PDA

View Full Version : Caliornia emissions

Chung
December 13th, 2013, 19:21
Do any of the cali people know if an rs6 with coded out pre-cats meet the California emissions standards?

ben916
December 13th, 2013, 22:03
hmmmm, good question.

When I had mine smogged, the OBDII-ed it AND sniffed the tail pipe.
He wanted to put it on rear rollers but I told the guy that looks like my avatar that "it is an AWD car and if you put it on your rollers, you would be responsible for any and all damage"
Sam Sausagehead looked at me and got the picture.
Needless to say, it was 114 degrees that day.

Chung
December 13th, 2013, 22:18
I think I will pass a sniff test if my main cats are heated up. To be honest I don't know what my car has or doesn't have. I wonder if I could just keep it registered in WA. This is all theoretical.

DHall1
December 13th, 2013, 22:21
1/2 my cars and motorhome still have OR plates.

5+ yrs in AZ

I still have my OR drivers license.

Bigglezworth
December 13th, 2013, 22:31
Lucky me. I can run catless and never worry about emissions testing as part of vehicle registration. Imagine one day that will be come provincially legislated, but currently it's not. That said, I did remove the cats off my NSX this past summer as part of a header upgrade and while I gained a few HP, the smell and constant dusting of black on the rear quarters and bumper are casualties.

hahnmgh63
December 13th, 2013, 23:24
Rian, you moving to Cali? Your car should have a sticker in the Engine compartment that says: This Vehicle is equipped with a Permanent All Wheel Drive system and is exempt from IM testing on Two Wheel Dynos.

Chung
December 14th, 2013, 02:57
There is a slim possibility but I want to be prepared.

Dave do you have to bring your cars up for emission testing or can you do then out of state. I should be able to use my parent's address if necessary or I could even just put them on the title.

DHall1
December 14th, 2013, 04:38
No emission testing in Eugene.

CA may no be so tolerant of out of state plates. AZ has snowbirds...Oregon plates all over the place. I own homes in both and pay taxes in both states.

Dave do you have to bring your cars up for emission testing or can you do then out of state. I should be able to use my parent's address if necessary or I could even just put them on the title.

ben916
December 16th, 2013, 19:09

California, IIRC, requires registration once residency is established within 10 days. I didn't find that out until 13 years later :)

lswing
December 16th, 2013, 21:27
No emission testing in Eugene.

Kind of odd eh? Liberal town and they let you drive around in an old beater pouring smoke and let it go....not referring to my car by the way....

DHall1
December 17th, 2013, 00:47
Yeah, just like they let the farmers burn the fields in the summer and give the valley the worst air in the whole state.

Never could figure that one out. We get 3 months of sun and the farmers are burning fields.

Kind of odd eh? Liberal town and they let you drive around in an old beater pouring smoke and let it go....not referring to my car by the way....