PDA

View Full Version : Sway bar questions?

mmacalus
December 13th, 2013, 03:17
Hi Folks, I just ordered a set of Hotchkis sway bars and was wondering if anyone recommends running the back bar by itself or the front and back bars with the back on the stiffest setting. Thanks

lswing
December 13th, 2013, 03:19
Use both, back on stiff, so good...

ben916
December 13th, 2013, 18:04
Jason (Frenchy) also asked me the same question

I put both on, called it a day.

December 13th, 2013, 22:28
I have both on Thing 2....much stiffer than Thing 1....a little too stiff for me for what the car is, but it may be the H and R coilovers doing that.

lswing
December 13th, 2013, 23:58
I have both on Thing 2....much stiffer than Thing 1....a little too stiff for me for what the car is, but it may be the H and R coilovers doing that.

It's the coilovers. I added the sway bars and it barely stiffened the strut/spring action. Stock springs with Koni Yellows on soft is plenty stiff for me.

December 14th, 2013, 00:18
I figured....love the ride of thing one with the straight H and R's....more like the gentleman's car that I view this as.

mmacalus
December 14th, 2013, 15:08
Thanks for the help. Also where do you guys buy your sway bar links?

lswing
December 14th, 2013, 19:37
Thanks for the help. Also where do you guys buy your sway bar links?

It's a complete kit, shouldn't need anything else. Bought mine from TireRack for about $450...

ben916
December 16th, 2013, 19:10
PureMS in San Diego

Avus-RS6
December 16th, 2013, 21:08
I have rear Hotchkis bar stock front bar. Had Hotchkis front but my tooner recommended going back to stock so I did. It handles very nicely with the PSS9's and I can induce oversteer nicely when I get to the limits of adhesion.

lswing
December 16th, 2013, 21:29
I have rear Hotchkis bar stock front bar. Had Hotchkis front but my tooner recommended going back to stock so I did. It handles very nicely with the PSS9's and I can induce oversteer nicely when I get to the limits of adhesion.

That'll really bring the back around. On stiff for the rear I'm guessing?

I like having the front also as it keeps things level with all that weight up there....

Turbowned
December 18th, 2013, 14:48
I need these ASAP; I'm not used to so much understeer.

While we're on the topic of suspension so I don't need to start a new thread, is there any recommended additional parts to purchase for the installation of KW V3 coilovers and Hotchkis sway bars? Any OEM rubber, strut mounts, end links etc?

lswing
December 18th, 2013, 15:48
^^^The reduction in body roll is worth it alone. Personally the stock springs and Koni's are fairly firm even on soft, enough to remove some of the "luxury" of the ride when bumpy...

Avus-RS6
December 18th, 2013, 17:21
I need these ASAP; I'm not used to so much understeer.

While we're on the topic of suspension so I don't need to start a new thread, is there any recommended additional parts to purchase for the installation of KW V3 coilovers and Hotchkis sway bars? Any OEM rubber, strut mounts, end links etc?

Do the rear bar first, if you think it's too tail happy for you then do the front. I don't find it tail happy at all. Doing Hotchkis bars on both front and rear doesn't reduce the understeer a noticeable amount, for me at least.