PDA

View Full Version : Possible Repost- To those who attended the Speed GT @ Laguna Seca (Ben/Jim)-

Ernesto (ERT)
November 14th, 2003, 03:23
The winner of the race, Paul Mumford passed away a couple of weeks ago. Happen to stumble on a couple pages about his passing.

http://www.nsxfiles.com/mumford.htm

For those who were there, and were in the AoA hospitality suite, the Mumford crew were the ones to the right in what was the BMW suite earlier in the day. To see his friends and family cheer him on as he lead and won the race was one of the highlights of the weekend.

For a 'novice' driver, this was his first victory, and his second race, and watching him at the podium you could tell it was an accomplishment of a life-long dream.

My prayers and condolences go to the family and friends.

To Paul- cheers to you, for making the dream of many of us, a reality for you at Laguna. Having you lead the RS6's made it one of the best races I've ever seen.

Ernesto

RobertV
November 14th, 2003, 03:37
Here is to Paul !!!!!!!!!
Best wishes and prayers to him, his family and friends.

Bauer
November 14th, 2003, 16:26
A am very sorry read about this.....the tent next to us was so supportive and enthusastic you could tell how happy and proud they were of Paul's performance which was very impressive. Racing againts top tier drivers and well funded programs the way he did, it was an amazing performace.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

Klint
November 14th, 2003, 17:12
My sincere condolences to his friends and family.

Benman
November 15th, 2003, 03:46
My condolences as well. It was very sad to see a driver so new in a career that could have spanned decades (Han Stuck). An excellent driver that motorsports lost way too early. Randy Pobst's dedication at Road Atlanta was a nice touch but it fails to bring back such talent lost.:(