PDA

View Full Version : Reconstructed 32K mile RS6 up for auction

1sadavant
November 4th, 2013, 02:33
No affiliation. https://www.iaai.com/Vehicles/VehicleDetails.aspx?auctionID=14543110&itemID=15589528&RowNumber=0&loadRecent=True#

N_Stamp
November 4th, 2013, 03:06
Looks like that was a fun joy ride!

DHall1
November 4th, 2013, 04:07
No Forks!!

We have all seen what happens when these are forked.

Dmb408
November 4th, 2013, 21:26
What is reconstructed, for us laymen?

Also that bid is really low compared to what yards will charge you for used parts. I have just totalled up a couple things in my head and I am over the bid.

bmlee007
November 4th, 2013, 23:18
Reconstructed (R-Title) generally means that a car was an insurance loss due to accident damage. It was most likely purchased from an insurance company or auction yard and repaired. It is to let potential buyers know that the car is not factory-fresh and should be thoroughly inspected before purchase, and can be a handicap when trying to sell. Mine was such a case: the PO bought it from an insurance sale, replaced the major sheet-metal around the nose, then drove it for a couple of months and sold it to me. I knew before hand that it was reconstructed, so I flogged it mercilessly for a couple of hours while he was getting the paperwork done. Before I went to look at it, I checked with the DMV, there were no issues bringing the car from NJ to PA. I'll be able to sell it in the future, but I would expect the next buyer to do the same kind of inspection before purchasing.

Dmb408
November 5th, 2013, 14:09
Thanks. I had heard of salvaged just never reconstructed.