PDA

View Full Version : 904952 is going to be auctioned tomorrow

kvicen
October 2nd, 2013, 21:35
I bought this car four months ago fro a Manheim auction in Pittsburgh. I had a post sale inspection done on the car after I bought it by the auction and it passed. It took a week to get down to Texas. As soon as I drove it I noticed the transmission was slipping. I took it to Audi for a inspection and sure enough the tranny was bad. They gave me a quote of $8900 to replace. That was my dealer price. I called the auction and told them what the problem was and after they inspected it again they purchased the car back from me. So it is finally going back through the auction tomorrow at Manheim DFW Auto Auction. They did a pre-sale inspection on it this time and are mentioning the bad transmission and somehow it has Frame damage now. It's kind of funny how they didn't catch that when I paid them for my inspection. Any way I'm just posting this in case someone was looking at it and was thinking about purchasing it. It would have to be cheap to be worth buying.

Korben007
October 3rd, 2013, 00:02
So how do we get in on the auction?

October 3rd, 2013, 01:54
I'm glad I'm easily distracted by login info.....I don't need Thing 3....thanks Manheim!

kvicen
October 3rd, 2013, 02:37
You have to be a licensed auto dealer to bid on the car. If you are a dealer you also have to be registered with Manheim.

alrightroad
October 3rd, 2013, 02:55
RNS-E still in the car as far as you know?

kvicen
October 3rd, 2013, 03:22
No it was not in there when I had it.

Jaquarda
October 3rd, 2013, 13:26
So are you without an RS6 now? Is 904952 the one you've been driving lately?

kvicen
October 3rd, 2013, 14:05
No I still driving my Avus silver RS6. 904952 is another car that I purchased back in June and had for a few days. The auction purchased it back from me because of the bad transmission. It has been sitting at the auction this whole time waiting to be sold again. I have been wat hing and waiting this whole time to try and repurchase it at a discount knowing that I will have to put a rebuilt tranny in it. But know it has frame damage also so I am going to pass.

kvicen
October 3rd, 2013, 17:39
It brought $12,800 on a call. Which means the reserve price was not met. So the seller can sell it, counter offer with a different price, or cancel the sale. Won't know until later.

MaxRS6
October 3rd, 2013, 18:33
No I still driving my Avus silver RS6. ....

I vote "Change dat Avatar"...;0

kvicen
October 3rd, 2013, 18:48
Lol. I will get right on it. That means I have to clean the car and get some new pictures and figure out how to post them again. BTW I like your new wheels.0

MaxRS6
October 3rd, 2013, 19:10
^Thanks- I look forward to you seeing them in person when we see each other again. TTW is running a special on alignments and corner balancing this month by the way..

http://www.trackjunkies.org/topic/3021-texas-track-works-is-offering-alignments-for-50-off-in-october/#entry48372

kvicen
October 3rd, 2013, 19:21
I found that out yesterday. I bought a Miata that is supercharged. So I took it up there so that they could inspect it and give me ideas on what I should do to track it. They are very nice and knowledgable guys to work with. I'm going to MSR Sunday the 13th.

MaxRS6
October 3rd, 2013, 19:34
^Big congrats and I'll see you on the 13th at MSRC- I am there Saturday and Sunday. I look forward to hearing your comments on the Miata rocket.

kvicen
October 3rd, 2013, 22:35
I was mistaken. The Audi brought $12,300 and it ended it selling. Cheap price but a expensive bill to fix it.

MaxRS6
October 3rd, 2013, 23:12
.... I'm going to MSR Sunday the 13th.

Are you going to MSRH or MSRC? I assumed Cresson but.....

kvicen
October 4th, 2013, 07:24
Cressen.

kvicen
October 9th, 2013, 20:33
My Avatar is changed. What a hassle that was. I rarely post any pictures so I have to relearn how each time. I also managed to have the rear end of my old car in the picture with the new car. Ha Ha.

MaxRS6
October 9th, 2013, 21:32
^LOL----see ya in a few days.