January 11th, 2014, 23:14
If a picture is worth a thousand words.........here is 7 grand worth :thumb:

RAUDI
January 11th, 2014, 23:59
Very nice! Now for the fun to begin.

Beardown1
January 12th, 2014, 00:43
Yes sir!

below are the tool casualties.......not too bad.

RAUDI
January 12th, 2014, 02:04
Yes sir!

below are the tool casualties.......not too bad.

Ahhhh! What were you doing with (TO) the torque wrench? Should I rescind my offer to use my timing tools for their own safety?

Beardown1
January 12th, 2014, 02:34
Naw.......that was my old one that I have been using for lug nuts the past few years. Tried to use it as a breaker bar and it was an epic fail :lovl:

Bigglezworth
January 12th, 2014, 02:59
I can't believe you left the hood on. Talk about having next to no room too. Tight space.

Beardown1
January 12th, 2014, 05:19
I just removed the hood strut when the time came and blocked it vertical. I did have to open the garage door to back it out.......it's roomier than it looks. :hahahehe:

Beardown1
February 5th, 2014, 19:48
What a shame they will barely be visible once installed.

Bigglezworth
February 5th, 2014, 21:02
Was there something wrong with the units that necessitated a rebuild?

Beardown1
February 5th, 2014, 21:11
Yep.......MAF screw from underside of airbox fell down the rabbit hole. I learned two very valuable lessons. Plug the hole ASAP and remove the stupid screws holding MAFs to the airbox!!!!

Bigglezworth
February 5th, 2014, 21:17
Yep.......MAF screw from underside of airbox fell down the rabbit hole. I learned two very valuable lessons. Plug the hole ASAP and remove the stupid screws holding MAFs to the airbox!!!!
Oh S***!!!

RAUDI
February 5th, 2014, 21:58

AHHHH! How did you figure that out?

Beardown1
February 5th, 2014, 22:41
Found what was left of it in the IC hose. I really didn't think it went down the hole and just in case used a mirror, magnet, vacuum, etc to double check. Thought to myself "C'mon man......your just being paranoid. What are the odds that it went down the hole?"
:doh:
Now I know!

MaxRS6
February 5th, 2014, 23:03
^A familiar tale is told agin..;00

Good to hear you found the rascals..edit: uhhh too late..ughh

Speaking of Ben- You need to come back to the fold!

Pic of Scroll rebuilt turbos. It is a shame those fellers are tucked up so tightly away for a bunch of $$$ reasons..;0

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz195/MaxRS6/Scroll/PIC_1745_zps9367054d.jpg

Beardown1
February 5th, 2014, 23:32
Thanks Max. BTW.....I loved your racing video at Texas a couple of weeks ago.......way to go!!

MaxRS6
February 5th, 2014, 23:50
^Thanks for sharing your pics/experience. Good luck and speed getting it back terrorizing the neighborhood!

Beardown1
February 14th, 2014, 04:32
Putting the hulk back in tomorrow.....right down on a brand spanking new set of Stern racing mounts. I thought a couple of pics were in order. Second pic is relocated O2 sensors after precat delete. Wish me luck!

Bigglezworth
February 14th, 2014, 04:53
Putting the hulk back in tomorrow.....right down on a brand spanking new set of Stern racing mounts. I thought a couple of pics were in order. Second pic is relocated O2 sensors after precat delete. Wish me luck!Eeriely familiar except I didn`t relocate the O2`s.

Beardown1
February 14th, 2014, 13:55
Hey Biggz......did you get yours all buttoned up yet?

Bigglezworth
February 14th, 2014, 18:58
Hey Biggz......did you get yours all buttoned up yet?Yes. Almost a month ago now. Pleased to have things back up to 100% after being down for a while. Need to now address a persistent limp mode on my second beast in hopes of rectifying in reasonable order so that I can sell with a good conscience.