PDA

View Full Version : Warranty on a 6 speed swap with 63k?

N_Stamp
November 6th, 2013, 04:15
Is it worth it? Can it be done? Where would the best place to get one be?

lswing
November 6th, 2013, 04:22
Not really sure it's worth it...the trans ($7k) and tc ($4k) are out of the way. I'd be surprised if you could get good coverage on such a modified car. That said, plenty of other problems can arise with the RS6, sensors, wiring, lines, seals....

You know, mechanically the RS6 really seems sound is my impression, sans TC and Trans...it's the sensors, electronics, cables, hoses and such that seem to be a real PITA...I guess they get cooked, or are lower grade/faulty parts.

N_Stamp
November 6th, 2013, 04:25
Probably no need to worry and just bank an extra 4-5k in case of emergency. Everything is enw basically haha

lswing
November 6th, 2013, 04:29
$5-10k:)

Chung
November 6th, 2013, 16:01
On that car I would probably roll the dice. Oil Cooler pipe (if kevin didn't put in the metal pipe) will be about $1100 at Redmond European. You don't need to worry about the Trans or Suspension. There will be little things (1000-2000) but hopefully they are not often.

If you need an alternator PM me I might have a new one that will work.

ben916
November 6th, 2013, 16:50
I asked this specifically at University Audi, if my prior owned RS6 has a 6 speed swap would it be covered under the fidelity warranty: The words out the finance manager's mouth were "Yes, as long as there is an Audi part number on the transmission and/or clutch"

DHall1
November 6th, 2013, 17:23
That would be my impression on getting the 6speed covered. That said, will the manual ever die? I doubt it.

Given you have a good friend at Audi and can do most the repairs at discounted parts and labor....I would just run without the contract.

Sensors can get expensive....even at a discount. Look at the dash that just went.

I asked this specifically at University Audi, if my prior owned RS6 has a 6 speed swap would it be covered under the fidelity warranty: The words out the finance manager's mouth were "Yes, as long as there is an Audi part number on the transmission and/or clutch"