PDA

View Full Version : Audi All Road.....

gmbh6
November 13th, 2003, 17:57
Anyone know when changes are planned to that model?

Klint
November 13th, 2003, 18:37
Funny you mention the AllRoad. I saw one today and I liked the looks of it, although we considered it as an option when we were deciding which off roader we should get, the X5 won. But looking at the AllRoad today..wow. It's rather nice!

I never knew Audi also introduced a 4.2 V8 version and I haven't got much clue as to when it gets updated.

:cheers:

gmbh6
November 13th, 2003, 19:07
yeah it doesn't look bad at all.

the X5 is nice also.

the wife wants a porsche cayenne but the wallet may say otherwise :bang:

there's a baby on the way so we have to think about something thats safe, roomy, and dependable. :cheers:

Klint
November 13th, 2003, 19:15
A big congrats to both of you on the up coming child.

I really like the AllRoad. How long do you think the vehicle will be in use? Because there's the new A6 on it's way, what the AllRoad is based on, this comes in the next two years, so it maybe around 4 years time at the earliest for the next gen allroad to come out. I don't think there would be any serious upgrades between then and now though.

roadrunner
November 13th, 2003, 19:25
Originally posted by thcakid
Anyone know when changes are planned to that model?

never? the audi allroad will be discontinued in the near future (2-3 years, :confused: ). i don't think they will do some major upgrades at the end of the lifecycle.
it will be suceeded by the pikes peak (A7), which is basen on the VW Touareg/Porsche Cayenne platform :bow:
Maybe we will see someday a RS7 :alig:

greetings
from cold austria :cool2:
roadrunner

gmbh6
November 13th, 2003, 19:28
thanks for that klint.....it's our first :bunny2: (i have no idea what that bunny signifies......but this may be the only time i get to use it)

what i wanted to do is do an audi lease were she can turn the car in every 3 years for something else.

her drive to work is very close and she doesn't put a lot of miles on her cars (currently an A6 2.8 '99).

the salesguy said audi's 3 year deal sucks and its better to go with the 4 year........4 years seems long......i don't know.

yes we've also thought about the new A6 but what if it gets delayed? ......or maybe the glass is half-full and it will come in early.

we'll just have to be extra vigilent at this years car show.

gmbh6
November 13th, 2003, 19:30
Originally posted by roadrunner
never? the audi allroad will be discontinued in the near future (2-3 years, :confused: )...
....that's good to know thanks. :cheers:

gmbh6
November 13th, 2003, 19:33
I remember that car now....

CLICK HERE (http://www.wheels24.co.za/Wheels24/News/0,,1369-1372_1340878,00.html)

Johfra
November 16th, 2003, 16:54
First, congrats on the new addition to the family:cheers: .

We are also in a quandry about a vehivle for my wife. We have two kids, and a third row is great to have when any of my son's friend come along. Thank god our lease is up for her soccer mom car (minivan - yuck!!:byeM5: ). She's hated it since she got it, but liked the space and third row.

We would leave the keys in the ignition hoping that someone would steal it, but there were no takers.

Anyway, the Allroad would have been my choice, but she wants a third row option.

I've been leasing cars through my company for a very long time and you may want to stay away from a 4 year lease. The savings are usually not worth the length of the term. Residual drops considerably.

gmbh6
November 16th, 2003, 19:31
Originally posted by Johfra
...I've been leasing cars through my company for a very long time and you may want to stay away from a 4 year lease. The savings are usually not worth the length of the term. Residual drops considerably.
thanks for the congrats......and thanks for the tip. :cheers: