PDA

View Full Version : Cross-Post: RS7 Standling Mile video clip and results - pretty dam* impressive

ZCD2.7T
January 8th, 2014, 15:47
http://www.automobilemag.com/features/news/1401-feature-flick-2014-audi-rs7-standing-mile/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n7tQrq8lsw

And for comparison's sake, here's a list of standing mile times for other vehicles (from a different source, but still....) Results are right in line with a stock 2009 Nissan GT-R (!!!)

http://www.dragtimes.ru/en/results/allresults#mile

(http://www.dragtimes.ru/en/results/allresults#mile)

JSRS6
January 8th, 2014, 16:46
We need times from apr now with a tune and no cats!

for comparison, I was fooling around a few nights ago and did a standing mile on a deserted highway after doing a high speed run and did a mile in 33.8@260km/h. That was with heat soak and hot oil.

Bigglezworth
January 8th, 2014, 16:56
We need times from apr now with a tune and no cats!

for comparison, I was fooling around a few nights ago and did a standing mile on a deserted highway after doing a high speed run and did a mile in 33.8@260km/h. That was with heat soak and hot oil.What method/tool did you use for time/distance?

JSRS6
January 8th, 2014, 17:41
What method/tool did you use for time/distance?

I assumed that my odometer is accurate seeing how I've measured the speedo with gps up to 180 and it's dead on. So I went really slow on the deserted highway and stopped the second I saw it click over to the next whole mile. Video taped it and used a stopwatch to time from start to click over of next whole mile.

dab
January 8th, 2014, 22:45
what was your speed?

JSRS6
January 8th, 2014, 23:16
33.8@260km/h. I'll do it again with new plugs and fuel filter and no cats hopefully this weekend.

RAUDI
January 9th, 2014, 03:33
33.8@260km/h. I'll do it again with new plugs and fuel filter and no cats hopefully this weekend.

Oh yeah it's Wednesday. Did you make the sound recordings and gut yet? :) I know I'm looking forward to a direct comparison.

JSRS6
January 9th, 2014, 03:57
Didn't get to it today, gonna try tomorrow. Hopefully.

JSRS6
January 9th, 2014, 19:03
Looked at the vid again, it was actually 33.6@255km/h. I think I fat fingered my stopwatch last time.

Bigglezworth
January 9th, 2014, 19:30
Looked at the vid again, it was actually 33.6@255km/h. I think I fat fingered my stopwatch last time.This was kind of why I was asking what method of timing you used. Even with this method it's inaccurate for confirming exactly. Still provides a good base comparisson for general discussion though. Flying along indeed.

DHall1
January 9th, 2014, 20:04
I remember Safe4now trapped 170 in the Texas mile.

That is good enough for me

This was kind of why I was asking what method of timing you used. Even with this method it's inaccurate for confirming exactly. Still provides a good base comparisson for general discussion though. Flying along indeed.

JSRS6
January 9th, 2014, 21:48
I agree it's not precise, my method. But like you said, it's a good comparison. And that puts me around an 04 gallardo. For the fastest car to take 20 seconds to go 1 mile is ludicrous speed!

JSRS6
January 9th, 2014, 21:49
I remember Safe4now trapped 170 in the Texas mile.

That is good enough for me

Amen!678

JSRS6
January 12th, 2014, 20:58
Didn't get get to it this weekend, was chasing a rough idle issue all weekend. Ended up being fuel starvation because my transfer fuel pump wasn't pumping. Thought I fixed it when I pulled all the plugs I installed yesterday and found one I forgot to gap. Drove out and stopped at autozone, bought a jack, tapped on the pump and it started working again. But I was a dummy and didn't unplug it before reinstalling and the brittle plug broke. I don't let things like that stop me, so I scraped back and melted away some of the plastic on the pump side and the plug side and soldered in some wire to jumper it. Sealed it with 2 coats of liquid electrical tape and no more worries there.

Oh yeah it's Wednesday. Did you make the sound recordings and gut yet? :) I know I'm looking forward to a direct comparison.

RAUDI
January 13th, 2014, 04:07
Didn't get get to it this weekend, was chasing a rough idle issue all weekend. Ended up being fuel starvation because my transfer fuel pump wasn't pumping. Thought I fixed it when I pulled all the plugs I installed yesterday and found one I forgot to gap. Drove out and stopped at autozone, bought a jack, tapped on the pump and it started working again. But I was a dummy and didn't unplug it before reinstalling and the brittle plug broke. I don't let things like that stop me, so I scraped back and melted away some of the plastic on the pump side and the plug side and soldered in some wire to jumper it. Sealed it with 2 coats of liquid electrical tape and no more worries there.

Nice with the fix. Scary area of the car to be melting things away though. I hadn't forgotten about your upcoming mod. Still excited to hear the difference. I'll take any bit of action I can get with mine still being on stands.....

JSRS6
January 13th, 2014, 04:12
Oh, no. I removed and emptied the pump before doing any work on it. I wouldn't be soldering upside down anyway, lol.

JSRS6
January 13th, 2014, 04:14
I think I'm going to do it on Thursday. I have a replacement lower control arm on its way from 034 on warranty. I will use that time on the frame lift to lower the subframe and do work.

RAUDI
January 13th, 2014, 04:16
Oh, no. I removed and emptied the pump before doing any work on it. I wouldn't be soldering upside down anyway, lol.

Picture me say "whew" and wiping my brow in relief. :)

RAUDI
January 15th, 2014, 00:15
I started gutting my precats last night. It ended with me being annoyed and stopping with about 1/3 out of one of them.

Bigglezworth
January 15th, 2014, 01:54
I started gutting my precats last night. It ended with me being annoyed and stopping with about 1/3 out of one of them.Yepper. lol You using an air chisel or good old fashioned elbow grease? I used the latter and it took 1 - 1.5hrs each.