November 9th, 2013, 18:29
Has he gone to the dark side too?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85aGR9nnz18

MaxRS6
November 9th, 2013, 19:42

http://youtu.be/KQveng3Wxz8

Bigglezworth
November 9th, 2013, 19:52
A close friend of mine just (yesterday) picked-up his 2007 E63 AMG wagon. One of the rarest performance vehicles out there. Had no clue so few were made by AMG. There are more than 10 times as many Lamborghini Gallardo's than this thing. Apparently his 2007 is the only one in Western Canada... Going to be able to give it a whirld on Monday when he brings it by. Can't wait.

ZCD2.7T
November 11th, 2013, 16:18
Has he gone to the dark side too?...

You mean Pobst? He's been helping out MT in their Best Driver's Car series for several years. He offers the Professional Racer point of view.

He's also still driving in Speed World Challenge, too, now driving an (AWD) K-PAX racing Volvo S60R - and still consistently runs at/near the top of the standings.

DHall1
November 11th, 2013, 16:26
Yeah, I get that he needs to collect a paycheck.

But that car may as well be a brick in the corners. Push, push, push....they try to hide and all the while Pobst is raving about the car.

I miss my E55 but handling was not one of its finer traits. Steering and braking response was far from track optimal. I have also driven the newer E63.....nothing has changed.

You mean Pobst? He's been helping out MT in their Best Driver's Car series for several years. He offers the Professional Racer point of view.

He's also still driving in Speed World Challenge, too, now driving an (AWD) K-PAX racing Volvo S60R - and still consistently runs at/near the top of the standings.

Ms_RS6
November 11th, 2013, 16:38
Yeah, I get that he needs to collect a paycheck.

But that car may as well be a brick in the corners. Push, push, push....they try to hide and all the while Pobst is raving about the car.

I miss my E55 but handling was not one of its finer traits. Steering and braking response was far from track optimal. I have also driven the newer E63.....nothing has changed.

Thank for your input DHall! I was actually wondering how the handling was with this car. It's huge.

ben916
November 11th, 2013, 17:54
Has he gone to the dark side too?

Traitor....

Of course the video is on a perfect track.... Lardy barge.

lswing
November 11th, 2013, 18:06
Personally think it's a horrible looking car, just so bulbous and large in the back....

Bigglezworth
November 11th, 2013, 18:47
Guys. This is a wagon. NOT a track car. The fact that the car was only 5 seconds slower around the track than a Vanquish and only 10 seconds slower than a full track prepped Viper is amazing. As for having a phat arse - it does at that. I much prefer the CTS-V rear in comparisson. That said though, my friend who just purchased one stated something specific which all those lookers don't take into consideration. That fact that most people that own a wagon do so for the space! The Benz has the space. Other wagons like the Avant, the Touring, the CTS-V, etc., fall short in the capacity category.

Kgnast
November 11th, 2013, 19:18
I know, but in heads up from a dig and a roll, our Stage III+ AllRoad pulls the E55 wagon. And its much better looking car, and is a proper Quattro. Put even the minimalist of dampness or cold on the ground the AR is gooooooone.... It's got plenty of space even if the EE5 wagon may have more; we use it as our parts hauler, hahahaha, complete w/ baby-on-board signs for the humbling effect.

Guys. This is a wagon. NOT a track car. The fact that the car was only 5 seconds slower around the track than a Vanquish and only 10 seconds slower than a full track prepped Viper is amazing. As for having a phat arse - it does at that. I much prefer the CTS-V rear in comparisson. That said though, my friend who just purchased one stated something specific which all those lookers don't take into consideration. That fact that most people that own a wagon do so for the space! The Benz has the space. Other wagons like the Avant, the Touring, the CTS-V, etc., fall short in the capacity category.

iconcls
November 11th, 2013, 21:28
...all the while Pobst is raving about the car.

historically, I don't think Pobst is prone to prevarication and you really can't explain away the data (at least rationally):
Laguna Seca Lap Times (http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/laguna_seca.html)

DHall1
November 11th, 2013, 23:22
Data was not given in the clip but the times look decent. Maybe AMG has the 4matic figured out and there is hope for this ride. I have driven the E55 and E63 n/a but not the new E63tt 4matic.

historically, I don't think Pobst is prone to prevarication and you really can't explain away the data (at least rationally):
Laguna Seca Lap Times (http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/laguna_seca.html)