PDA

View Full Version : Florida Drivers???????

dab
November 4th, 2013, 14:26
Went to see my daughter who goes to Fla institute of Tech in Melbourne last weekend. Driving on 95 and 528 during that time from and back to Orlando Airport. A couple questions for you folks that live there 1) why does everybody and I mean everybody hang in the passing lane? 2) why won't people move out of this lane for faster cars 3) is everybody a follower, following somebody in the passing lane?

People do like to drive fast which is ok in my book, but not moving out of the passing lane. I don't know how many times I had to go around somebody in the slow lanes, then they would start following me until I moved out of the passing lane. This does happen in lots of other states but people in fla were certainly all going 80 and still not willing to move over.

No I didn't have my rs6 rented a mustang.

SensoRS6
November 4th, 2013, 15:13
Went to see my daughter who goes to Fla institute of Tech in Melbourne last weekend. Driving on 95 and 528 during that time from and back to Orlando Airport. A couple questions for you folks that live there 1) why does everybody and I mean everybody hang in the passing lane? 2) why won't people move out of this lane for faster cars 3) is everybody a follower, following somebody in the passing lane?

People do like to drive fast which is ok in my book, but not moving out of the passing lane. I don't know how many times I had to go around somebody in the slow lanes, then they would start following me until I moved out of the passing lane. This does happen in lots of other states but people in fla were certainly all going 80 and still not willing to move over.

No I didn't have my rs6 rented a mustang.
I have lived in Orlando for a while now. They all are idiots. We have Old people, tourists, and locals. None of which know how to drive. Florida drivers ED and DMV testing is a joke in Florida. The right lane is always open to pass, but a good driver doesn't want to pass on the right due to slower merging traffic. It is legal to flash your lights and honk (freedom of speech), and I utilize that a lot! But everyone just gets in the left lane and sit there, just normal for Florida.

dab
November 4th, 2013, 15:33
I can't tell you how many times when I flash my lights I get flipped off.

bmlee007
November 4th, 2013, 22:57
I spent a good part of the summer working in Cape Canaveral and experienced this a couple times a week. It seems that people drive as fast as the fastest car in the lane, and only move to the right lane when it is time to exit.

I believe that PA now has a law about left-lane cruising, not sure if other states do or not.

DHall1
November 4th, 2013, 23:09
8th grade education level. Yep, they all follow bumper to bumper like sheep going to the meat grinder.

Its worse in AZ. I have passed on the shoulder when a idiot tried to brake check me after blocking the passing lane for 5 miles. Not a car in sight and clear in front.

I guess people get off on it really.

I spent a good part of the summer working in Cape Canaveral and experienced this a couple times a week. It seems that people drive as fast as the fastest car in the lane, and only move to the right lane when it is time to exit.

I believe that PA now has a law about left-lane cruising, not sure if other states do or not.

November 5th, 2013, 02:59
Got to ask....your daughter taking aviation?

dab
November 5th, 2013, 13:18
Got to ask....your daughter taking aviation?

no marine biology, she got full ride to play vball