have closer to 500whp with this $10k or so in mods/labor, but that torque is off the charts. I swear there is something off with their Dyno calibration or how they're testing. That super high torque that continues to drop just seems odd, unless they intentionally tune it like that for a kick in the pants off the line.

Del Stator
January 19th, 2014, 04:57

The entire exhaust is Milltek DP back. The block is stock.

Del Stator
January 19th, 2014, 05:00
There are a handful of cars with this block running 7-900 HP. You can find some crazy race car builds out there using our engine.

It would be nice to have closer to 500whp with this $10k or so in mods/labor, but that torque is off the charts. I swear there is something off with their Dyno calibration or how they're testing. That super high torque that continues to drop just seems odd, unless they intentionally tune it like that for a kick in the pants off the line.

Like Tony said, it was just what the engine wanted. I guess it would be nice to SAY I have 500whp. But if the engine is running within safe parameters..which according to Tony it is, then I am cool with it.

I assure you it will be on other dynos! I am just soo excited to get to drive in a couple of weeks.

Del Stator
March 13th, 2014, 20:37
This is Terry Griffin being a little bit artistic with the photos. I will get some other ones with the front end showing the carbon fibre splitter.

Del Stator
March 13th, 2014, 20:46
I picked the car up last week in Berkeley. Let's just say I am completely overwhelmed by the fit and finish of the work of Griffin Motorwerke.

http://www.g-werke.com/

The power comes on like a dream and pulls like a freight train. The power is sooo linear. It is deceptively fast. Before you know it you are at 130mph and it feels like you are going 80. Gotta be careful... I told Terry Griffin about one of my early morning runs on Hwy 101 the other morning. His response was be careful, that car is a weapon. Maybe an overstatement but damn this car feels fast and solid.

The car rides awesome!! We upped the front spring rate to 680lbs. over the stock rate of 515lbs that came with the Bilsteins PSS9 coil over kit. The car tracks perfect over bumps. It is not harsh at all. I don't know how it will work on the track but I didn't build this for the track. All of the systems seem to integrate beautifully. We did raise it up a little. I liked the way it looked before but this setting is more appropriate for the street.

It brakes true and straight. There seems to be no noticeable dive. It seems to squat and stop. Still haven't really push it at all though. I love these 390mm discs!!

The Aquamist system is working flawlessly now and running 100% methanol. I am putting Aces IV in the gas and Aces IV-A in the methanol. This hasn't been too much of a hassle as of yet. If it was my daily driver it might be. I have to pre-mix oil in the gasoline in my RX7...when it's done....so I better get used to this sort of filling up of fuels.

The transmission is a dream...517 fully built trans/TC with Kevlar clutches. The MTM TCU is fantastic with this combination. The transmission is built to take 650ftlbs at the flywheel and I am over 700 so we will see. The 517/MTM/transmission in sport mode......whoa!! Can you say hot rod..

I am super impressed with Terry and the guys at Griffin Motorwerke in Berkeley. Thanks Danny (mechanic)...now get some Grecian Formula... Danny was great to deal with. It was a long year and there were some rough spots they had to sort out. Terry Griffin is one interesting fellow. I feel I have made a new friend....has he got stories. He was a Formula One photographer for 15 years and seems to know lots of folks in motorsports. I always felt very welcome and he has accommodated me on this rather pricey build. I am so glad I found this place. Plus they have a new 4 wheel dyno on the way. They are experts at setting up suspension and alignments. They have state of the art in-ground alignment equipment.

We did have an issue with leaks coming from the intake manifold seals going into the manifold from the FMU intake. We replaced the seals and decided to put the stock intake back on just to make sure all was OK. The car makes all of the power down low so I don't really see the benefit for street driving with the FMU intake on. Although I love the way the FMU looks and the sounds. But since I might go ahead and tag this car California I am going to leave the stock intake on for now. Tony of EPL took a look at the logs after the stock intake was put back on. We did a reflash from Tony and the logs look better than before. No dyno run after the reflash. I hope to do a before and after with the FMU at some point but not now. I just want to drive the car.

This car just seems to hit all the nails on the heads. It feels taught and quick but not harsh or full of vibration. I was concerned the upgraded Apikol engine, transmission and diff mounts would be too hard but it is perfect. We used a combination of red and blue Apikol mounts...I don't remember what is where at the moment. But you do know you are in a hot rod. :burnout:

I took the big custom fit JL Audio subwoofer out of the truck. Freaking thing looked and sounded awesome back there but at 91lbs and it greatly limited space, it is now on Craigslist. Now I have a 31lb JL Audio sub. Looking into some Recaros to help put this pig on a diet.

Del Stator
March 14th, 2014, 00:53
with this $10k or so in mods/labor

10k...ha...that is funny...

lswing
March 14th, 2014, 01:35
10k...ha...that is funny...

Maybe a bit optimistic....car sounds awesome!!!

Del Stator
March 14th, 2014, 02:42
Yep, this was one of those snow ball projects. When I start thinking about the money I get a little uneasy...but get behind the wheel and all is well!

I just have to keep my distance from the Milka build thread... Damn!!!!!

Korben007
March 14th, 2014, 04:43
Can I please go for a ride?

Del Stator
March 14th, 2014, 06:01
Can I please go for a ride?

Sure thing... That is quite a stable of cars you have yourself..

Korben007
March 14th, 2014, 16:22
Thank you. I have my RS6 motor out of the car right now so I would love to get some motivation from a ride. Really curious to see how the transmission feels with all those upgrades!

nistah
March 15th, 2014, 00:59
I
I took the big custom fit JL Audio subwoofer out of the truck. Freaking thing looked and sounded awesome back there but at 91lbs and it greatly limited space, it is now on Craigslist.
Great build, I can imagine the satisfaction after all the time and effort. Love those tuning fork type wheels with your color goes very nicely. Tell me more about the JL Sub does the custom enclosure fit the RS6 nicely? Is the sub a 15,12 or 10"? Is it one of these jobs: http://www.flickr.com/photos/do-it_do-it-now/249491096/ I may be in the market extra info appreciated or a link to the CL ad? Cheers

Del Stator
March 15th, 2014, 05:04
Thank you. I have my RS6 motor out of the car right now so I would love to get some motivation from a ride. Really curious to see how the transmission feels with all those upgrades!

I may be taking the RS6 to pick up my F-350 in Wellington NV in the next two to three weeks. If I do I will be driving through Reno. I could let you take a quick spend then. Things would have to fall into place just right but it is a possiblity.

Del Stator
March 15th, 2014, 05:11
Great build, I can imagine the satisfaction after all the time and effort. Love those tuning fork type wheels with your color goes very nicely. Tell me more about the JL Sub does the custom enclosure fit the RS6 nicely? Is the sub a 15,12 or 10"? Is it one of these jobs: http://www.flickr.com/photos/do-it_do-it-now/249491096/ I may be in the market extra info appreciated or a link to the CL ad? Cheers

Thanks for the kind words.

I had to buy the wheels sort of in a pinch. Loba told me the brakes would fit under 19' BBS but hey didn't. I wanted to get custom 19" Forgelines but can't justify the money right now. So I had to get some 20"ers fast. These look good and were not too expensive at around 350.00 or so a piece.

The sub is a loaded JL Audio H.O. Wedge 12". http://www.jlaudio.com/ho110r-w7ae-car-audio-h-o-wedge-subwoofer-systems-93275

Marty at Cartronix in San Raphel shaped it on one side to fit in the back drivers side of the RS6 trunk. It looks nice but at 50 years old...I just don't care anymore. If I want to slam I can do that at home with my dual JL Audio f-112s!

Here is the Craiglist ad. https://post.craigslist.org/manage/4370702466

Del Stator
May 8th, 2014, 21:55
So, the disease continues. Modify, modify...must modify.

I am going ahead with the 6MTswap. I really like the 517 but I want the 6MT.

My 517 is all but sold at this moment. That only took one phone call.

Advanced Automotion is going to do the swap.

Now that opens up Pandora's box....bigger turbos....more, more, more!! :hihi:

I need to get a plan together that was lacking in all of this build so far.

I want to do the things that were missed when the engine was out last time.

1. Aux radiator delete
2. SAI delete
3. Headers....????
4. Turbos......????
5. ?????????????
6. Staying stock intake....can it be modified? Should it be modified.
7. Supporting fuel system modifications. I don't want to do modification to fuel system if it is not necessary. I like overbuilt but not useless overbuilt.
8. I think AA uses SteveKen adaptor kit.
9. TDI transmission with appropriate upgrades - Longer 1-2-3 gearing
10. Wavetrac diff front and rear- upgraded axles
11. Those ugly ass MTM vents going in.. Not much German Rice around here!!
12. Curious about Loba cams, low compression head gaskets
13. I am thinking of staying with single disc clutch...maybe.

I love what Milka has done with his car but I don't want to go that far.

I love this stage of a build.. I like to dream and then find out what the reality of the dreams are. Then I can make more informed decision.

DHall1
June 4th, 2014, 06:05
There must be something in the AR water.

Mad Max and Del Stator back in the same state once again. I feel aftershocks here in AZ

Del Stator
June 4th, 2014, 07:19
There must be something in the AR water.

Mad Max and Del Stator back in the same state once again. I feel aftershocks here in AZ

Well for one there actually is water in Arkansas!!

I lived in north west Arkansas....Fayetteville. Lots of mountains, streams and lakes...Walmart, JBHunt and Tyson money and the University...so nice place to live. Plus I was going to build my dream house for 300k out in the Ozark mountains...didn't do it though. You can buy some piece of crap house here in California for 300k. Though I am 10 minutes from an ice cold ocean plus redwoods. The summer times highs here are lower than the summer time lows in Arkansas. Not moving back anytime soon but it is very possible in the next 1-3 years.

rs6BC
June 9th, 2014, 20:54
I am also in AR. Atm

MaxRS6
June 9th, 2014, 23:26
I spotted another RS6 (Colorado plates) in Sherwood on 107 today in parking lot of Evap store. It is a freakin epidemic I say..;0

rs6BC
June 10th, 2014, 00:01
I spotted another RS6 (Colorado plates) in Sherwood on 107 today in parking lot of Evap store. It is a freakin epidemic I say..;0

That's mine. I work at the vape shop after uncle Sam let's me off for the day