PDA

View Full Version : BND shipment has arrived, ACES IV is no joke....

Kgnast
October 31st, 2013, 23:39
What a real kick in the ass that aces iv stuff is. Ridiculous. 10secS4 tune on 100 oct. Holy shi_balls!!!! This thing is a friggin torpedo. I can't believe all you guys have been driving around in these monsters all these years. It's just flat out ridiculous.

Oil change and trans drain/fill coming up with the BND Quantum Blue goodies. Awesome thing.... they have my name on the label!!!! hahahahah. I'm such a child. I keep waiting to grow up but it never happens. I'll be 41 tonight at midnight but age is only a state of mind!!!!!

lswing
October 31st, 2013, 23:52
Sweet!!! I didn't get the most from the Aces, but am also running a heavy/max spray 50/50 water meth kit that bumps the octane already. 92 pump with 10% Ethanol is standard fill. Torpedo, good one, land rocket for sure...the car just feels so damn sturdy, and massive traction.

Would be interested to see your EGT's/timing running the 100 tune. How do you change it from 92 up to 100?

hahnmgh63
November 1st, 2013, 00:24
Lou, check out http://www.pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=OR It really makes a difference in power and gas mileage have 100% gasoline.

lswing
November 1st, 2013, 00:27
Lou, check out http://www.pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=OR It really makes a difference in power and gas mileage have 100% gasoline.

Thanks, I should go there more. Just out of the way, but not much. The 100 octane at one place is sweet too...

DHall1
November 1st, 2013, 03:12
This reminds me. I need to check Tenn gasoline situation.

Aces rocks!

I run it in everything even the diesel stuff in my motorhome.

Ethanol sucks a witches t#t. 91 octane ethanol in AZ is even worse. OMG why did we ever move here. LOL

Holy crap batman!!!!!!

93octane pure gasoline in Franklin and Spring Hill.

Oh crap will I be able to run some timing finally. Dammit Janet.

http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=TN

dab
November 3rd, 2013, 13:03
how many ounces per tankfull? I had people on other audi forums saying it was impossible to raise the octane.

DHall1
November 3rd, 2013, 15:52
I dont normally run my tanks empty so a typical fill is 15gal.

2oz per 15gal

Make your own mind up about this stuff. Results may vary alittle due to the starting point. For example, if you run pure 100% gas premium at 93octane....there may not be as huge a seat of the pants differ but the lubricity component cannot be denied.

Screw the Lucas Oil PR machine.

how many ounces per tankfull? I had people on other audi forums saying it was impossible to raise the octane.

bakes
November 3rd, 2013, 18:17
how much is this stuff?

kismetcapitan
November 3rd, 2013, 22:43
+1, I'm interested in buying; I just prefer to order when I know the price per quantity first.

lswing
November 3rd, 2013, 22:49
It was about $75 for a bottle, covers around 100 full tanks about? Think it helped some, I should just go up the road and buy pure gas though...

Kgnast
November 11th, 2013, 18:53
Hey Sorry for the delay..... I've been MIA with work and stuff..... We/he didn't change anything to the tune. Same as it was flashed to begin with. I just think that the higher octane that the ACES provides just allows the car to not pull timing, run cooler, maybe its not throwing the EGT code that I get on Bank 2 which could pull timing (so I am told). I dunno, all I know is that it's considerably faster with the ACES in the tank to the difference of a couple of miles per hour down a certain stretch of road from point to point of flat out acceleration. I have still been to busy to get a good proper Turbo Log on a 3rd gear pull, but I am greatly interested in seeing the differences. I should run the car out of ACES, full up a couple of gallons of 93, get a log in, then put in the proper amount of aces and get another log in. I honestly have no idea when I'll have that time. If anyone in the Bklyn area wants to take the RS6 for a playdate and get some logs.... I have no issue with that.

Yea, because of the meth, you are already on considerably higher octane. I wonder if you could jack up the tune a bit if you are running aces AND meth injection.

Sweet!!! I didn't get the most from the Aces, but am also running a heavy/max spray 50/50 water meth kit that bumps the octane already. 92 pump with 10% Ethanol is standard fill. Torpedo, good one, land rocket for sure...the car just feels so damn sturdy, and massive traction. Not just the power though, I have now cycled through 2 tanks, and I am seeing about 2mpg's better over the same stretch of road at same 55mph speed. From 22's to 24's.... the engine also seems much much smoother.

Would be interested to see your EGT's/timing running the 100 tune. How do you change it from 92 up to 100?

Kgnast
November 11th, 2013, 18:54
$75 a 1 Quart bottle, treats 192 gallons. They also sell it by the Gallon.

+1, I'm interested in buying; I just prefer to order when I know the price per quantity first.

Kgnast
November 11th, 2013, 18:55
No doubt, the lubricity can

I dont normally run my tanks empty so a typical fill is 15gal.

2oz per 15gal

Make your own mind up about this stuff. Results may vary alittle due to the starting point. For example, if you run pure 100% gas premium at 93octane....there may not be as huge a seat of the pants differ but the lubricity component cannot be denied.

Screw the Lucas Oil PR machine.

lswing
November 11th, 2013, 19:03
Hey Sorry for the delay..... I've been MIA with work and stuff..... We/he didn't change anything to the tune. Same as it was flashed to begin with. I just think that the higher octane that the ACES provides just allows the car to not pull timing, run cooler, maybe its not throwing the EGT code that I get on Bank 2 which could pull timing (so I am told). I dunno, all I know is that it's considerably faster with the ACES in the tank to the difference of a couple of miles per hour down a certain stretch of road from point to point of flat out acceleration. I have still been to busy to get a good proper Turbo Log on a 3rd gear pull, but I am greatly interested in seeing the differences. I should run the car out of ACES, full up a couple of gallons of 93, get a log in, then put in the proper amount of aces and get another log in. I honestly have no idea when I'll have that time. If anyone in the Bklyn area wants to take the RS6 for a playdate and get some logs.... I have no issue with that.

Yea, because of the meth, you are already on considerably higher octane. I wonder if you could jack up the tune a bit if you are running aces AND meth injection.

Good stuff and I see your point about the tune running stronger and keeping timing, and I do have tune raised some with the WM, maybe get a bit more with Aces. I finally went up the road and got a full tank of 92 pure, ah she runs smoother with a touch more kick, that 92 with 10% Ethanol is some crap....now if only the 100 pure wasn't $8 per gallon, although I'll throw some in this next summer. Interested to see a good 3rd gear pull from your ride. I'll add some more once I get the trans temp sorted...

DHall1
November 11th, 2013, 19:56
I buy it by the gallon. 250 I think...lasts me a long time.

Damn, 8 bucks for 92pure in Oregon? Ouch, ouch...if you only have 92 with 10% ethanol....thats not much better than my crap.

Even Arizona is only 7.49 for pure 100 octane.

lswing
November 11th, 2013, 19:58
I buy it by the gallon. 250 I think...lasts me a long time.

Damn, 8 bucks for 92pure in Oregon? Ouch, ouch...if you only have 92 with 10% ethanol....thats not much better than my crap.

Even Arizona is only 7.49 for pure 100 octane.

Maybe how I typed it.....$4.50 for 92 pure.....$8 for 100 pure....the goods....$3.75 for 92 10% right now....

DHall1
November 11th, 2013, 23:24
Got it. I would be putting that 92pure in my car every tank. 100 on fun days.

Maybe how I typed it.....$4.50 for 92 pure.....$8 for 100 pure....the goods....$3.75 for 92 10% right now....

lswing
November 12th, 2013, 00:12
Got it. I would be putting that 92pure in my car every tank. 100 on fun days.

+100!!!!!!!

P1054
November 12th, 2013, 22:44
Wow I didn't realize how hard it is to get conventional (aka pure) premium in other places. Here I have at least 3 place I know of within 10 miles of home that sell conventional 92 octane gas, at around $4.40 per gallon. One of them is literally a block from my office. Not sure where I can get 100 octane around here though.. I may have to give that Aces a shot. Where's the best place to get it from? Can you purchase direct?

On the subject of conventional 92 vs 10% ethanol 92, I've run both in mine and haven't noticed an overwhelming difference in performance. It seems to run great on either, with fuel mileage and "butt dyno" power staying pretty much consistent.

DHall1
November 12th, 2013, 23:30
The long term health of your fuel system and cylinders may vary by using the 10% ethanol.

Fuel pumps, fuel tanks and plastics, injectors and cylinder walls.

Ethanol sucks.

Fuel mileage will be slightly higher with pure gasoline. All the time.

If you lived in a warmer/hotter climate then you would most likely notice a performance difference.

Aces from Brian at BND. 440 821 9040

Wow I didn't realize how hard it is to get conventional (aka pure) premium in other places. Here I have at least 3 place I know of within 10 miles of home that sell conventional 92 octane gas, at around $4.40 per gallon. One of them is literally a block from my office. Not sure where I can get 100 octane around here though.. I may have to give that Aces a shot. Where's the best place to get it from? Can you purchase direct?

On the subject of conventional 92 vs 10% ethanol 92, I've run both in mine and haven't noticed an overwhelming difference in performance. It seems to run great on either, with fuel mileage and "butt dyno" power staying pretty much consistent.

DHall1
November 13th, 2013, 03:12
I just noticed your sig. What is the current mileage on the car? I updated the VIN list....another data point for the late VIN transmission theory.

P1054
November 13th, 2013, 05:11
I just noticed your sig. What is the current mileage on the car? I updated the VIN list....another data point for the late VIN transmission theory.

Just hit 108k miles. I'm hoping the theory continues to hold water! If not....well then there could be an 01E in my future :)

Regarding the long term effects of E10, I'm in full agreement. I may go ahead and start running conventional in every tank, and I'll definitely have to give the Aces a shot one of these days.

DHall1
November 13th, 2013, 06:19
I feel we are well past theory.

Tuned late VIN cars have run well past 110k

Bone stock pristine early VIN cars have blown TC/transmissions by 40k.

You dont hear of 2004 and later Quattro's having problems with the TC.

Thanks for the info. Enjoy the ride...you have a good tune and it should be a blast to run.

Just hit 108k miles. I'm hoping the theory continues to hold water! If not....well then there could be an 01E in my future :)

Regarding the long term effects of E10, I'm in full agreement. I may go ahead and start running conventional in every tank, and I'll definitely have to give the Aces a shot one of these days.

Corbett
November 13th, 2013, 06:42
I prefer e85. A lot of the rumors of ethanol degrading a vehicle are old wives tales.

http://www.change2e85.com/servlet/Page?template=Myths

rs6BC
November 13th, 2013, 07:14
Can you run e85 straight up on these?

Corbett
November 13th, 2013, 07:17
Can you run e85 straight up on these?

No, you will run out of injector and fuel pump if yours are stock, but if you DO want to run e85 it can be done with just injectors and pump.

DHall1
November 13th, 2013, 07:26
What if e85 was really better for our cars?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bAqdSNuuHI

Corbett
November 13th, 2013, 13:16
What if we stopped caring about extended warranties on a 10 year old car and more about making it perform better?

DHall1
November 13th, 2013, 15:39
Huh? Demographics of the forum are wide. Some use these cars a daily drivers, some race cars, some garage queens, some dragsters.

Its great that you converted to e85 and can run the drag times that you do. Not everyone will choose that route.

For me, 91oct 10% ethanol sucks. And I make the choices to deal with it the best I can. e85 is not in my window of modifications.

Corbett
November 13th, 2013, 17:32
I understand. My point is it's not as damaging as it's rumored to be that's all

DHall1
November 13th, 2013, 19:33
Lots of different ways to paint the picture. A point can be made on net power gains by conversion to e85. Not really what we were talking about nor did I bash ethanol e85 camp. 91 octane with 10% ethanol sucks for my purposes and my car runs like $hit on that stuff. So my choice is to run Aces and search for better pure gasoline choices. Truth is even when we move to TN and I have pure gas 93octane stations...I will continue to run the Aces. That's just me.

That site is funny. "Just say NO to OPEC" The US is a net exporter of oil the last time I checked.

If you want to blame someone for the high price of gasoline you better look at congress and the good ol folks in the DC circle. The SEC released banks to trade on the futures market in 2003 or so and that simple change is the reason for skyrocketing fuel prices.

So thank Goldman Sachs and JPMorgan for cornering the oil futures market and driving oil prices thru the roof.

The long term health of your fuel system and cylinders may vary by using the 10% ethanol.

Fuel pumps, fuel tanks and plastics, injectors and cylinder walls.

Ethanol sucks.

Fuel mileage will be slightly higher with pure gasoline. All the time.

If you lived in a warmer/hotter climate then you would most likely notice a performance difference.

Aces from Brian at BND. 440 821 9040