PDA

View Full Version : Getting rid of DRC

SA RS6
October 24th, 2013, 13:38
Well it happening. Went down to MJM and asked about the koni swap. They are doing it for a little over 900. Parts are on the way, should be done sometime next week.

Jimmy
October 24th, 2013, 22:37
Installed? Sounds like a good price if it is installed...is your DRC done/shot?

SA RS6
October 25th, 2013, 00:54
Yea that's all parts, labor, alignment, and new strut mounts. and yes it's shot, front right squeaks real bad.

ttboost
October 25th, 2013, 01:00
Got rid of my DRC tonight.:hey:

SA RS6
October 25th, 2013, 01:44
What did you swap it for?

Edit- nevermind I just saw the other thread, guessing your referring to selling it lol.

lswing
October 25th, 2013, 02:21
That's a low price for sure, it's at least a 4 hour job, plus alignment, struts are about $6-700. You find a good cheap shop?

ttboost
October 25th, 2013, 02:47
What did you swap it for?

Edit- nevermind I just saw the other thread, guessing your referring to selling it lol.

:lovl::hey:

SA RS6
October 25th, 2013, 03:01
Yea it's called MJM autohaus, a guy from the audi dealer told me about it.

SA RS6
October 25th, 2013, 03:03
What did you happen to do with those wheels Ttboost

audiprotn
October 25th, 2013, 05:28
Not to bash on MJMautohaus, I used to love that place a lot, but lately started hearing very bad reviews.

lswing
October 25th, 2013, 06:34
Not to bash on MJMautohaus, I used to love that place a lot, but lately started hearing very bad reviews.

Maybe that's why they're doing work for 1/2 price or less...

ttboost
October 25th, 2013, 12:36
What did you happen to do with those wheels Ttboost

Stock wheels went with the car...Volks are on the Benz and the BBS are for sale...

Jimmy
October 25th, 2013, 14:28
Got rid of my DRC tonight.:hey:
Nice ...that is one way to rid yerself of the DRC issue ! LOL

4.2Crew
October 25th, 2013, 14:50
Yea that's all parts, labor, alignment, and new strut mounts. and yes it's shot, front right squeaks real bad.

Wow!... With at least $700 in parts AND a $100 4-wheel alignment, that's a helluva labor rate for at LEAST 4 hours of dirty work!

lswing
October 25th, 2013, 15:07
Yep, something fishy with that pricing...$900 without struts seems more common...and easily a 6 hour job depending...

Think I paid ~$600 labor and alignment at $75 per hour...

SA RS6
October 25th, 2013, 16:14
Uh oh lol, y'all are making me rethink this. I haven't heard anything bad from the few people I've talked to. And they told me the struts were 6 something a flat rate charge of 200 for suspension work with alignment, the I added in the mounts and that's how it got to the 9 something.

Bigglezworth
October 25th, 2013, 17:18
Obviously an optimist on the other end of the estimating stick there and someone who has never been on the bad end of trying to extract the large 17mm bolt from the top of the steering arm that frequently seizes so that they can remove the control arms...

audiprotn
October 25th, 2013, 17:49
Uh oh lol, y'all are making me rethink this. I haven't heard anything bad from the few people I've talked to. And they told me the struts were 6 something a flat rate charge of 200 for suspension work with alignment, the I added in the mounts and that's how it got to the 9 something.
Here is an example http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/552883-Skip-ordering-from-MJM-Autohaus
Most of the people complain about ordering parts from them. But who knows, maybe they are actually changing for a better.
Alignment is usually around $75-$100
Labor- 2-4 hrs
It might take them a bit longer just to get rid of old drc lines.
As long as you get your estimate in writing, you are ok.

P.S. You might wanna get another alignment a week later, after your new suspension settles down.

SA RS6
October 25th, 2013, 18:57
well i paid them already, so hopefully when the parts get here (told me they are coming from Kentucky) they are gonna call me to bring the car in, do the work, and give her back. They said the parts may take about 2-3 days to get here, so hopefully by Monday they will have everything to do it. I guess ill let y'all know once it all gets done, and how smooth it goes.

ps- i have not had an issue getting anyone on the phone, or getting anyone to call me back with updates.

SA RS6
October 28th, 2013, 21:14
well they never ran my card, nor did they ever order the parts. so i told them to kick rocks and ill find another place to do it. so im gonna order the stuff myself and find a shop to install them. so my question is will these fit cause i just stumbled across these for a really good price. and what do yall think of them?

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/suspension.jsp?make=ST&model=Coil-Over&group=Coil-Over&partNum=STC90026&autoMake=Audi&autoModel=A6+4.2&autoYear=2003&autoModClar (http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/suspension.jsp?make=ST&model=Coil-Over&group=Coil-Over&partNum=STC90026&autoMake=Audi&autoModel=A6+4.2&autoYear=2003&autoModClar=)=

oh and i see that it says it drop the car, will the wheel and tire combo i have now fit, its factory rims. and do i need to get new strut mounts with this kit? if so what are the best ones to go with for a good price?

audiprotn
October 28th, 2013, 22:17
Couple of oeople been running ST coilovers without complaints.
I was on the verge of getting them, but decided to go with HR ($1100 shipped).

SA RS6
November 9th, 2013, 22:27
ok well i got it done finally, went with the ST coil-overs, had DBC here in San Antonio TX install the. charged me 718 with labor and alignment. post pictures in a bit.