PDA

View Full Version : off topic... sorry

FJC711
October 4th, 2013, 14:42
Any q7 owners? Looking to give my rs6 a little company in the garage. Looking at 2008-2009 models with semi low miles. anything to look for? Im not seeing any activity on the Q7 portion of this board.Thanks!

Dmb408
October 4th, 2013, 15:16
i have a Cayenne S, and have gotten a couple Q7 loaners over the years, i like em, for me the interior styling is not as sporty as the Cayenne, which i think is apparent when you look at them side by side

Dmb408
October 4th, 2013, 15:18
to finish that thought, i'd go for the diesel Touraeg

FJC711
October 4th, 2013, 15:39
like an 07 with a v10 perhaps? that would be nice. :)

DHall1
October 4th, 2013, 16:09
We are currently looking to replace our supercharged LX470 with another suv/avant.

My service advisor at Audi said to stay away from the Q7 as the maint costs can be high. Eats tires and brakes and the a/c is weak. Also you dont have much engine choice on those years. I'm not a fan of that gen of the 4.2 but the TDI Q7 would be ok if you need the size.

For the price of a used Q7 you could opt for a newer Touraeg TDI. That would be my first choice.

If the price point can rise then consider the new Q5 TDI or SQ5. That is where we are at this point. SQ5

Drive a 3.0T before you decide....it may change your mind.

Any q7 owners? Looking to give my rs6 a little company in the garage. Looking at 2008-2009 models with semi low miles. anything to look for? Im not seeing any activity on the Q7 portion of this board.Thanks!

hahnmgh63
October 4th, 2013, 17:03
If you want sport, and I mean sporty, then the Cayenne Turbo is the only choice. If you want efficient and still great Torque, then the Q7, Touareg, and Cayenne 3.0T is a great choice. Owners of the Diesels are getting better than the EPA listed MPG's. Remember, the Cayenne and Touareg are the same chassis, the Q7 is the same but stretched just over 4 inches. They can all be finicky and have their issues, their German. Q7 has a little more room and has the option of the 3rd row, Touareg is a little cheaper than the other two, the Cayenne is the sportier (Porsche does it's own suspension work) and in my opinion the best interior but for the most part the most expensive.

ttboost
October 5th, 2013, 00:38
Yep..we bought a 2012 TDI Touareg last November...LOVE IT! Getting mixed 28mpg...(mostly backroads though). 30-32 hwy. Got all the bells and whistles wifey wanted...and was quite a little cheaper than a Q7 at the time. Plus with VW's 0% for 6yrs...(at the time) no brainer...

DHall1
October 5th, 2013, 01:11
Great minds tend to think ....well, perfect example
Yep..we bought a 2012 TDI Touareg last November...LOVE IT! Getting mixed 28mpg...(mostly backroads though). 30-32 hwy. Got all the bells and whistles wifey wanted...and was quite a little cheaper than a Q7 at the time. Plus with VW's 0% for 6yrs...(at the time) no brainer...

ttboost
October 5th, 2013, 02:47
Great minds tend to think ....well, perfect example

Exactly..say no more...

Korben007
October 5th, 2013, 16:50
I also heard the same issues about the Q7 from my dealer tech. I personally would do touareg TDI or the cayenne. My wife wants a Q7 but its just to ugly to buy. The second gen will out soon maybe that will change my mind. Being they are all close to the same size and use. Do you want the more efficient TDI or more sporty cayenne. I guess the Q7 does a nice job of splitting it down the middle but for me it a blah car that cant justify its price over the vw. Where I think the touareg has a much better cool factor. Especially if you can find one of the rare '04 i think it was V10 TDI. Now thats a sweet car!

DHall1
October 6th, 2013, 07:30
I may have driven the vehicle tonight.

My guy at the local dealer calls. Just got a TDI Q5 Sline and I stopped by to take it for a spin.

Super drive if its got the sport additions. Sline gives you a ton of suspension adjustment and the right wheels, the dynamic driver select program which is a must. Sport package is steering wheel and seats...another must.

It is a great vehicle. White is not for me and after looking at color options the Daytona Gray is avail if you opt for the above Sline package. This is great because Daytona is not avail on the SQ5.

Daytona Q5 TDI with all the sport packages is the winner. Now to find one.

ttboost
October 6th, 2013, 13:03
Yup..same vehicle..different clothes...good luck in your hunt..you will not be dissapointed...

October 7th, 2013, 03:43
I wanted a companion for my RS6....I got her another RS6....

DHall1
October 7th, 2013, 07:19
Wait for it....can it be that I have two RS6s in the garage and both transmissions are working? And there is nothing wrong with them?

I wanted a companion for my RS6....I got her another RS6....

ttboost
October 7th, 2013, 11:36
Wait for it....can it be that I have two RS6s in the garage and both transmissions are working? And there is nothing wrong with them?

It's a fluke....wait for it....