PDA

View Full Version : guy on audizine rs6 badging his s6 silly boy

dab
December 25th, 2013, 15:58
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/573519-2-Beasts-Chilling-On-A-Sunny-Afternoon/page2

Just doesn't get it. Would love to see the reaction at an audi event.

na1mt
December 25th, 2013, 16:31
Who cares what he badges it as. A fair amount of NSX owners here rebadge them as Hondas in place of Acura. I personally wouldn't do it but its their cars.

TozoM8
December 25th, 2013, 17:03
It is a Honda NSX. It was named Acura for US only. Americans won't spend $$$ on Toyota, Honda, Nissan. They rather buy Lexus, Acura or Infinity. VW made a huge mistake when they put a VW logo on the Phaeton. It was a luxury car based on the Bentley continental and the Audi D3 A8 with a VW badge. No wonder it didn't sell.

nitrorocket
December 25th, 2013, 17:21
I wanna put 2.7T on mine. Haha

Sadly, my 2000 2.7t was faster then my rs6. :(

na1mt
December 25th, 2013, 18:27
Having one, I kinda know the history and demographics of it. Point being, it's a badge and if the guy wants to put Barbie badges on it, who really cares, it's his car. For the record, all the NSXs with Honda badges had the steering wheel on the wrong side of the car.

DHall1
December 26th, 2013, 02:45
Installing a RS grille and APR chip does not make a S6 anything but a Stage 1 S6

What a shame but its his car.

Other_Erik
December 26th, 2013, 13:44
That thread turned pretty ugly in a hurry...

Personally, no skin off my ass if the guy wants to put an RS6 badge on his car. Maybe if more people bought RS6 parts from Audi (like he did!), Audi would make our parts in larger bulk, and maybe we'd be able to get our parts cheaper... Just sayin'.

All said, though, I respectfully disagree with up-badging a car. When I was driving a Grand Prix GTP (Grand Touring Prototype - supercharged 6-cyl), there were folks re-badging their GT/SE (6/4-cyl) as GTP's, whether they'd done work or not, just didn't fit.

I'd love it if I could get a modern RS6 sedan (obviously not happening for many reasons, foremost being that it's not available -at all-, second being lack of funding), but for me I'll probably end up doing what I can to modernize my existing beast without turning it into a tuner-wreck. I think the word I'm looking for is 'tasteful'. The guy with the S6 definitely did some tasteful mods (underhood, suspension, exhaust), but an RS6 it is not.

mmaturo
December 27th, 2013, 02:20
As I posted over there I can't stand it. I was just annoyed last week seeing a 2004 S line with an RS6 badge on the rear at my dealer. Always irritated me over the years to see 4.0s or the S lines re-badged. Its not an RS and it doesn't help that people that have no idea think that it is an RS especially if they just blew away a falsely badged 2.7 or 4.0. I don't mind the parts at all and it looks good but just skip the badges. I think the same with my R8 GT. I don't mind seeing the parts on other R8s because it does look really good but just don't think about putting a GT badge on it. On the S5 forums there was a guy who added all the body parts for the RS5 to his S5 cabriolet long before the RS5 cabrio came out or was even announced and it looked great/perfect but he didn't re-badge it.

I don't think the NSX comment is the same since its the manufacturer not the model of the car...if it was an NSX badge on a Civic that's more the same.

nitrorocket...Really?? is there something wrong with your RS6...it certainly should be much faster than your 2.7.

dab
December 27th, 2013, 11:29
Yep it is disrespect to the rs line. I don't even like the s line stuff, I gave some guy shit on audizene because he was flaming someone and he had s line pedals in his mods. Nice Pedals.

Turbowned
December 28th, 2013, 14:58
I've seen worse:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Cockersrock999/IMG_1652.jpg

ttboost
December 28th, 2013, 20:27
Sheesh.. I was gonna debadge the SL65 and put the AMG badge on my company Fusion...