PDA

View Full Version : RS6 on Dyno Dynamics Dyno

kmartens
October 12th, 2013, 19:29
Hey all, went to a dyno day to a local shop and had the RS6 on the dyno... Thoughts? Is something wrong? I know Dyno Dynamics read low (compared to dynojet) but wasn't expecting that.

Revo tuned, gutted downpipes and milltek are performance mods.

Feedback is appreciated.
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c330/kevinmartensen/Audi%20RS6/image8.jpeg (http://s30.photobucket.com/user/kevinmartensen/media/Audi%20RS6/image8.jpeg.html)

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c330/kevinmartensen/Audi%20RS6/image7.jpeg (http://s30.photobucket.com/user/kevinmartensen/media/Audi%20RS6/image7.jpeg.html)

lswing
October 12th, 2013, 19:55
Seems off I suppose. Curves look reasonable but low, AFR is good. Was it hot, how was the cooling setup? Heat soak can rob your power. My numbers were on a weekly calibrated Mustang Dyno, 80 degree day but huge fans up front, and the WM. I'm assuming your car feels fast. What you need to do is log data with vag and see what your boost and timing are doing.

Edit; those look like stock numbers...sure you're tuned? Car is a rocket on the street right?

nistah
October 12th, 2013, 21:31
IIRC low Dyno #'s could be result of the dyne or bad N80 valve?

nistah
October 12th, 2013, 21:35
We had about 7-9 RS6's out to Moore Automotive in Fairfax VA a few years back and that was Dynojet mustang IIRC which seemed to read higher #'s across the board

G2
October 12th, 2013, 21:57
What gear(s) was it run in? Turbo's need lots of load to produce max power. The amount of innertia the dyno has (either weight and/or resistive motors) can drastically effect results. Might need to do some math using axle and trans ratios, to get accurate BHP values.

Looks like some heat soaking effects were obvious on the 3rd pull. To be expected.

My Revo tuned rs6 just about ran dead even with lswing's car (can't remember if that was before or after we lowered the boost a smidge) on the big summer wheels. Guessing the WHP is reasonably close-- yours ought to be similiar...

But if the car feels fast as it should, then try another dyno?

Otherwise, I'd agree with his comments. Keep us posted and hope it's sorted out.

10SecS4
October 12th, 2013, 22:38
Looks about right for a Revo tuned RS6 on a low reading Dyno Dynamics machine. Revo is one of the least powerful tunes for the RS6 and based on the logs/timeslip data (http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/4252-my-revo-tuned-rs6-at-california-speedway-strip) I've seen I'd say it makes only ~10-15 more peak HP than the factory tune in the RS6.

G2
October 12th, 2013, 22:56
Looks about right for a Revo tuned RS6 on a low reading Dyno Dynamics machine. Revo is one of the least powerful tunes for the RS6 and based on the logs/timeslip data (http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/4252-my-revo-tuned-rs6-at-california-speedway-strip) I've seen I'd say it makes only ~10-15 more peak HP than the factory tune in the RS6.

Just to quip in again, and perhaps that's true (details?), but there's apparently something else going on-- especially based on the 2 in our town that run about dead even (see lswing power ratings in sig.) and are far beyond the #'s in those dyno runs.

Revo states 515/500 which seems close to the other tunes at far less cost. Maybe not the most refined, however......

10SecS4
October 12th, 2013, 23:39
With all due respect, saying two RS6s that are both Revo tuned run side by side with each other doesn't prove anything relative to this debate. If both are running the same Revo tune and both are only making 10-15 more peak HP than stock then it makes sense that they'd be neck and neck in a street race.

The Dyno Dynamics dyno is notorious for being a "heart breaker" dyno and is the lowest reading chassis dynamometer in the country. Most Mustang Dynos, on the other hand, are "happy" reading dynos and with the latest software/calibration read about the same as your typical AWD Dynojet. If the OP were to dyno his RS6 on a Mustang Dyno or AWD Dynojet, I'd wager a subway token that he'd put down 400+ WHP.

Based on the data logging I performed back in 2008/2009, the Revo tune runs anemic timing and a pig rich AFR. They leave a boat load of power left on the table in their tune. A couple of RS6s have ran the 1/4 mile with a Revo tune and either trapped the same as stock (107-108 MPH) or slightly less (http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/4252-my-revo-tuned-rs6-at-california-speedway-strip). So saying the Revo tune makes ~10-15 more peak HP is me being generous. It could actually make less. That's just my best educated guess though because some stock RS6s DO trap a little less than the 108 MPH that Car & Driver and the other magazines reported (http://media.caranddriver.com/files/2003-audi-rs-6-vs-bmw-m5-jaguar-s-type-r-m-b-e55-amgdeeppocketrockets-2.pdf). And as I'm sure you might know, trap speeds are an excellent indicator of how much HP the car is actually putting down to the ground.

Just to quip in again, and perhaps that's true (details?), but there's apparently something else going on-- especially based on the 2 in our town that run about dead even (see lswing power ratings in sig.) and are far beyond the #'s in those dyno runs.

Revo states 515/500 which seems close to the other tunes at far less cost. Maybe not the most refined, however......

ttboost
October 13th, 2013, 00:17
Doesn't look right to me? TQ is scary low...Most turbo vehicles I have owned. (a lot of them) have ALWAYS made more TQ than HP? These look like stock numbers with a bad TC to me......

G2
October 13th, 2013, 00:25
Sure, I get that. That's why I referenced actual outputs: "421whp/452wtq for now." Seemed that was overlooked?

Personally, I've driven about 5 RS6's. They were all much slower-- a 15hp gain isn't anything near realistic for being Revo tuned (in my examples). My car was tuned about 2 years ago, so maybe they've made some changes over older ones? It was data logged and posted awhile back- good mixture and O2 readings from what I can tell. Conservative on timing (it's adjustable), as you mention (feel free to have a look, comment, etc). Revo, in my instance, only controls Boost and Timing, so it shouldn't be an over fuelling pig....but they leave the door open to adjust it (if someone knows how to get into the program) when logged in.

I'm sure you make a great tune and know tons, but I think things have possibly improved in the Revo camp over the years. As we know it takes a lot of properly working components to get a car down the track....and the Stig to be the consistent driver.

lswing
October 13th, 2013, 02:03

Really, you're way off man. The boost and torque increase are quite strong and very much to the numbers I've dynoed. I've dropped the tune close to stock and it's a dog, bring back boost/timing/fuel and it's a monster. I know your tune is good, but no reason posting senseless numbers like that, makes me unsure of your other statements, just saying, makes no sense man.

I know a drag time would really be the true test, but I've got a 0-100 in 10 seconds with soft launch, no WM and reduced tune, not too bad.

OP clearly has some power issues or the Dyno is off...

Edit; mentioned by G2 and us often overlooked, the car needs to be buttoned up solid all around.

lswing
October 13th, 2013, 02:05
Doesn't look right to me? TQ is scary low...Most turbo vehicles I have owned. (a lot of them) have ALWAYS made more TQ than HP? These look like stock numbers with a bad TC to me......

Yep, really odd the TQ is so low. That's why I wonder if car is tuned, looks stock to me.

10SecS4
October 13th, 2013, 03:08
Maybe as G2 said, they updated their RS6 tune. The Revo tune I logged though wasn't much faster than stock. That's consistent with the person who ran high 12's on this forum with a Revo tune and only trapped 103-107 which is a slower trap speed than a stock RS6. These are real world results so I'm not sure why you're calling them senseless numbers? If Revo changed their RS6 tune in the past few years then I stand corrected, but based on all of the evidence I've seen, it's one of the weakest RS6 tunes on the market.

Really, you're way off man. The boost and torque increase are quite strong and very much to the numbers I've dynoed. I've dropped the tune close to stock and it's a dog, bring back boost/timing/fuel and it's a monster. I know your tune is good, but no reason posting senseless numbers like that, makes me unsure of your other statements, just saying, makes no sense man.

I know a drag time would really be the true test, but I've got a 0-100 in 10 seconds with soft launch, no WM and reduced tune, not too bad.

OP clearly has some power issues or the Dyno is off...

Edit; mentioned by G2 and us often overlooked, the car needs to be buttoned up solid all around.

lswing
October 13th, 2013, 03:34
Maybe as G2 said, they updated their RS6 tune. The Revo tune I logged though wasn't much faster than stock. That's consistent with the person who ran high 12's on this forum with a Revo tune and only trapped 103-107 which is a slower trap speed than a stock RS6. These are real world results so I'm not sure why you're calling them senseless numbers? If Revo changed their RS6 tune in the past few years then I stand corrected, but based on all of the evidence I've seen, it's one of the weakest RS6 tunes on the market.

Maybe Revo had a weak tune then, or I might wonder about the other issues causing power loss, can't imagine any company releasing such a small tune. Anyhow, Revo is not without its issues, notably no fueling, but the tune has been strong the last few years from what I've seen and heard. Luckily a few of us have found piggyback fueling methods that help even more. Got to figure something is off with the OP's car or Dyno, will have to see what the response is.

10SecS4
October 13th, 2013, 03:51
Here are a couple other RS6 Dyno Dynamic threads:

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/16046-My-RS6-on-DYNO-DYNAMICS
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/audi/42764-my-rs6-dyno.html

Like I said, it's a really really low reading dyno. It's interesting though how Copper, the guy at the end of the first thread even states he thinks he's gained only about 19 HP with his Revo tune.

I know you said your car runs strong and I'm sure it does but without having tried other tunes you may just not have anything else to accurately compare it to?

kmartens
October 13th, 2013, 18:49
Thanks all for input, I am not sure was gear was dyno'd in. Weather was 65 degrees and 93% humidity. i do not believe heatsoak was issue, reason being first run was 299 and then went up to 315 second then final pull of 325. (maybe a case for dyno'er error?)

Car seems to pull hard on street but i don't have any other RS6 experience (driving or riding) to compare it to. I may be going to 1/4 mile track on Tuesday, so certainly will share those times if i am able to go on Tuesday.

Those that think it might be a boost leak issue, would that show in the curves? (which seem to look good just are low)

nene
October 13th, 2013, 18:55
Seems low to me. Either Dyno is to blame or something else not right.
Here is a picture of my Dyno run in 2005. This is a stock setup, same I run today. Never tuned.
Good luck.

http://www.htms.org/img/052005/dyno/StockRS6Dyno.jpg

lswing
October 13th, 2013, 19:35
Thanks all for input, I am not sure was gear was dyno'd in. Weather was 65 degrees and 93% humidity. i do not believe heatsoak was issue, reason being first run was 299 and then went up to 315 second then final pull of 325. (maybe a case for dyno'er error?)

Car seems to pull hard on street but i don't have any other RS6 experience (driving or riding) to compare it to. I may be going to 1/4 mile track on Tuesday, so certainly will share those times if i am able to go on Tuesday.

Those that think it might be a boost leak issue, would that show in the curves? (which seem to look good just are low)

A Ross-tech vagcom and windows laptop is invaluable for this car, certainly if you're tuned and wanting to see changes.

Also, you can buy the Revo Sps tool and check your boost and timing settings.

Which brings me to a point, you can't label a tune by brand completely. Sure I have Revo, but I can adjust the boost and timing with 9 settings for each, from stock to more than the engine can handle. Add in the ME7 fueling adjustments and I have 100's of "tunes" that I can run. The big difference between tuning companies is how those numbers are applied to the ecu (when timing, boost or fuel is applied in the rpm or load range, along with the application being a smooth or choppy curve).

Sorry to keep ranting, I do enjoy this stuff though.

Nene, your stock numbers look to be on the same type of Dyno? Puts it in perspective, seems good.

And, been in one stock rs6, but it was slow, could have been in limp mode, wonder if your car is for some reason, no boost?

ttboost
October 13th, 2013, 20:52
Mine made 317 stock on a Mustang dyno. 400 flashed. 480ish with no cats and a 6 speed. It was pulling too much timing with 20psi..as we thought it would, but we had to see. I've since put stock DP's back on (to pass emissions) and turned the boost down and the car runs almost as good. I think I am still down 20-40whp with all these cats, but overall, still feels pretty good. I probably won't make it back to the track this year, but seat of the pants says it traps mid teens...

If you are making 325whp, you will likely trap between 105-110.

kmartens
October 14th, 2013, 15:27
A Ross-tech vagcom and windows laptop is invaluable for this car, certainly if you're tuned and wanting to see changes.

Also, you can buy the Revo Sps tool and check your boost and timing settings.

Which brings me to a point, you can't label a tune by brand completely. Sure I have Revo, but I can adjust the boost and timing with 9 settings for each, from stock to more than the engine can handle. Add in the ME7 fueling adjustments and I have 100's of "tunes" that I can run. The big difference between tuning companies is how those numbers are applied to the ecu (when timing, boost or fuel is applied in the rpm or load range, along with the application being a smooth or choppy curve).

Sorry to keep ranting, I do enjoy this stuff though.

Nene, your stock numbers look to be on the same type of Dyno? Puts it in perspective, seems good.

And, been in one stock rs6, but it was slow, could have been in limp mode, wonder if your car is for some reason, no boost?

Thanks for input lswing, i do have the Revo Select Plus tool that came with car. I plan on tinkering with it today make sure the software is loaded properly. may i ask what settings you are running? (boost, timing and fuel setting)

Edit: looks like previous owner has following settings:

Revo Stock Performance
Boost: 6
Timing: 2
Fuel: 9

Setting A
Timing: 4
Fuel: 2

Setting B
Boost: 9
Timing: 5

Setting C
Boost: 9
Timing: 8

lswing
October 14th, 2013, 16:37
For starters, the fueling option doesn't actually change anything. I've got other software as myself and others have found the tune runs lean, which is to be expected.

Currently I'm running 4 boost which yields about 14-15 psi in my testing. Running 5 timing, which under full boost and load keeps my timing around 7-9 degrees with good AFR. I'm also adding 10% more fuel under load. I'll make seasonal changes depending.

A safe(er) setting would be 3, 3, but that also depends on all other aspects of the car. Logging data helps a ton.

DHall1
October 14th, 2013, 16:41
Yep,

Running any tune without proper Vagcom data logs is like playing with fire. Dont do it. These are 10yr old cars with miles all over the place and who knows what monkey wrench has touched them.

Baseline data log to make sure all systems are performing at spec. Stock

Then tune.

Then recheck data log to make sure tune specs are providing enough fuel, not too much boost and proper timing.

Done.

Dont learn the hard way because even the best tune can blow any motor that has a simple vac line leaking from the N75 valve. Or dont assume any car is stock when in fact its ready to blow up from a crap tune. My #2 was my lesson learned and #1 and 3 have been perfect when I followed the above steps.

lswing
October 14th, 2013, 16:51
Yep,

Running any tune without proper Vagcom data logs is like playing with fire. Dont do it. These are 10yr old cars with miles all over the place and who knows what monkey wrench has touched them.

Baseline data log to make sure all systems are performing at spec. Stock

Then tune.

Then recheck data log to make sure tune specs are providing enough fuel, not too much boost and proper timing.

Done.

Dont learn the hard way because even the best tune can blow any motor that has a simple vac line leaking from the N75 valve. Or dont assume any car is stock when in fact its ready to blow up from a crap tune. My #2 was my lesson learned and #1 and 3 have been perfect when I followed the above steps.

That about sums it up...

kmartens
October 14th, 2013, 17:16
Thanks guys for the info/lessons learned. Will load the stock tune and get baseline. Then probably try the default performance tune from revo log and work from there.

lswing
October 14th, 2013, 18:29
Sounds good. Just a note, for me 6 boost hit 18-19 psi, resulting in a quick hit of boost quickly which feels fun, but then tapering off quickly and timing pulled to 0 and bouncing around as the ecu prevents knock, also a hot and lean condition for the engine. Each ride is a bit different I figure and a data log will tel the truth.

Temperature makes a big difference also, you can get away with more boost if you're in a cool climate, denser air.

kmartens
October 16th, 2013, 16:18
Well is this what a stock timeslip should look like? (supposedly it's Revo OOTB Performance setting, doesnt appear to be working) 70 degrees outside, this was best run. Vag-Com gets here tomorrow for some logging... stay tuned

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c330/kevinmartensen/Audi%20RS6/photo2.jpg (http://s30.photobucket.com/user/kevinmartensen/media/Audi%20RS6/photo2.jpg.html)

10SecS4
October 16th, 2013, 16:52
That's about the same as a stock RS6 or slightly slower. Even though your MPH is consistent with audirs6sport's Revo RS6 which trapped 103.26 on one run (http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/4252-my-revo-tuned-rs6-at-california-speedway-strip), I do believe your RS6 has an issue. I say this because MIR is perhaps the fastest track in the country and I think you should definitely be in at least the mid to high 12's there. I'd definitely check for codes, data log the car (overall timing/requested vs actual boost, etc) and post the logs so we can take a look.

Well is this what a stock timeslip should look like? (supposedly it's Revo OOTB Performance setting, doesnt appear to be working) 70 degrees outside, this was best run. Vag-Com gets here tomorrow for some logging... stay tuned

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c330/kevinmartensen/Audi%20RS6/photo2.jpg (http://s30.photobucket.com/user/kevinmartensen/media/Audi%20RS6/photo2.jpg.html)

makaveli42
October 16th, 2013, 18:08

took me a tune and straight piped exhaust to get out of the 13s. But stock my trap was 107-108

lswing
October 16th, 2013, 18:22
When you plug in your Revo SPS and read the ECU settings, what are they?

ttboost
October 16th, 2013, 21:59
Looks about right. Mine stock, ran a best of 13.27 at 105..with a bad TC.14241

kmartens
October 16th, 2013, 23:26
When you plug in your Revo SPS and read the ECU settings, what are they? Just have been using the select plus tool to load tune. have not hooked up to car yet. may try tonight if have time

rwheelz
October 16th, 2013, 23:34
For the dyno run, what compensation factor was used? The dyno operator can tell you this. Also, what was the elevation?

kmartens
October 17th, 2013, 00:48
When you plug in your Revo SPS and read the ECU settings, what are they?
See below:

Timing: 3

kmartens
October 17th, 2013, 00:50
For the dyno run, what compensation factor was used? The dyno operator can tell you this. Also, what was the elevation?

Not sure i would need to ask the shop that did dyno. Not sure of elevation, but address is Ptuning @ 9432 Center Point Ln, Manassas, VA 20110, not sure how to get elevation

hahnmgh63
October 17th, 2013, 01:04
With the old Revo tune my car definitely had higher boost and more power than stock but it did run a little lean, I would have never run it on the track with extended boost runs. It didn't have very aggressive timing. If you adjust the Revo with Lemmiwinks for more fuel it does better, but a little more timing would do better too.

lswing
October 17th, 2013, 02:26
See below:

Timing: 3

Well the tune is there at least, glad to see that. 6 setting is a bit much boost (~17psi) which can run lean. If the car feels fast maybe the Dyno was off. Did you do pulls in third gear? Interested to see your logs once you get them.

makaveli42
October 17th, 2013, 03:13
Looks about right. Mine stock, ran a best of 13.27 at 105..with a bad TC.14241

i can't get a 1.9 60' with a good TC!!!!

10SecS4
October 17th, 2013, 03:49
The dyno reads low but that's not the problem. His 1/4 mile time and trap speed are as slow or slower than a stock RS6. It's hard to say if the Revo tune is really that weak or if his car has an issue. That's why you need to get to the dragstrip with yours. :incar:

Well the tune is there at least, glad to see that. 6 setting is a bit much boost (~17psi) which can run lean. If the car feels fast maybe the Dyno was off. Did you do pulls in third gear? Interested to see your logs once you get them.

10SecS4
October 17th, 2013, 03:52
How are you launching it? ESP off or on? What RPM are you leaving at? Are you brake torquing it off the line?

i can't get a 1.9 60' with a good TC!!!!

lswing
October 17th, 2013, 04:23
The dyno reads low but that's not the problem. His 1/4 mile time and trap speed are as slow or slower than a stock RS6. It's hard to say if the Revo tune is really that weak or if his car has an issue. That's why you need to get to the dragstrip with yours. :incar:

The tune for him cannot be that weak, assuming it actually is affecting the car, he's barely at stock on dyno or the strip. There's no point dogging the Revo tune because something is off. Imagine if your tune was on a car with a boost leak or clogged fuel filter/bad plugs and the user complained it was slow, just saying...

I know the strip gives a real deal result, but the RS6 is massively faster as I have it tuned. And the car is very well sorted.

I can tell you that it was making my brothers 500hp V10 M5 feel a bit slow...that was until the ECS supercharger kit with WM put it into the low to mid 600's, now that is a mean car from the 60-150 range!

I'll go to the strip, you post a data log, I've never seen one from your tune and it would be interesting to see the EGT's and timing. I'm assuming the IDC's will be very high, but wonder if you're maxing them at 100%. More technical interest more than anything...

kmartens
October 17th, 2013, 11:28
Any tips for when I do logging tonight? Never used vag com before for logging. I have looked on online manual a bit yesterday but wasn't clear how to get to logging module. Anyone have or seen a step by step for this?

thanks,
kevin

lswing
October 17th, 2013, 15:15
Any tips for when I do logging tonight? Never used vag com before for logging. I have looked on online manual a bit yesterday but wasn't clear how to get to logging module. Anyone have or seen a step by step for this?

thanks,
kevin

Always start by going to Options, Test, Save.

Select Control Module, then Engine, then Measuring Blocks. A few other details with saving to a log file, location.

Use 3-timing, 112-egt, 115-boost, for starters. 31-lambda can be added in another time, reads the front O2 for fueling. Not the most accurate sensor though, really need a wideband to fine tune. EGT reading is a more direct gauge for the fuel/air mixture.

To upload a log here, trim out all the extra tables. Save as webpage from excel. Open in a browser and select with cursor, then paste into a post here.

kmartens
October 18th, 2013, 00:12
Always start by going to Options, Test, Save.

Select Control Module, then Engine, then Measuring Blocks. A few other details with saving to a log file, location.

Use 3-timing, 112-egt, 115-boost, for starters. 31-lambda can be added in another time, reads the front O2 for fueling. Not the most accurate sensor though, really need a wideband to fine tune. EGT reading is a more direct gauge for the fuel/air mixture.

To upload a log here, trim out all the extra tables. Save as webpage from excel. Open in a browser and select with cursor, then paste into a post here.

Having trouble at last step, i have in webpage but when i copy and post in a reply is just a bunch of numbers jumbled up.. please advise on what doing wrong. Or if anyone can help PM me your email and will just email it.

btw, think there is def something wrong with car :(

makaveli42
October 18th, 2013, 00:53
Save to a file then upload the file maybe?

kmartens
October 18th, 2013, 00:58
Thursday 17 October 2013 18:49:40:0 VCDS Version: Data version: 20130910
4D1 907 558 D 4.2l V8/5VT G 0003
Group A: '112 Group B: '115 Group C: '003
Exhaust G Enrichme Exhaust G Enrichment Factor Engine Sp Engine Lo Boost Pressure Boost Pressure Engine Sp Mass Air Flow Throttle Valve A Ignition
TIME Temp. Ba Sensor Ba Temp. Ba Sensor Bank 2 TIME (G28) (specified) (actual) TIME (G28) (G70 + G246) Timing Angle
Marker STAMP °C % °C % STAMP /min % mbar mbar STAMP /min g/s % °BTDC
0.34 365 0 350 0 0 680 27.1 990 1000 0.17 680 8.64 2.4 8.3
0.84 365 0 350 0 0.5 680 27.1 990 1000 0.67 680 8.56 2.4 9
1.34 365 0 350 0 1 680 27.1 990 1000 1.17 680 8.39 2 10.5
1.84 365 0 350 0 1.5 680 27.1 990 1010 1.67 680 8.5 2 10.5
2.35 365 0 350 0 2.01 680 27.1 990 1000 2.17 680 8.53 2.4 9.8
2.84 365 0 350 0 2.51 680 27.1 990 1000 2.67 680 8.53 2.4 7.5
3.34 365 0 350 0 3.01 760 45.9 1230 980 3.17 1240 41.39 60 15
3.84 365 0 350 0 3.51 1880 61.7 990 1020 3.68 1840 48.83 14.5 27.8
4.36 365 0 350 0 4.01 1800 49.6 990 1070 4.18 1800 45.75 13.3 28.5
4.87 380 0 360 0 4.53 2040 57.9 990 1080 4.7 2160 60.22 16.1 30
5.38 390 0 365 0 5.04 2280 59.4 990 1120 5.21 2240 65.28 16.9 15.8
5.88 400 0 375 0 5.54 2120 66.2 1010 1160 5.71 2120 64 16.9 27.8
6.38 415 0 390 0 6.04 2200 68.4 1060 1170 6.21 2240 73.72 18 27
6.88 425 0 395 0 6.55 2400 74.4 1100 1210 6.71 2440 88.17 20 25.5
7.4 445 0 415 0 7.05 2600 78.9 1110 1260 7.23 2640 95.47 20.4 26.3
7.91 455 0 430 0 7.57 2720 79.7 1160 1280 7.74 2720 99.53 21.6 26.3
8.41 470 0 445 0 8.08 2880 86.5 1290 1280 8.24 2960 118.14 25.9 25.5
8.91 485 0 460 0 8.58 3120 88 1150 1300 8.75 3160 121.53 24.7 27
9.43 505 0 475 0 9.08 3320 85.7 1220 1290 9.25 3400 133.89 26.3 27.8
9.94 520 0 495 0 9.6 3520 75.2 990 1320 9.77 3560 110.78 20 30.8
10.45 540 0 505 0 10.11 3520 67.7 990 1290 10.28 3280 105.83 19.6 12
10.95 555 0 520 0 10.61 2520 47.4 990 1250 10.78 2440 21.08 7.1 22.5
11.45 570 0 535 0 11.11 2400 18.8 990 1100 11.28 2400 12.94 3.9 16.5
11.97 575 0 540 0 11.63 2320 13.5 990 1050 11.8 2280 13.92 3.9 9.8
12.48 575 0 545 0 12.14 2200 12.8 990 1030 12.31 2200 13.61 3.9 1.5
12.98 570 0 545 0 12.64 2160 13.5 990 1020 12.81 2160 13.44 3.9 0.8
13.48 560 0 535 0 13.15 2120 13.5 990 1020 13.31 2080 12.75 3.9 0.8
13.98 550 0 525 0 13.65 2040 14.3 990 1020 13.82 2000 13.53 3.9 0.8
14.5 540 0 515 0 14.15 1960 14.3 990 1020 14.33 1960 13.19 3.9 -0.8
15.01 535 0 510 0 14.67 1960 13.5 990 1020 14.84 1960 12.83 3.9 40.5
15.51 525 0 500 0 15.18 1960 17.3 990 1010 15.35 2000 23.5 7.1 39
16.02 520 0 495 0 15.68 1960 21.1 990 1010 15.85 1920 12.58 3.5 15.8
16.53 515 0 490 0 16.18 1840 13.5 990 1010 16.35 1840 11.64 3.5 17.3
17.02 510 0 485 0 16.69 1760 13.5 990 1010 16.85 1720 12.11 3.5 -3
17.52 510 0 485 0 17.18 1720 15 990 1010 17.35 1640 11.94 3.5 -3
18.02 505 0 480 0 17.69 1520 15 990 1010 17.85 1480 10.61 3.1 -4.5
18.54 495 0 470 0 18.19 1840 14.3 990 1010 18.37 2120 13.47 3.9 0
19.05 490 0 465 0 18.71 2120 13.5 990 1010 18.88 2080 13.14 3.9 0.8
19.55 480 0 455 0 19.22 1960 14.3 990 1010 19.39 1920 13.47 3.9 -0.8
20.05 475 0 450 0 19.72 1840 15 990 1010 19.89 1800 12.5 3.9 -2.3
20.57 470 0 445 0 20.22 1720 15 990 1010 20.39 1680 11.97 3.5 -3
21.08 460 0 440 0 20.74 1560 15 990 1010 20.91 1520 10.81 3.1 -3.8
21.6 455 0 435 0 21.25 1400 15 990 1010 21.42 1320 9.31 2.4 -6
22.11 450 0 430 0 21.77 1280 15 990 1010 21.94 1240 11.67 4.3 19.5
22.62 445 0 425 0 22.28 1320 17.3 990 1010 22.45 1320 14.92 5.9 29.3
23.12 440 0 420 0 22.78 1520 42.9 990 1000 22.95 1720 44.36 14.1 28.5
23.62 440 0 420 0 23.29 1960 57.1 990 1030 23.45 2000 57.75 16.5 29.3
24.12 445 0 420 0 23.79 2160 63.2 1000 1090 23.95 2200 66.69 18 28.5
24.64 450 0 425 0 24.29 2320 66.9 990 1150 24.47 2360 69.97 17.3 28.5
25.15 465 0 435 0 24.81 2520 82 1440 1190 24.98 2600 130.19 87.5 21
25.65 470 0 445 0 25.32 2800 112 1620 1440 25.48 2920 149.81 100 13.5
26.16 490 0 460 0 25.82 3120 113.5 1620 1390 25.99 3240 165.39 100 16.5
26.66 510 0 480 0 26.32 3480 112 1590 1370 26.49 3560 182.69 100 16.5
27.16 530 0 490 0 26.82 3800 115.8 1570 1370 26.99 3920 207.19 100 16.5
27.66 555 0 525 0 27.32 4120 117.3 1570 1360 27.49 4200 223.19 100 16.5
28.16 575 0 540 0 27.81 4440 118 1600 1360 27.99 4560 242.94 100 18
28.66 595 0 560 0 28.33 4800 118.8 1620 1380 28.49 4880 262.42 100 15.8
29.16 615 0 575 0 28.83 5120 121.1 1590 1370 28.99 5200 285.97 100 17.3
29.68 630 0 595 0 29.33 5440 121.1 1630 1370 29.5 5560 300.69 100 17.3
30.19 650 0 620 0 29.85 5760 122.6 1660 1400 30.01 5880 339.75 100 16.5
30.7 670 0 640 0 30.36 6080 131.6 1660 1520 30.54 6160 364.08 100 16.5
31.22 690 0 655 0 30.88 6320 137.6 1670 1620 31.05 5640 364.08 99.6 -5.3
31.73 715 0 680 0 31.39 4640 150.4 1630 1850 31.57 4640 271.14 48.2 12.8
32.23 740 0 705 0 31.9 4560 33.1 990 1520 32.06 4600 26.11 5.5 39.8
32.73 755 0 725 0 32.4 4480 13.5 990 1130 32.57 4480 26.69 7.8 4.5
33.22 755 0 730 0 32.9 4440 12 990 1080 33.06 4400 23.28 6.7 5.3
33.73 755 0 730 0 33.39 4320 11.3 990 1060 33.56 4320 22.5 6.7 5.3
34.25 750 0 720 0 33.9 4240 11.3 990 1050 34.07 4200 20.67 6.3 5.3
34.75 735 0 710 0 34.41 4160 11.3 990 1040 34.57 4160 20.06 5.9 5.3
35.26 720 0 700 0 34.92 4120 10.5 990 1040 35.09 4080 20.11 5.9 5.3
35.76 705 0 685 0 35.42 4040 10.5 990 1040 35.58 4040 19.69 5.9 5.3
36.28 690 0 675 0 35.93 4000 10.5 990 1030 36.11 4000 19.33 5.9 5.3
36.79 680 0 660 0 36.45 3960 9.8 990 1030 36.62 3920 18.53 5.5 4.5
37.29 665 0 645 0 36.96 3920 9.8 990 1030 37.13 3880 17.81 5.1 4.5
37.81 655 0 635 0 37.46 3840 9.8 990 1030 37.63 3840 17.47 5.1 4.5
38.32 650 0 620 0 37.98 3800 9.8 990 1030 38.15 3760 17.44 5.1 4.5
38.84 640 0 610 0 38.49 3760 9.8 990 1020 38.66 3720 16.69 5.1 4.5
39.35 625 0 600 0 39.01 3720 9.8 990 1020 39.18 3680 17 5.1 4.5
39.85 620 0 590 0 39.52 3640 9.8 990 1020 39.69 3640 16.97 5.1 4.5
40.36 610 0 580 0 40.02 3600 9.8 990 1020 40.19 3600 16.25 5.1 4.5
40.88 600 0 570 0 40.54 3560 9.8 990 1020 40.7 3520 16.22 4.7 4.5
41.39 590 0 565 0 41.05 3520 9.8 990 1020 41.21 3480 15.92 4.7 3.8
41.91 585 0 555 0 41.57 3440 9.8 990 1020 41.74 3440 15.69 4.7 3.8
42.42 575 0 550 0 42.08 3400 9.8 990 1020 42.25 3400 15.28 4.7 3.8
42.93 570 0 545 0 42.6 3360 9.8 990 1020 42.76 3320 15.25 4.7 3.8

kmartens
October 18th, 2013, 00:59
^ not sure if that helps/works...

makaveli42
October 18th, 2013, 01:00
How are you launching it? ESP off or on? What RPM are you leaving at? Are you brake torquing it off the line?

Esp off and in S mode, tried the duck foot thing but nothing? I'd gas and it's stall around 2200-2300 and it's start creeping me foward (so I know the boost was building) but never felt a hard launch and never get a 1.9 60'. Freshly revealed ICs too and logs look great as far as I was told

lswing
October 18th, 2013, 01:18
Having trouble at last step, i have in webpage but when i copy and post in a reply is just a bunch of numbers jumbled up.. please advise on what doing wrong. Or if anyone can help PM me your email and will just email it.

btw, think there is def something wrong with car :(

Super tough to read, but maybe boost leak, your egt's are nice and chilly, need to warm them up...seems like a hot good tune will be into the 800's, and hot is a bad thing, it just seems like there could be more power there for sure.

Also, log in turbo mode, way more frequent and required basically, there's a box to check up top in the screen where you select what areas to log.

Ok, so you export from Excel and have a web page right. Open that with a browser, you should see a nice table? Select the table and everything right there on the screen, then post that into your post here. I think it looks kinda screwed up at first, but post it anyhow to see. If it's bad you can just edit or delete the post.

kmartens
October 18th, 2013, 01:24
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c330/kevinmartensen/Audi%20RS6/photo3.jpg (http://s30.photobucket.com/user/kevinmartensen/media/Audi%20RS6/photo3.jpg.html)

ttboost
October 18th, 2013, 01:25
Looks like .5 to .6bar max boost? MASSIVE boost leak or it's in limp mode. Does it take off OK, then lay over? Does it buck and fart? Try disconnecting your battery for 15 seconds.

kmartens
October 18th, 2013, 01:34
Looks like .5 to .6bar max boost? MASSIVE boost leak or it's in limp mode. Does it take off OK, then lay over? Does it buck and fart? Try disconnecting your battery for 15 seconds.

does above picture help? Car feels normal from what i can tell, just slowish

So if boost leak.... where to start looking and testing? I have a warranty, wish i could just drop it off and tell them i have a boost leak...

hahnmgh63
October 18th, 2013, 02:28
I forgot but how long have you had the car? Wonder if you have ever felt normal Boost? Way low on Boost but the requested is also low. Revo with setting 6 should be requesting over 2000MB. The Boost is in Absolute pressure, so 1013.2MB is normal sea level pressure. So roughly 2026MB is a 14.7psi of boost above atmospheric pressure.

kmartens
October 18th, 2013, 02:59
I forgot but how long have you had the car? Wonder if you have ever felt normal Boost? Way low on Boost but the requested is also low. Revo with setting 6 should be requesting over 2000MB. The Boost is in Absolute pressure, so 1013.2MB is normal sea level pressure. So roughly 2026MB is a 14.7psi of boost above atmospheric pressure.

Have had the car since early June. Car feels same power since day I got it, but I rarely really get on it so maybe I just cant tell. Any suggestions on quick places to check for boost leak? besides DV's (which are stratmosphere so doubt that is issue, but will check)

ttboost
October 18th, 2013, 03:25
does above picture help? Car feels normal from what i can tell, just slowish

So if boost leak.... where to start looking and testing? I have a warranty, wish i could just drop it off and tell them i have a boost leak...

Pretty easy to see and hear a boost leak. Do you have somewhere you can drive, next to a wall or jersey barrier..or a fence? You will hear the loudest hiss you ever heard under boost. Check your upper IC hoses..pretty easy to see...maybe use a small mirror to see underneath the clamps. Jack the car up, remove the diaper and check the hoses underneath...very easy to see those from underneath.

lswing
October 18th, 2013, 03:52
Yep, missing plenty of boost. Smoke test to find leaks. As mentioned, requested boost is low, like stock. Limp mode preventing the tune from working? Warranty? Take it in and tell them to fix it...once you get it sorted you'll really like the car!

hahnmgh63
October 18th, 2013, 03:59
If it is in Limp mode and you have Vagcom there will be a code. Clearing the code will also take it out of Limp mode but it may go back in quickly if it is something like an overboost condition. Vagcom can be a troubleshooting savior.

makaveli42
October 18th, 2013, 04:11
Have had the car since early June. Car feels same power since day I got it, but I rarely really get on it so maybe I just cant tell. Any suggestions on quick places to check for boost leak? besides DV's (which are stratmosphere so doubt that is issue, but will check)

Check the ICs. Mine would hold more than 3 psi. $15 in Jb weld later and they held 25psi steadily!

4everRS
October 18th, 2013, 04:20
What gear is this log done in?

is it in Turbo mode?

lswing
October 18th, 2013, 05:03
Good point, 3rd gear pull please. And turbo mode for logging needed...we know the car's not in turbo mode...

kmartens
October 18th, 2013, 18:29
<tbody>
Engine Speed
Boost Pressure
Boost Pressure
Throttle Valve Angle

(G28)
(specified)
(actual)

/min
mbar
mbar
%

</tbody>

lswing
October 18th, 2013, 18:50
Thanks, nice and clean! Car is not tuned and you have boost leak (doesn't look horrid actually) in hoses or IC's as discussed I would say.

Your requested boost is at stock level, basically 8-9psi. If you were running Revo set at 6 your specified would be at ~2,200mbar, roughly....it's odd for sure that your Revo software on the laptop says you're set at 6 when you read the ECU though. Can't figure it's mechanical for the specified, I think that's all ECU, odd...

kmartens
October 18th, 2013, 19:17
Thanks, nice and clean! Car is not tuned and you have boost leak (doesn't look horrid actually) in hoses or IC's as discussed I would say.

Your requested boost is at stock level, basically 8-9psi. If you were running Revo set at 6 your specified would be at ~2,200mbar, roughly....it's odd for sure that your Revo software on the laptop says you're set at 6 when you read the ECU though. Can't figure it's mechanical for the specified, I think that's all ECU, odd...

Thanks, figured out it was browser issue why i couldn't post logs clean (doesnt work on chrome, works on firefox). Also, just double check getting ECU setting from REVO still 6,3,2... now on to the hunt for boost leak... will check intercooler hoses, intercooler and DVs later, if not tomorrow. could it also be the vacuum lines or bad MAF? (no codes though for MAF)

lswing
October 18th, 2013, 19:53
Smoke test is best from what I know, my shop has quickly diagnosed any issues, boost or vacuum. Do you know who originally flashed the ECU? Maybe needs to be done again? You could take Revo down to 1,1,1 and see if it changes.

4everRS
October 18th, 2013, 22:16
Looks stock to me. I would call that boost leak bad. I would say to stay out off the boost too much before it's figured out. The Ecu is telling those turbos to spin faster and faster to try to compensate for not hitting the target boost number. This wears on them more. Get the car jacked up, take off the pan and inspect the hoses. If they're tight, look at the IC's. If there's oil residue in the corners, they need to be fixed or replaced.

na1mt
October 19th, 2013, 00:57
Doesn't really matter what the dyno reads......low, high it's all indifferent. There are two sets of numbers that matter....the baseline and then the final number after upgrades.

kmartens
December 24th, 2013, 13:08
<tbody>
Engine Sp
Engine Lo
Boost Pre
Boost Pressure

(G28)

(specified
(actual)

/min
%
mbar
mbar

</tbody>

kmartens
December 24th, 2013, 13:10
^thoughts please, not sure much different than before, supposed to be stock tune

lswing
December 24th, 2013, 18:45
Stock tune boost levels, seems to take the actual a while to catch up. I would say small boost leak, but minimal, maybe ICs leaking? You had work done?

lswing
December 24th, 2013, 18:50
Your numbers are much closer than last month. You were a few hundred apart before, this is much better...

Noticed how your requested boost is lower this time, could be ambient temp, that's what I've experienced.

kmartens
December 24th, 2013, 18:56
Yes, car was just torn down and put back together for a rear main seal leak (on warranty company). I had a worn coolant line and the bufkin pipe installed while everything was out. Also, had tech look over everything else, Turbos are in excellent shape as are all vac lines and boost hoses, etc. Engine is clean and in excellent shape overall, couldn't believe how clean it all was for a 10 year old car. Leak must be from ICs... time to replace those :) (these were my only concern).

DHall1
December 24th, 2013, 19:44
I doubt a leaking intercooler is your only problem.

It is clearly not the reason why such a low boost number is requested. Even if this is stock tune....a small IC leak would not leak that much. Numbers don't add up. The requested number is even a tad low for stock.

Pull the neg battery cable. Wait 5 min. Put it back on. Go out and data log 3,31,115.

Report findings. This will take you 20 minutes topps. It would be nice to see what a fresh reset log looks like.

lswing
December 24th, 2013, 22:05
I doubt a leaking intercooler is your only problem.

It is clearly not the reason why such a low boost number is requested. Even if this is stock tune....a small IC leak would not leak that much. Numbers don't add up. The requested number is even a tad low for stock.

Pull the neg battery cable. Wait 5 min. Put it back on. Go out and data log 3,31,115.

Report findings. This will take you 20 minutes topps. It would be nice to see what a fresh reset log looks like.

1590mbar is 8.55 psi, which is stock boost, seems fine to me. 0 boost when logging is 1000 mbar...