PDA

View Full Version : Emission testing

mbagge01
December 15th, 2013, 03:17
I just went to get my RS6 with a eurocharged tune get emission testing today at the Oregon DEQ but it failed on multiple tests. The problem was that their readers were coming back saying that multiple systems could not be read (like O2 sensor and EGR, fuel system) and were not returning information. I ran my vagcom right before I went there and I was not getting any abnormal codes and I have no CEL. Could my tune cause problems with them trying to read the ECU. I have not coded out any of the emission systems. Should I just flash back to stock and have them try again. I can't imagine that the tune would create problems with reading codes because it is still using all of the cars systems. Could my battery be going bad causing problems with reading the ECU. Could my ECU be going bad. Maybe I should disconnect the battery and let everything reset itself. Anyone have a similar issue.

marklar182
December 15th, 2013, 17:45
Were they not returning info or in a not ready state?

Did you use the clear codes function in vagcom before you went to get the test? If so, the emissions systems are not ready, you need to drive the car a while until they are set to ready.

mbagge01
December 15th, 2013, 18:17
I did not reset anything with vagcom. What there report says is the 2nd air (unready) and the system checks for Misfire, Fuel System, EVAP, O2 sensor, EGR, O2 heater all came back saying unsuppported? I am not sure why. I had the car inspected 2 years ago when I brought it with no problems. This was also before I got the eurocharged tune.

Chung
December 16th, 2013, 22:06
If I remember correctly another member had an issue with this as well. I think some places allow for a limited number of systems missing.