PDA

View Full Version : quick qs

iriver
November 11th, 2003, 23:40
hey yall,

it wasn't till my friends were talking about how good audi was that i finally figured how that audi's rs6 is better than m5. im still in college now trying to pay off my tuition...but just wondered how much money do you guys spend on the rs6....hehe so i can chose my major. lease or cash? how old are yall? dont wish to be snobby but just want to get a realistic idea so i can plan ahead

Ra5a
November 12th, 2003, 03:04
Originally posted by iriver
hey yall,

it wasn't till my friends were talking about how good audi was that i finally figured how that audi's rs6 is better than m5. im still in college now trying to pay off my tuition...but just wondered how much money do you guys spend on the rs6....hehe so i can chose my major. lease or cash? how old are yall? dont wish to be snobby but just want to get a realistic idea so i can plan ahead

i don't want to come of negative or something..
but if your pating of you tuition etc. it'll take a little time before you can afford an rs6 and the day you hopefully can afford one there will be a better RS model available..
car brands (incl. audi) have a bad habbit of charging more for the new model espescialle if that model is their most exclusive one.. :(

but if i wer you?
if you have gotten your driving license just now.. try to get a few no-claim years and make sure you get a bonus card at the local gas-station :P
i'm not an rs6 owner btw.

rs6w
November 12th, 2003, 07:32
If you're still in college and paying tuition focus on that instead of a car. Trust us you'll be be better off for it.

With this car and being a 'young' student the insurance will be a killer.

Take it from an old timer. Set your priorities right, this typically means driving something other than the top of the line.

(And yes I've paid my dues....)

Finnus
November 12th, 2003, 12:44
i finally figured how that audi's rs6 is better than m5

Hi, Iriver.

Welcome to RS6.com. You're at the right place!

List for the RS6 is $82,700. By the time you add options, taxes, etc. you're in the low 90s. It's probably a pretty even split between "owners" who lease and buy. I bought - I can never get over the psychology of a lease - to me it's not my car unless I buy. (bad rhyme) LOL You'll probably start to see used RS6s on the market in the next 6 months ...

It's good to have dreams and goals - just be careful how you get to them. If I were getting out of college and wanted something fast, I'd probably shoot for a Subaru WRX, maybe even the sti model.

There's always something, bigger, faster, more exotic ... BMW will relase the new M5 soon, and we'll see some interesting comparisons.

Anyways, good luck and welcome!

Finnus

:addict: :addict: :addict:

bilbozilla
November 12th, 2003, 15:36
I couldn't afford a car like the RS6 when I was in college, but if you feel you have the ability and speed is your achilles heel, why don't you look into a 750cc superbike? (That's what I did) I guarantee, these will outperform the next-gen RS6 and M5s.

Caveat - take a motorcycle safety foundation course. Also, if you don't have 2-wheeled driving experience, start off with a smaller set of wheels.

My motorcycle experience ended when I got on my ride one morning and thought to myself "If I keep this up, my time will come." I sold the bike that week and have not been on one ever since. I do, however, miss it.

Please, no flames as to the safety (or lack of) of motorcycles. I was just sharing how I was able to quench my speed thirst while on a budget.