PDA

View Full Version : Looking for top RS6 tuners..

Del Stator
November 24th, 2013, 19:07
I have a RS6 in Berkeley California at Griffin Motorwerkes. We are ready to start tuning. I am trying to find someone that has lots of experience tuning our cars.

I am running upgraded new turbos (clipped wheels), 100% Methanol (Aquamist), Aces lV (gas treatment) and Aces lV-A (methanol treatment), FMU intake, Okada direct ignition coils COP, Wagner ICs. I also have a STE PPD display installed. Oh yeah, a 517 built transmission with MTM TCU. Loads of other bits and pieces for suspension and mounts.

Just gathering experienced and accomplished tuners to contact. We are ready next week to start tuning.

Thanks for any input. The fun part is finally about to begin!

lswing
November 24th, 2013, 22:32
Viper, Eurocharged, 10SecS4 (Marc)...all seem to have solid track records.

Sweet list of mods, should tune very well. Just make sure you have Ross-Tech software to confirm data and fine tune if needed.

I've got mine tuned close to the max for my setup, but may have started to destroy the trans in 8 months with all the torque, be careful...

Del Stator
November 25th, 2013, 00:26
Thanks lswing. What is ME7 fueling?

The Eurocharged My Genius handheld programmer looks very interesting. Anyone using the handheld?

Flashing software is all new to me. I come from the RX7 world where mostly full stand alone systems are used on big horsepower.

Interested in 10SecS4's tune.

lswing
November 25th, 2013, 00:49
The ME7 is the name of the ECU software basically, I'm just adding more fuel in using a simple program that accesses basic ECU settings. This is required because I have a Revo tune that only adjusts boost and timing, leading to a lean condition.

Agree that Euro handheld looks like a nice option for adjusting.

10Sec has the fastest drag time recorded with his tune, awfully tempting...I've never seen a data log though representing the safety of it, but it's been on some cars for years. Both Euro and Viper seem to be within safe bounds, and fast. APR is top notch, but $2k...

Glad to see you're running the water meth, world of difference in the summer for preventing heat soak effects....

Del Stator
November 25th, 2013, 03:11
I have been trying to get a hold of 10SecS4 for days. I now understand why 10SecS4 is not answering my PMs. His mailbox if full. Anyone know how to get his attention. I am ready to tune Tuesday..

Thanks,
Christopher

DHall1
November 25th, 2013, 03:16
Will you be running standard 91oct crap CA fuel? The Aces will help as will the meth but your still limited by that 91oct ethanol crap.

I assume your running stock turbos with modified wheels? Stock fuel system?

What about the exhaust? What downpipes?

Your asking for a tall order on a box shelf tune. You really need a live road tune by someone with experience. That turbo change and more importantly the FMU will throw off any box stage tune from all the usual suspects.

Drive the car up the guy in the PacNW that does the 6sp tunes. Or fly him down but that gets $$$

I have a RS6 in Berkeley California at Griffin Motorwerkes. We are ready to start tuning. I am trying to find someone that has lots of experience tuning our cars.

I am running upgraded new turbos (clipped wheels), 100% Methanol (Aquamist), Aces lV (gas treatment) and Aces lV-A (methanol treatment), FMU intake, Okada direct ignition coils COP, Wagner ICs. I also have a STE PPD display installed. Oh yeah, a 517 built transmission with MTM TCU. Loads of other bits and pieces for suspension and mounts.

Just gathering experienced and accomplished tuners to contact. We are ready next week to start tuning.

Thanks for any input. The fun part is finally about to begin!

Del Stator
November 25th, 2013, 03:32
91 CA crap. I can get 92 CA but they only sell it in bulk. I can't actually pull up and pump it.

Clipped stock turbos, stock fuel system, Full Milltek exhaust.

Yes, box tunes make no sense where I come from...built RX7. We go to the dyno and tune. Everything I read about these flash tunes sounds compromised.

Who is this PacNW tuner? I will drive up for sure. I have felt uneasy about box tunes. Seems like you leave a lot on the table..

DHall1
November 25th, 2013, 03:47
The locals up in WA know him. AMD tuning I think? Good guy and does lots of RS6s up in that area. He has also solved the 6sp tune on these things.

You are correct about box tune leaving things on the table.

Del Stator
November 25th, 2013, 04:15
Would it be Addicted Motorsport Design... AMD?

DHall1
November 25th, 2013, 05:48
http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/26279-Like-to-clear-the-AIR-about-Jason-Petek-AMD-owners-RS6-Flash

Send a PM to N_Stamp and get his number.

hahnmgh63
November 25th, 2013, 06:22
Addict Motorsport Design LLC
19501 144th Ave NE, Woodinville, WA 98072
(425) 424-2165

ThrillHouse
November 25th, 2013, 20:37
(not to hijack but maybe save you a few $$) If you are looking at Eurocharged I have Dimsport mygenius handheld for sale. You should still just need to purchase the tune from them. Its a pretty good option for going between stock/tuned.

hahnmgh63
November 25th, 2013, 21:43
Thrillhouse, double check but Eurocharge told me that the Dimsport they sold me was VIN coded to my car and I couldn't use it on another one? When I launch it, it does come up with my VIN.

LIRS6
November 25th, 2013, 22:15
I passed your comment on to Marc

I have been trying to get a hold of 10SecS4 for days. I now understand why 10SecS4 is not answering my PMs. His mailbox if full. Anyone know how to get his attention. I am ready to tune Tuesday..

Thanks,
Christopher

ThrillHouse
November 25th, 2013, 23:56
Thrillhouse, double check but Eurocharge told me that the Dimsport they sold me was VIN coded to my car and I couldn't use it on another one? When I launch it, it does come up with my VIN.

My understanding is the tune itself is vin locked. The Dimsport should be able to load and unload whatever is on it. If course they would be the best source but it should still be a deal

SA RS6
November 26th, 2013, 01:41
not sure if it works the same, but when i had a tuner on my truck it was only vin locked when you load a tune, if you put it back to stock you can use it on another, only up to 3 times though.

Del Stator
November 26th, 2013, 03:13
Spoke to Jason Petek of Addict Motorsport Design today. I am going to get Griffin Motorwerke to work with Jason getting it flashed and running. Then drive up to Washington and have Jason finish the tune on his dyno.

Thanks for the input. I will update later next month..

JayB
November 26th, 2013, 22:59
I'll just leave this here....

Sunol (between San Jose and Pleasanton)
Sunol Super
3004 Andrade Road (925) 862-0577
It's just off Hwy 680 on Adrade Road, about 500 feet East of the exit.

http://www.davebarton.com/Unleaded_Racing_Fuel_in_SoCal

Enjoy

Del Stator
December 10th, 2013, 02:45
Going with EPL. Tony is the one that sold me my modified turbos and injectors. At least he returns calls and emails!

I gave up on Jason at AMD. 10SecS4 was not easy to communicate with either. I don't like being made to feel like I am bothering people to give them money.

I will report my progress.

Oh, I have to say that Viper and Eurocharged got back to me the fastest...

Thanks for the

Turbowned
December 10th, 2013, 15:01
Keep us posted, would really like to see how this car turns out!

G2
December 11th, 2013, 05:35
Griffin motorwerke, eh? Still owned by Terry or did he retire?

Del Stator
December 11th, 2013, 16:11
Going with EPL. Tony is the one that sold me my modified turbos and injectors. At least he returns calls and emails!

I gave up on Jason at AMD. 10SecS4 was not easy to communicate with either. I don't like being made to feel like I am bothering people to give them money.

I will report my progress.

Oh, I have to say that Viper and Eurocharged got back to me the fastest...

Thanks for the

Nope, Terry is still there.

G2
December 13th, 2013, 05:22
....My favorite Bay Area euro performance and race shop is Marin Motorsports.

fbatwork
February 11th, 2014, 14:46
Bump... Any updates?

Del Stator
February 12th, 2014, 04:49
Yeah, I finally got to go pick it up Saturday but it was totally pouring rain..(we need it) so didn't get to get into it. Then a couple of days later it dried up and I'm ready to let it rip and it goes to limp mode. The Aquamist system is being a bitch and Aquamist local rep in Santa Rosa California has basically given us wrong information every time we talk to him. The home office in England has been no help either. They had to finally admit they don't know how to make it work on our cars?!??!? I don't get it.

Anyway the mechanic Danny at Griffin is trying to get it worked out. I am driving back down to Berkeley tomorrow and let them keep it for a week or so. It was running perfect for the longest time for them and then limp mode. I haven't had time to pull a code and see.

Otherwise it is an absolute beautiful setup. I will elaborate in the build thread once it is sorted.

Aquamist may be a bad ass system but they are not impressing me at this stage.

lswing
February 12th, 2014, 04:55
Shouldn't be much difference with the AM kit, odd. Just goes off boost right, or does for my simpler DO kit.

Any idea what put you into limp mode, shouldn't be the water meth.

4everRS
February 12th, 2014, 05:05
IIRC the AM stuff uses injector pulse signals to send the fluid. I remember reading articles and opinions on which is better and there didn't seem to be a clear consensus.

IMO a boost signal would be simpler, and again IMO, simpler is better.

Del Stator
February 12th, 2014, 13:08
They are thinking it is the meth injection as it was had done it before. We will find out later this morning.

Terry had previously used DO with great success...but I had to have Aquamist. He agrees it is a very nice system but something is throwing into limp mode and not just straight away. I don't think is that big of a deal. The bigger deal is it is a 5 hour drive to Berkeley and a 1.5 hour plane ride home. :fastm:

All for the love of speed...or is it projects.

Turbowned
February 12th, 2014, 16:56
Not suggesting you tear out the aquamist system but AEM offers a water/meth kit and they're based out of California if I'm not mistaken...

lswing
February 12th, 2014, 18:45
Good luck getting it sorted. At least you can drive it up and not flatbed it!

I would ask for the logs, it should give you an idea of what is causing the limp mode. Maybe the AM causing a short with its connections.

Love the speed, kinda like the projects, not too excited about the $ sometimes....

BigD2500HD
February 12th, 2014, 22:23
The ME7 is the name of the ECU software basically, I'm just adding more fuel in using a simple program that accesses basic ECU settings. This is required because I have a Revo tune that only adjusts boost and timing, leading to a lean condition.

LSWING i never received and Email from you regaurding the ME7. daniel.robinson@applusrtd.com
Thanks in advance for the reply

Del Stator
February 13th, 2014, 00:20
Aquamist isn't the problem. It was getting a too rich code and going into limp mode.

The seals that go between the FMU intake and the intake manifold are leaking..so says the smoke test. We are going to get the stock intake back on and see if Terry is correct. If so I think I am going to remove the FMU and go back to stock. This thing makes all the power down low and I doubt that intake does much until the upper RPMs. It will also make it easier to smog this beast here in the silly state of CA.

Might be another FMU intake back on the block soon...

lswing
February 13th, 2014, 01:27
LSWING i never received and Email from you regaurding the ME7. daniel.robinson@applusrtd.com
Thanks in advance for the reply

Got busy, sending now....one moment...