PDA

View Full Version : interior light problem

mbagge01
December 16th, 2013, 19:53
In my RS6, for some reason the interior lights around the right rear door are not turning on. I am referring to the light under the passenger seat, the rear right footwell light on the door and the red door light on the back of the right rear door. Do all these lights run on a similar circuit. I found the fuse for all the interior lights but can't figure out why that section of lights do not work. Any thoughts?

lswing
December 16th, 2013, 21:08
Does is happen when you open a certain door?

I know my passenger rear door lock sensor is out, so it won't activate the interior lights....it will also lock the car a minute after unlock if it's the only door open as the system does not know the door is open.

Gotta fix that someday...

Edit: VAG scan it if you can, should tell you....

Dynmicracr
December 16th, 2013, 21:12
Have you tried taking a multimeter and make sure you are seeing power on both sides of the fuses? Sometimes they can break and not be visually/obviously broken.

mbagge01
December 16th, 2013, 21:16
lswing, funny that you mention that about your door, because the other day when I was checking vagcom, there was an error for the central locking system on that door. My assumption would be now that it must trigger turning the lights on around that door when it is open. Any idea what part needs to be replaced or how to go about it. I can get the door off but would need to figure out what part needs fixing.

lswing
December 16th, 2013, 21:24
I'm not sure on the part myself, sorry. It took me over a year to ever notice the issue, but I've always seen the error on vagcom and wondered what it was since the doors all locked fine. Opened the door last month and realized no lights were on, ding! Now just don't open that door and toss the keys in, then close back up. I might have it looked at later this week when at the shop, will let you know if nothing else gets posted here. Your other doors should activate all lights then right?

mbagge01
December 16th, 2013, 22:48
All my other doors activate the lights just fine. It is only the left rear door and its associated lights.