PDA

View Full Version : Brake Caliper Decals

bobbyrs6
December 15th, 2013, 03:25
Ok guys, getting ready to change out OEM Brake pads to Hawk HPS pads.
While that is being done, I think I want to repaint the front calipers. Do anyone know
where I can get the RS6 Brake Caliper Decals? I know they use to be on Ebay but did a search and it didn't turn
up anything. What say you.......

Bigglezworth
December 15th, 2013, 07:06
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUDI-S3-RS3-S4-RS4-RS6-RS8-BRAKE-CALIPER-stickers-graphics-x6-/171068150953?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27d474d4a9

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-RS-Premium-Brake-Caliper-Decals-Stickers-TT-A3-A4-S3-Q5-R8-S-line-Quattro-/250908245163

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUDI-S-Line-Premium-Brake-Caliper-Decals-Stickers-TT-RS-A3-A4-A6-Q5-Quattro-TD14-/271281774220?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f29a75e8c&vxp=mtr

bobbyrs6
December 15th, 2013, 07:44
SonofaB#@&H!! Lol, thanks Biggz!! I swear I did a Ebay search and the only thing that popped
up was a couple of S4 decals and some AudiSport decals.
I'm going to check ECS Tuning Monday and if they don't have it, I will order from the Ebay UK site.

RAUDI
December 16th, 2013, 13:13
I think the stock ones are more like paint or a decal than vinyl. How do you think these vinyl ones will fare against high brake temperatures?

bobbyrs6
December 16th, 2013, 15:25
Good question Raudi and I'm not sure about the answer. I've read a few past threads about this so I've got
a few ideas as to what I'm going to do but as Mike Tyson said, "Everybodys' got a plan until they get Punched
in the Mouth"! LOL I was thinking after the Calipers are re-painted, apply the decal and then apply some
sort of heat resistant clear coat paint over the caliper and the decal. Not sure, Im open to suggestions ……..

Bigglezworth
December 16th, 2013, 17:31
OEM are not vinyl no. They are a water transfer decal. That said, the rotors are the items that get super hot - not the calipers. There should be no problems with the application of a vinyl decal.

audiprotn
December 16th, 2013, 17:54
Bobby, if you would want to powdercoat them, i can give you a contact to this local shop up North of Chicago.

bobbyrs6
December 18th, 2013, 04:22
Bobby, if you would want to powdercoat them, i can give you a contact to this local shop up North of Chicago.

Thanks. How do you like the powdercoat btw?

audiprotn
December 18th, 2013, 04:42
Thanks. How do you like the powdercoat btw?
Mine are still stock, I saw lots of examples on AZ. To me, "powdercoated" colors look so much better. If I were to do mine, I would probably go with some dark metallic grey with the same rs6 sticker on it.

Kgnast
December 23rd, 2013, 17:37
Yes, the vinyl will survive just fine. Paint the calipers using G2 caliper kit. Apply the vinyl logo. Hit with the high temp clear to seal in the vinyl. Should be good to go for a long time.

Good question Raudi and I'm not sure about the answer. I've read a few past threads about this so I've got
a few ideas as to what I'm going to do but as Mike Tyson said, "Everybodys' got a plan until they get Punched
in the Mouth"! LOL I was thinking after the Calipers are re-painted, apply the decal and then apply some
sort of heat resistant clear coat paint over the caliper and the decal. Not sure, Im open to suggestions ……..

bobbyrs6
December 24th, 2013, 05:03
Mine are still stock, I saw lots of examples on AZ. To me, "powdercoated" colors look so much better. If I were to do mine, I would probably go with some dark metallic grey with the same rs6 sticker on it.

Man, you were right about that. I saw some niiiice powdercoat examples on AZ. I wonder does anyone on this forum have "powdercoat" colors......??

bobbyrs6
December 24th, 2013, 05:08
Yes, the vinyl will survive just fine. Paint the calipers using G2 caliper kit. Apply the vinyl logo. Hit with the high temp clear to seal in the vinyl. Should be good to go for a long time.

Thanks Kgnast, someone mentioned the G2 caliper kit on Audizine the other day. I'm ordering the vinyl logo tomorrow from the Ebay UK site. I'm sure it
won't make it to me until well after the first of the year so I still have time to come up with a tentative plan.