PDA

View Full Version : boost gauge

SA RS6
October 29th, 2013, 22:15
is this the best way to tap to get good boost readings? or is there an easier way to do it without having to take so much off. thanks for any input.

lswing
October 30th, 2013, 00:49
Ross Tech and laptop...if you're worried and need it all the time there's an instrument cluster plugin for $500 and who knows how much labor, or just standard gauge. Never wanted to clutter things up, plus I just log data and if something ever feels wrong double check with a log.

SA RS6
October 30th, 2013, 12:54
yea ive read about those, i kinda like a boost gauge, like seeing that there isnt a problem all the time, plus i have a ISSPRO boost gauge that cost a bit of money sitting around wanting to be used lol.

mbagge01
October 31st, 2013, 06:32
What I did was get a digital boost gauge from Podi and it is easy to tap into the line by the fpr. There is also a rubber plug on the drivers side firewall to easily run the tubing through. I then got a custom vent gauge holder by someone who makes them over at audiworld forums. I am very pleased with the setup and blends in nicely as if it were stock.

audiprotn
October 31st, 2013, 13:58
yea ive read about those, i kinda like a boost gauge, like seeing that there isnt a problem all the time, plus i have a ISSPRO boost gauge that cost a bit of money sitting around wanting to be used lol.
PM ZMEY, he just installed his custom boost gauge, looks sweet.
If you got extra $500 laying around, i would look into PPD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gzAHgGxELo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH_wFMlo2AI
All your data will be displayed right in front of you inside your dashboard.

Zmey
October 31st, 2013, 19:51
14291 Temporary setup

MaxRS6
October 31st, 2013, 19:58
My tech tapped into the intercooler on each side

SA RS6
October 31st, 2013, 22:57
14291 Temporary setup

this is where i put mine, minus the pod, its just sitting in the hole right now, but it was the gauge out of my cummins so it kinda big, fits real sung and takes up most of the space so it doesnt look to bad. and i painted the body of it black so you cant really tell unless you look through the windshield

Zmey
November 1st, 2013, 00:24
this is where i put mine, minus the pod, its just sitting in the hole right now, but it was the gauge out of my cummins so it kinda big, fits real sung and takes up most of the space so it doesnt look to bad. and i painted the body of it black so you cant really tell unless you look through the windshield

I tapped in to the vacuum line between fuel pressure and intake manifold. It does look a lil busy with this gauge, but its great for keeping you informed on how the boost is doing. And I prefer gauges and needles vs digital