PDA

View Full Version : Noisy rear end

November 30th, 2013, 03:43
So Thing 2 has a noise coming from the rear end. 192K on the clock. Howling above about 30mph....had the wifey drive me around today and the noise appears to be from the right rear, but I can't rule out the diff.....any ideas? No noise when just rotating the rear tire by hand.

Thanks all....

Bigglezworth
November 30th, 2013, 04:28
My buddy's wife was saying the same thing a few months back. Had all of my buds laughing hard while he shared her text with us.

rs6BC
November 30th, 2013, 05:42
Does it get higher pitched the faster you go? I would say rear Dif.. which you probably don't want to hear.. wheel bearing? I unno

4everRS
November 30th, 2013, 16:04
My buddy's wife was saying the same thing a few months back. Had all of my buds laughing hard while he shared her text with us.

that is funny.

I would get all four wheels off the ground and have your wife or someone get the mph up to 30-40 while your under it to try to locate the noise.

Just remind whoever ever drives that the abs will be goofy when you hit the brakes.

Chase
December 1st, 2013, 00:39
Wheel bearing

December 2nd, 2013, 07:35

LMAO !! Can't say the wife would ever text me that :/

SteveKen
December 3rd, 2013, 04:39
If it ends up being a shot rear differential, I've got one from an S6 that's compatible. All you need to do is remove your aluminum heat sink and install it on this one, as it's the only difference.

If it's more prevalent or goes away when turning, it's probably a wheel bearing.

PM me if you end up needing the rear diff. BTW, they're small enough to ship via UPS or USPS.

December 3rd, 2013, 18:53
If it ends up being a shot rear differential, I've got one from an S6 that's compatible. All you need to do is remove your aluminum heat sink and install it on this one, as it's the only difference.

If it's more prevalent or goes away when turning, it's probably a wheel bearing.

PM me if you end up needing the rear diff. BTW, they're small enough to ship via UPS or USPS.

Thanks! Right now looking at 6 inches of snow, so troubleshooting has ground to a halt :/

Bigglezworth
December 3rd, 2013, 19:09
Thanks! Right now looking at 6 inches of snow, so troubleshooting has ground to a halt :/Peanuts! JK ha Blizzard swamped our city here with almost a foot of snow too over the past 48 hours cancelling flights, closing highways, schools, etc. due to high snowfall coupled with 50-80km/h winds and drifting snow. Dozens and dozens of accidents coupled with traffic woes everywhere. Minus 30degC for the remainder of the week. lol Long live QUATTRO coupled with a good quality set of winter tires.