PDA

View Full Version : FS: Custom stainless tubular headers and 2x GT3071r turbos

buster0984
November 7th, 2013, 04:20
Hi All!

Package deal??

I had posted that I was going to be selling these about a month or 2 back, well things got busy and I just now getting to put them up and take pictures. the headers were custom built for me by a local shop that specializes in twin turbo setups. they are stainless all the way, back purge TIG welded and have T4/3 4 bolt flanges on them. the head flanges were custom waterjet cut as we couldn't find them anywhere in the aftermarket, and the wastegate pipes have v-bands already welded on. the 4-1 collectors on each side were hand built as well. they are VERY well built and very sturdy. I paid ~$2,450 to have these built.

Also selling two BNIB Garrett GT3071r .82a/r, 4" inlet, 3" v-band exhaust, externally gated turbos. I paid ~$1,580 for each of these.

these parts are as flawless as you can get and have never been run. I had a chance to get in on a real estate deal with a partner and jumped at it so the car went and that is why these parts are going as well. Was going to keep 1 turbo for a porsche 951 that i have in the garage and a future build but we have 1 child and are buying a bigger home in a few months so freeing up some capital would be a good thing at the moment.

I have as you can see ~$5,600 into this set up but i'm willing to take a sizable loss here.

this is what i figure, the headers were built for my car and fit beautifully but as with all custom parts you may need to have them tweaked or have an angle corrected. Asking $1500 for the headers, that gives you plenty of room for adjustments and to pay a shop to install them, and you will still come out cheaper them any of the other ~$3k options on the market.

for the turbos I'm asking $1,200 a piece for these, can't beat that on a new turbo, where else will you get over $300 of retail on these?!

HOWEVER,

i would like to sell this all as a package as that is how i planned to use it! If you take it all I will ship them to you for $3,600 (it will cost near $100 for me to ship due to size/weight). So you will be getting a full custom set of stainless tubular headers AND 2 brand new turbos for less than the cost of the turbos were for me! can you say free headers haha!

onto to pictures...

Looking to move them as you can tell, they are just taking up space and making me sad when i look at them...

thanks!

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w203/kb10103/IMG_5056_zpsa5bb45c2.jpg[/URL]

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w203/kb10103/IMG_5057_zpse8a7e272.jpg[/URL]

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w203/kb10103/IMG_5058_zps8a8f0c4e.jpg[/URL]

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w203/kb10103/IMG_5059_zpse36aa18b.jpg[/URL]

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w203/kb10103/IMG_5055_zps901367c8.jpg[/URL]

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w203/kb10103/IMG_5060_zps441e1d77.jpg[/URL]

nistah
November 7th, 2013, 04:47
what type of gains did you see with the headers installed?

Bigglezworth
November 7th, 2013, 05:17
what type of gains did you see with the headers installed?New there bud. These have never been mounted....

buster0984
November 7th, 2013, 13:04
Yes they have never been run...mounted yes, run no. So i have no dyno numbers. As a rule of thumb though they would net about 30-50hp and go up or down depending on the other supporting fuel/engine/airflow mods you have to go with them. these were built to increase flow to the turbos in order to reduce lag and get into boost faster.

They have also been port matched to the heads to reduce any restrictions there.

If you have been wanted to go with bigger turbos for awhile now this is a great deal as you get the new turbos AND a custom set of tubular headers as an added bonus!

Bigglezworth
November 7th, 2013, 14:28
If you have been wanted to go with bigger turbos Careful citing this to anyone with an OEM RS6. Bigger turbos don't necessarily fit into the available space on an OEM chassis.... Well known and discussed adnausea. Additional area is available with the 6MT modification, but if you still have the 5spd auto, next to no options other than perhaps a slightly larger compressor exist.

kevin
November 7th, 2013, 14:44
Paging N_Stamp ;)

N_Stamp
November 7th, 2013, 14:55
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA this is the last thing I would be doing or well could really do hmmmmmmmmmmm question is how long would my car be down for haha. Kevin you know my weakness! I would love these and think I might have to do it.

nistah
November 7th, 2013, 15:03
hahahahahahahaha this is the last thing i would be doing or well could really do hmmmmmmmmmmm question is how long would my car be down for haha. Kevin you know my weakness! I would love these and think i might have to do it.

___do it!

ben916
November 7th, 2013, 16:00
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA this is the last thing I would be doing or well could really do hmmmmmmmmmmm question is how long would my car be down for haha. Kevin you know my weakness! I would love these and think I might have to do it.

Do it! -> 2003 Rs6 Mugello/Ebony /APR R1 DV's/RNS-E/KW-v3/Hotchkis/Full Milltek Cat-less/Apikol-Intake/BBS-CH/01E TUNED 6-Speed/Southbend STG 4+/AMD ecu tune/Devils Own Meth/61k

buster0984
November 7th, 2013, 17:13
Careful citing this to anyone with an OEM RS6. Bigger turbos don't necessarily fit into the available space on an OEM chassis.... Well known and discussed adnausea. Additional area is available with the 6MT modification, but if you still have the 5spd auto, next to no options other than perhaps a slightly larger compressor exist.

Yes i didn't mention that probably should have. I just assumed that anyone looking to do this already knew this, i shouldn't assume i know! It's a tight fit but the fabricator made it work.

the headers do not protrude out any further then the stock headers for the full run of the pipes....the only thing that is a bit bigger is the collector area is a little wider, direct quote from the builder of the headers.

N-Stamp,

Lets do it! everything is boxed up and ready to ship, just have to add package material to the headers....Turbos are still in the original Garrett boxes.

thanks!

yokust
November 7th, 2013, 23:16
Does the drivers side turbo sit side ways back there, cause that back flange looks twisted the wrong way.

Have any pics of them bolted up to a motor?

ttboost
November 8th, 2013, 00:30
Does the drivers side turbo sit side ways back there, cause that back flange looks twisted the wrong way.

Have any pics of them bolted up to a motor?

Drivers side looks OK to me..the passenger side flange looks like it would never fit with a turbo on it...It obviously must be an optical illusion, but boy..sure doesn't look right. I can't imagine the OP doesn't have pics installed in the chassis?

buster0984
November 8th, 2013, 01:35
yes the passenger side flange is not twisted down as much as the stock headers, the turbo still mounts down but it is a a different angle. it was just the fabricator did it, i had all the parts out of the bay when it was mounted and did a bit of tuck work and relocation of bits here and there.

This is why I said they were built for my car and you would probably need to have the angles tweaked a bit, the passenger side will most likely need to be tweaked down to match the drives side bend. I realize this and that why i'm asking 1500 for them, leaving you a lot of room for the angle to be corrected (basically i could change the add and say buy 2 turbos and get a free set of headers).

N_Stamp
November 8th, 2013, 18:11
I am looking into installation pricing as we speak.

buster0984
November 9th, 2013, 02:47
sounds good keep me posted! also make sure that you include the rework to the bends if need be...like i said the bends were for my car so they might have to change them for you. it would just be the little bend after the collector and before the turbo flange.

thanks!

yokust
November 9th, 2013, 03:01
yes the passenger side flange is not twisted down as much as the stock headers, the turbo still mounts down but it is a a different angle. it was just the fabricator did it, i had all the parts out of the bay when it was mounted and did a bit of tuck work and relocation of bits here and there.

This is why I said they were built for my car and you would probably need to have the angles tweaked a bit, the passenger side will most likely need to be tweaked down to match the drives side bend. I realize this and that why i'm asking 1500 for them, leaving you a lot of room for the angle to be corrected (basically i could change the add and say buy 2 turbos and get a free set of headers).

I was meaning the the rotation of the flange is a better way to say it

They look like the turbo does not sit front to back, but sit transverse in the bay.

Thats why curious if you have any pics of them bolted up when mocking it up to see how he had it all together

ttboost
November 10th, 2013, 01:37
sounds good keep me posted! also make sure that you include the rework to the bends if need be...like i said the bends were for my car so they might have to change them for you. it would just be the little bend after the collector and before the turbo flange.

thanks!

Why would your car be different than any other car?

Turbowned
November 10th, 2013, 02:24
dammiittttt I want those manifolds... Gotta get the car first.

buster0984
November 10th, 2013, 15:56
lets see....gonna answer two of these questions here.

yes the "flange" is cocked a bit on the one side but not much so it is now a true 100% longitudinal mount. when i was talking about the angle/bend this is one of the characteristics i was talking about. T3/4 flanges are pretty cheap and to mimic the stock bend you would need a 90 bend that is about 4" or so long. have my bends cuts off and the new ones mocked on and then welded. again the reason both headers are so cheap is because i realize that this will likely need to be done and i wanted to give the buyer the ability to do it and still come in at less invested then i had as well as if they were to buy somewhere else. Plus if you price out the gt3071r turbos that i'm selling you will find that they sell for right around $1,575 and up. Add take in (in PA at 6%) that would come to $3,339.00 roughly....I paid exactly $1583.53 per turbo plus tax. figure in shipping and fees and all that at about $200 (includes shipping the headers) and you are at $3,539. which is just about at my asking price. my thoughts were that if you buy the whole package you would be getting the turbos and headers for the price of the 2 turbos new more or less plus shipping and fees (and my turbos are just about as new as you can get short of picking them up off the assembly floor)

Also when you get into customizing cars there are 1000 things that can differ, even small this that would make your car fit things differently then someone elses. for example i was working, for a pretty long time, on tucking wires, removing emission parts, extending wires and hose to relocate and hide some things so i had the ability to create more room. I also did some work to the false firewall which gave alot more clearance as well, this enabled me to mount the turbos a little higher. I also had a FMU intake (which i recently sold) that was going to go on the car so the top of the motor was more open wasn't covers by the stock intake.

thanks!

ttboost
November 10th, 2013, 21:42
So unless someone modifies their car the way you modified yours, they MAY not fit? Which is why you're suggesting that they MAY need to be modified?

yokust
November 10th, 2013, 22:05
So is there still any way of getting pics of these bolted to a motor or with turbos bolted to the manifolds?

buster0984
November 11th, 2013, 03:33
i am working to see if i can get a pic or two, have to wait on the shop for that if they have any. I have never been huge on pics and i travel to them in person to look at things.

also ttboost...

I have not hid the fact that they might need to be tweaked, i said that in the first post as well as every other post since. you asked why it would be different in your car then mine, i answered. i'm more then happy to answer questions but having me keep restate this fact in different ways is getting alittle old. only one side should need to be tweaked down to fit stock placement and the other MAY need to be clocked to a straight longitudinal mounted position. a competent shop would have no issue doing this.

Besides i priced the parts with all of these things in mind. I'm not asking near the ~5,500 that i have in them (manifolds and turbos), in fact i'm basically giving away the manifolds for less the the parts cost to build them.

anyone interested in buying these parts let me know...i do have some wiggle room if that helps, can be picked up in person as well. :)

rs6BC
November 11th, 2013, 03:53
Where is picked up in person?
Also.. couldn't we just rear mount larger turbos?

ttboost
November 11th, 2013, 13:26
I wasn't trying to pick a fight. When you describe something as "flawless as you can get", then in the next paragraph you say "you may need to have them tweaked or an angle corrected?" It begs the question. If they were fabricated on the RS6, why wouldn't they fit EVERY RS6? As you may or may not know, there is not a lot of room in this car for big mods. I do all of my own work and have made MANY turbo headers in my life. I wasn't nor am I now suggesting that these headers are crap, just asking the relevant questions, that didn't seem to get answered to me, so I'll ask it again clearly, DID THESE HEADERS GET FABRICATED ON THE ENGINE, IN A RS6 CHASSIS? My guess is no, and that's why they need to be tweaked? I would hate to have someone buy these and think they can just bolt them on.
Anyway, they do look great and the turbos do sweeten the deal. Good luck with the sale.

buster0984
November 11th, 2013, 18:32
Sorry I didn't mean to come across like that. I understand where you are coming from. Yes they were fabbed on an rs6 engine in thr chassis.

To be far I will state that these will need to be tweaked unless you have the same mods changes I have. They will need to have the angles bends moved a bit to fit stock position. Hope this clears the air. Yes with the turbos you are getting a great deal!

Pickup location is in Harrisburg PA.

buster0984
November 11th, 2013, 18:33
Sorry I didn't mean to come across like that. I understand where you are coming from. Yes they were fabbed on an rs6 engine in the chassis.

To be far I will state that these will need to be tweaked unless you have the same mods changes I have. They will need to have the angles bends moved a bit to fit stock position. Hope this clears the air. Yes with the turbos you are getting a great deal!

Pickup location is in Harrisburg PA.

yokust
November 12th, 2013, 02:59
So what mods have you done to the car that allow these to fit into there? Other then 6spd did you do anything else?

Can you just bolt the turbos to the manifolds real quick and take a pic also? I want to see how they sit to base what you may have modded