PDA

View Full Version : Pushed the RS6 to the max

Greyyork
November 30th, 2013, 15:51
So 1 week ago I took my RS6 that is completely stock besides OZ rims and eurocharged tune out for a top speed run. I hit 187-190 MPH on A70. So for all of you saying the top speed was 170 without a limiter are wrong. Just thought I would share with you guys! Overall it was pretty scary, very loud but overall the car felt very stable and solid.

4everRS
November 30th, 2013, 15:55
Very cool to take it to those speeds.

Do you remember what the max rpm you saw was? Was it redlined?

Also, share your comments about how long it took to get there. What was the acceleration like above 160?

hahnmgh63
November 30th, 2013, 17:31
I agree, I've had mine to a 175mph indicated a couple of times. Next time I'll have to get my little GPS in the car setup so I can verify the accuracy of the Speedo. But at 175mph it was still slightly accelerating.

alrightroad
November 30th, 2013, 17:45
So 1 week ago I took my RS6 that is completely stock besides OZ rims and eurocharged tune out for a top speed run. I hit 187-190 MPH on A70. So for all of you saying the top speed was 170 without a limiter are wrong. Just thought I would share with you guys! Overall it was pretty scary, very loud but overall the car felt very stable and solid.

Congrats. DRC must be seriously dialed in to feel stable at that speed.

Greyyork
November 30th, 2013, 18:28
Well I should mention that 15k before I bought the car the DRC, T/C and transmission was replaced with OEM of course, but still stock none the less. You have to keep in mind German roads are 100x better than those in America, at least thats my opinion. So I had a virtually brand new road nearly completely flat and zero traffic. It was also about 40 degrees so nice perfect weather and it was a 12 mile straight away. As for the acceleration it was actually pretty impressive after 160 (what I topped it out at before) it did not take long at all to get up there. Not that I had a stopwatch or anything. To be honest I was more focused on the road that my odometer, but as I did look down to check speeds it was pretty much maxed out. If I remember right it wasn't maxed out but very very near it. I'm pretty confident in a more controlled environment these cars could get to 195 and MAYBE 200.

nistah
November 30th, 2013, 21:27
Well I should mention that 15k before I bought the car the DRC, T/C and transmission was replaced with OEM of course, but still stock none the less. You have to keep in mind German roads are 100x better than those in America, at least thats my opinion. So I had a virtually brand new road nearly completely flat and zero traffic. It was also about 40 degrees so nice perfect weather and it was a 12 mile straight away. As for the acceleration it was actually pretty impressive after 160 (what I topped it out at before) it did not take long at all to get up there. Not that I had a stopwatch or anything. To be honest I was more focused on the road that my odometer, but as I did look down to check speeds it was pretty much maxed out. If I remember right it wasn't maxed out but very very near it. I'm pretty confident in a more controlled environment these cars could get to 195 and MAYBE 200.

Previous owner of my Daytona car which was tuned by eurocharged said the car would do 190, not sure how he knew that…lol

Avus-RS6
November 30th, 2013, 22:06
187 on my first RS6, (in Mexico of course) O.CT chip otherwise stock. VERY stable and not scary.

Bigglezworth
December 1st, 2013, 00:20
I'm pretty confident in a more controlled environment these cars could get to 195 and MAYBE 200.They can - and will - do 195. (315km/h)

Ruergard
December 1st, 2013, 07:04
They can - and will - do 195. (315km/h)

Without any modifications?

The numbers I have is that it will do 301 km/h with only the limiter removed. And for the limiter, there's no cutting in at 250 km/h. More like 270 km/h from my experience… :D

Bigglezworth
December 1st, 2013, 07:22
Without any modifications?
Nope. With some minor mods. The gearing is there. Just need the horsepower to push the brick through the air is all.

ttboost
December 1st, 2013, 14:25
I use my Performance Box for every single performance measurment...usually as a back up...land speed, drag racing, 60-130's, etc...handy little tool...you can't manipulate it, as it's raw data, but you can view it any way you want...speed, time, slope, G's, etc...everything...I use it for 0-60, 0-100, 50-70, 60-130...you can see where you are lacking in performance...

JSRS6
December 2nd, 2013, 00:35
I've had mine up to 180 recently on the way back up from dropping my daughter off in south Florida. Still felt safe and was able to maneuver quite well.

Ruergard
December 2nd, 2013, 06:13
Nope. With some minor mods. The gearing is there. Just need the horsepower to push the brick through the air is all.

Thought so, with some fiddling in the ECU 315 km/h is not a problem. ;)

Jimmy
December 2nd, 2013, 14:04
There is so much speedo error at high speeds...

JSRS6
December 2nd, 2013, 15:57
Mine was right on at 170 with GPS video correlation.

December 3rd, 2013, 01:14

Awesome!!!.....was the noise wind noise as my wife claims?

Turbowned
December 3rd, 2013, 01:29
I need to find a place where I can do this... In virtual racing, i.e. Forza 3, I just built an 880bhp RS 6 and it's effing incredible!!!

Greyyork
December 4th, 2013, 11:55
The wind past 160 MPH is crazy. Although I'm sure it's much quieter than in other cars. I could still hear it pretty loud and the engine was sounding just beautiful. Yeah Germany is one of those special places. I'm going to the Ring in May.

RAUDI
December 4th, 2013, 15:18
Gregyork, are you taking your car there or getting your hands on something once you're in Germany?

RAUDI
December 4th, 2013, 15:19
How far is that from you? Is it true that all you have to do is pay a toll and you can use it? I would be afraid of other drivers using it at "reasonable" speeds being in the way.

Klint
December 5th, 2013, 18:21
These are fast cars irrespective of differences in top speed, conditions etc.

Glad to read that you are enjoying your car to the max!

Enjoy in good health.

Seasons Greetings

Greyyork
December 8th, 2013, 22:21
Well I rarely drive it like that actually. and I've been stationed in Europe for almost a year. Never seen a toll road in Germany but Italy has a ton, and so does austria. For the most part everyone stays out of the left hand lane, but you do get the occasional douche that just stays in it. Just gotta be smart when you decide to ride fast.