PDA

View Full Version : Throttle lag with the new TT 3.2?

Snow
November 16th, 2003, 14:02
Has anyone driven the new TT 3.2 DSG?

I saw a test with it, and they complained that it has a throttle lag when accelerating hard from stand still (without using launch control) because the gearbox doesn't select first gear until you hit it.

The test person made it sound like it was the disaster of the century so I would like to hear from you guys if you have any experience of this and what you think about it.

:cheers: :ttaddict:

Snow
November 16th, 2003, 16:01
Just to clarify, I didn't "see" the test. I read it. :)

chewy496
November 18th, 2003, 01:04
Yup i've driven it :D

But i'm not much help though as it was the first time i'd driven a car like this.

When the guy that was sat in the car took me out for a hot lap it most certainly flew. Kept up with the RS6 infront EASY!!!

My amazing day out (http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2619)

Picture is of the board they had next to one

ttigg
December 30th, 2003, 21:53
Originally posted by Snow
Has anyone driven the new TT 3.2 DSG?

Hi all, (been browsing before but never posted) I just got a new V6 (well 2.5k miles ago) when I traded my 01 Roadster in. The V6 (DSG) has several types of modes for driving so I hope I can explain this quickly (and in Englican format)

<u>"D" Mode</u>
Acts (like) an automatic and will shift up quickly to 6th gear (even at low speeds). When you (floor) the pedal you'll notice a lag as you would do in any other automatic which is commonly referred to as "kickdown"

<u>"S" Mode</u>
As above but in S mode you're on the revs more and it (blips) the throttle on downshifts. It will also hold the revs until red-line for you (to be sporty) and I mean red line (just a tad over 6500rpms)

Currently my favorite mode to be in !

<u>Manual Mode</u>
In manual mode you have the choice to use either the paddles or the shifter. Personally I use the paddles at all times unless I am turning in or out of a tight bend (or junction) and then I would use the shifter as with your arms at full lock on the steering wheel using the paddle is a little tricky.

<u>override mode</u>
At any time during "D" or "S" mode you can flip the paddle switches (up or down) to take over the shifting. When you do this beware that the DSG will now be in temp manual mode for about 10secs.

eg: you're in S mode pulling away and you don't want to rev to 6500 in 2nd so you flip the paddle + a gear to 3rd. Then you floor the pedal again and notice that you didn't get the "kickdown" effect. It's because you're still in temp manual mode and the DSG is waiting for you to change up or down.

Hope this helps....

Snow
December 31st, 2003, 12:31
Thanks for the info and welcome to RS6.com! :cheers:

(Keep the TT-section alive! :) )