PDA

View Full Version : 905609 in Seattle

Jimkrell
December 15th, 2013, 01:40
Anyone know the history of this car? It resides in Seattle and was apparently sold there originally. I'm headed up this week for work and may take a look at it. Sounds like the dealership (Park Place) has all of the records dating back to '05. Really interested to know the tranny history.

This is probably my favorite color combo (Mugello/Silver), and the miles are low. I'd love any feedback that may exist out there!

Thanks,

Jim

DHall1
December 15th, 2013, 02:21
Park Place has a good rep. Ben, how did they treat you?

They have had that 5609 for sale all summer. Get the price down

No other records on the master list.

5609 is a late VIN. Trans is good to go! 120k at least.

Park Place has had that vehicle 6 months at least. It has repeated service visits back to the Audi dealer during that period. Red flags. Check the Carfax

4x4 DRC but that can be corrected.

Jimkrell
December 15th, 2013, 03:48
Yeah, I saw the repeated trips back to University Audi on the CarFax. I may still check it out this week and pore over their records. the Audi dealership can probably shed some light on this as well.

DHall1
December 15th, 2013, 15:40
It could be something as simple as PPI. But PP should be able to shed more light. Its most likely a consignment so if it's been for sale that long could be open for reasonable offer.

hahnmgh63
December 15th, 2013, 21:44
Try calling University and asking for Ben. He is a Quattro/Audi club member and real good about helping people out with info on cars. You might be able to get in touch with him at BenM@univeristyaudi.com Not sure if there is any privacy thing that will keep him from talking about it.

ben916
December 16th, 2013, 18:53
PP knows @ RS6 and they seemed to treat me fairly well.

6 months sitting at PP is a LONG time. There must be an issue or something (timing belt or trans).

Two thoughts come to mind on the blue one:
1. This might be the one that I commented about some time in early 2013 where the ENTIRE engine compartment had brand new EVERYTHING (this was right after Sandy on the East Coast) = I concluded it was flood damage or serious accident/salvage)
2. My consigner stated that there was an RS6 coming up for consignment that the owner refused to do a timing belt and/or other maint items to get ready for putting car up for sale. I told him how much my TB was at University.

Jim Krell, I will PM you my contact info.
I might be able to meet you there for meet/greet and kicking tires.